Boatswain's Adventure Marine Park in Grand Cayman

Mjasp

DIS Veteran
Has anyone been there?

How is it?

Was it worth the money?

Is Breaker's Lagoon a swimming pool or a beach? Is the water deep?

Snorkeling at Boatswain's Lagoon? Is it nice?

I just saw this excursion on Disney's site, has anyone done this excursion through Disney? Is lunch or a drink included?

If you did it on your own, how much was cab fare to the park?

Thanks Everyone

Has anyone been there?

How is it?

Was it worth the money?

I just saw this excursion on Disney's site, has anyone done this excursion through Disney? Is lunch or a drink included?

Thanks Everyone

I would like to add to the list of questions . . . Our onshore time at GC will only be from 11 - 4:30. It seems like a short time for Boatswains, primarily due to the high price. Is 5 hours enough time to get your moneys worth?

Hey Joanna,

Great question.

Is the Turtle part of this, or can you still go to the turtle farm by itself?

http://www.boatswainsbeach.ky/

Above is their website, check it out. I know they have a turtle soemthing there but not sure about the turtle farm.

I'm liking this excursion

Seedooken: The excursion through Disney is only I think 4.5 hours, so it must be enough time.

There has to be someone here who has done it.

We did it last time we were in Grand Cayman. The turtles are part of it, although I think people can do the turtle part on their own too.

The snorkeling reefs were great; the water is deep, but they provide vests. There were plenty of chairs and a nice little cafe. The showers were very clean, which is a big plus for fussy little ol' me. We'll definitely be doing this one again when we're back in GC.

Hi Barb...How are you doing? Glad to see you liked it.

Is Breaker's Lagoon a swimming pool or a beach? It says that Breakers Lagoon is for swimming and it say "pool" so I'm not sure if it is a pool or a beach lagoon.

Also, someone on cruise critic said the water was disgusting? Now I know you and your "black light' LOL and I know if it was bad you would say it and wouldn't be going back.

Has anyone been there?

How is it?
It's great! We LOVED it!

Was it worth the money?
I would say yes.

I believe it's a swimming pool. We didn't go there.

The snorkeling at Boatswain Lagoon is amazing! The water is crystal clear and the lagoon is stocked with an amazing variety of fish and even a couple of baby turtles. At the opposite end from the beach, you swim right up to the large predator's tank, and if you weren't warned before hand by the staffer who gives you your snorkel gear that there's plexi separating them from you, you would definitely have a moment of panic as you swam up to a shark! It's really awesome.

We did it on our own, but I believe you do get a lunch ticket for the buffet at Schooner's Grille if you do the excursion through Disney. Our waitress found out we were from DCL and was asking us for our lunch ticket, and we were pretty confused at the time but figured it out later.

I believe cab fare is about $15 each way, but we took to bus (about 1/4 mile from port) and paid $2.50 per person each way.

Thanks Everyone

The Turtle Farm is included and is really cool too!

Bobbi555...THANK YOU SO MUCH for your input.

It's looking good for a GC excursion.

Hi Barb...How are you doing? Glad to see you liked it.

Is Breaker's Lagoon a swimming pool or a beach? It says that Breakers Lagoon is for swimming and it say "pool" so I'm not sure if it is a pool or a beach lagoon.

Also, someone on cruise critic said the water was disgusting? Now I know you and your "black light' LOL and I know if it was bad you would say it and wouldn't be going back.

If my fuzzy memory is correct, there was a pool as well as the snorkeling area. The water most definitely was not disgusting...it was very clean and well maintained. Indeed I am Black Light Barb, so if I say the lagoon and showers are clean, you can pretty much count on it. I enjoyed the excursion a lot more than I thought I would...the snorkeling was great.

Bobbi555...THANK YOU SO MUCH for your input.

It's looking good for a GC excursion.

My pleasure! If you want more info, click on my TR link at the bottom of my signature and the GC entry is on page 4, post #49. Lot's of pics of Boatswain Beach!

we did this excursion through royal caribbean in march. We did not care for this place. The water was in fact really dirty. Brown algae was floating all through it. The snorkeling would have been cool if the fish were around the lagoon area. Apparently there is this fish food dispenser between the predator tank and the snorkeling lagoon and ALL the fish hang out here. It could be so much more. The park feels like they were trying to recreate a smaller discovery cove experience. They need to get a handle on the water situation. I also noticed a few websites stating that they have had many deaths due to improper care. I shrugged this off and went anyway thinking that if they can handle turtles, they can handle the other. Boy was I wrong. The grounds however are clean, interesting birds in the aviary, and we got to see a blue iguana. We would not do the park again, and wished we would have done the snorkeling trip instead. Good luck either way!:cool2:

Do any of you know if you can use a credit card to charge admission and lunch or do we need to bring cash for this?

Another excursion to consider is something we did on our own via Nativeway Sports. We did the island tour and Stingray city. It consisted of a stop at a beach (7 mile), Rum factory (with sampling), Hell (boring), Boatswains (just the turtle part and was about 1-1.5 hours), and then a trip to Stingray city. The kids loved it more than anything else. They treated us great and the trip to stingray city had only 10 people on the boat. I saw other boats with 40+ people on it. We had a much more personalized trip with the guides really making it special.

Here are some pics for the tour:

IMG_2474.jpg

HPIM1096.jpg

HPIM1090.jpg

IMG_2494.jpg

IMG_2485.jpg

IMG_2472.jpg

IMG_2454.jpg

IMG_2428.jpg

IMG_2426.jpg

I don't have the pictures from Stingray city uploaded right now. I can post those later if anyone is interested.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter