Boatrights at POR ?

DH and I ate there last Dec. and were pleasantly surprised. The cornbread is fantastic. I had the beef medallions on mac and cheese, which was delicious (I actually had a filet on mac and cheese at Jiko later in the week, and liked Boatwright's better!). The medallions are fairly small, though. DH liked his meal, too, though I can't remember for sure what he got (maybe jambalaya?). The only thing I was underwhelmed by was the dessert - I got pecan pie, which was ok, but nothing special. I would definitely go back, even if we weren't staying at POR.

Unfortunately the out-sourcing of desserts is happening all over Disney -- due mainly to the popularity of the DPP..

Yep. My trip to Boatwrights was well before DDP and they were outsourced then. Now it seems as though almost everything is......

Has anyone tried the catfish there? DW and I are going there in March for the first time. I'm a big lover of catfish and wondered how the quality is. If it isn't good, may do the Prime Rib instead.

We ate at Boatwrights when we stayed at POR. It ended up being one of our favorite meals. It was realtively quite, the food was good, and the service was excellent. I've eaten at Tony's four or five times. It was back in the day one of my favorites. Given my recent experience there, I would go to Boatwrights.

thinking of adding this to one of our MK days...not completely sold yet though. We are staying at POR in April and it would be easy to come back to the resort and eat there for an early dinner (5pm)

we ate there in 2010 after cancelling an ADR and just wanted something easy at the resort. It ended up surprising us and was the best meals we had all week. I am so over going out of my way for ANY meal at Disney now, but if I was staying at POR or POFQ i would definately eat here.

We adore Boatwrights! We had 1 ADR last trip & ended up booking another. We have 2 booked for our upcoming trip as well!
The tenderloin medallions are delicious! & they have the best pecan pie.

sounds good! I am also tired of the trips where we are traveling all over to eat. I am making it much simpler this year, eat where we are! the day in question we will be at MK and the choices of places there are not much after already having 2 other days with ADR's there...eating back at the resort sounds like it will be a winner!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter