Boardwalk, Yacht Club, or AKL????

angiejg

DIS Veteran
Which resort would you choose from these three? Our kids are 15 and 9. Can you tell me reasons you would pick one of these over another? We have stayed at POR, POFQ, CBR, CSR, Poly, BC, Pop, ASM. POR is our favorite, but we want to try something new. We will not have park hoppers, but will go to every park twice. Epcot is our favorite. I can't seem to make a decision! Help!

Which resort would you choose from these three? Our kids are 15 and 9. Can you tell me reasons you would pick one of these over another? We have stayed at POR, POFQ, CBR, CSR, Poly, BC, Pop, ASM. POR is our favorite, but we want to try something new. We will not have park hoppers, but will go to every park twice. Epcot is our favorite. I can't seem to make a decision! Help!

This is how I rank them based on my own personal preferences.

1) YC
2) AKL
3) BWI

I picked AKL over BWI because of the savanah views from the room's balcony and all of the roaming animals.

Even though it's more convenient to EPCOT and DHS, The reason I ranked BWI last is the layout of the resort and that giant clown on the pool's slide ... dont get me wrong I dont hate it ... it's a beautiful resort but you gotta try AKL at least once

My ranking is

1) BWI
2) YC(with kids your age they might prefer the YC pool)
3) AKL(I would only put this on my list if I could so Savannah view)

I will say that I can not image staying at BWI or YC without Park Hoppers. We love to run over to EPCOT and meander through the WS at the end of our evenings(However, our evenings may end earlier than yours since our children are younger)

have stayed and LOVED all three but here is my fav to least fav order

1. yc - beats bwi only bc of SAB, if it is colder I go to BWI
2. bwi
3. akl - beautiful resort but location I do not like as I like being able to walk to the parks.

You cannot go wrong with any of the three

We stayed at akl last year with our 15 and9 year old daughters and they loved seeing all the animals

My ranking is

1) BWI
2) YC(with kids your age they might prefer the YC pool)
3) AKL(I would only put this on my list if I could so Savannah view)

I will say that I can not image staying at BWI or YC without Park Hoppers. We love to run over to EPCOT and meander through the WS at the end of our evenings(However, our evenings may end earlier than yours since our children are younger)

This gets our vote as well :thumbsup2...The pool is amazing & being able to walk into EPCOT for lunch or dinner is always a plus for us. ::yes::

I love AKL, but I would stay at either one of the Epcot Resorts over it. Those are just closer to the things that we like to do.

We have stayed at AKL and YC, both are awesome for different reasons:

YC Pros
1-so close to EPCOT, took us 6-8min to walk from IG to our room
2-SAB, the pool was really fun for our teens
3-Boat or walk to DS. Teens love DS, so it was nice to be so close
4-great food options for picky teens, Cape May was our favorite!! They loved Hurricane Hannah's too.

YC Cons
1-our room was pretty far from the lobby and pool. It was quite a walk to refill our mug or just hang out at the pool. We had asked to be close to the lobby (we had a pool view room), but no luck there
2-Bus service was horrible. We used a cab multiple times and have never had to do so before.
3-Theme did not appeal to my teens, they thought it looked like the Shinning hotel.

AKL pros
1-Theme, my teens loved it
2-pool The pool is huge and my teens enjoyed it just as much as SAB
3-Animals, even thought we don't spend much time in our room the kids love looking at the animals from our balcony
4-bus service. even though AKL is farther away from everywhere but AK, we found the bus service to be really good

AKL cons
1-Mara, the quick service gets pretty old here and the two sit down restaurants are too international for my picky teens.
2-rooms are smaller than YC, no day bed. This is hard for my teens, but we like the bunk beds.

Both resorts are great and worth trying at least once.

Of these 3 I've only stayed at YC, so I'll tell you what I think of YC:

Pros:
1. Location, location, location!
2. Storm A Long Bay is awesome
3. Close walk to Epcot
4. Closest to boat launch vs BC
5. Beautiful hotel
6. Yachtsmen Steakhouse
7. Ice cream @ Beaches & Cream
8. Drinks @ Hurricane Hanna
9. Cheaper buffet breakfast @ Captians Grille vs Character breakfast
@ Cape May
10. Mostly full balconies for water view vc BC that has a lot of mini balcony
11. Awesome water view of the Boardwalk at night
12. Watching fireworks from Epocot while swimming in SAB
13. Bus pick up 1st/drop off 1st

Cons:
1. A little stuffy vs BC
2. Difficult to fill refillable mug drinks as you have to go to Hurricane Hanna's
3. Marketplace is at BC, nothing like that at YC

With kids those ages, I'd go with BW. The area at night is a lot of fun and they'll enjoy it. AKL is way too dark and the animal view gets old after a couple of days. YC might be a little too stuffy for them.

We have only stayed at Boardwalk and AKL and loved them both. AKL is beautiful, restaurants are very good ( love Boma) has good bus service but is a bit out of the way. Boardwalk was also great, awesome location bus service was just ok ( shared bus with BC and YC). Being so close to Epcot and DHS is great. No counter service at Boardwalk though.
I think that our first choice would go to Boardwalk or YC (even though we have not been to YC) than AKL.

I would stay at either YC or BWI because of the great walking location to EPCOT/HS. Between those two I would stay at YC bc of SAB - it is such a great pool!

AKL is nice - but is near nothing really. The animals were amazing though!!! :goodvibes

-FantasiaMagic pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!