Boardwalk pizza- price increase and no large pizza (on menu as option) anymore…

Of course it makes sense. There was a demand for pizza, so Disney figured out how to charge more for it. Selling a whole pizza let a guest pay less per slice. Under the Cheapak regime, Disney has been focused on ways to make more money per guest.
When I said oh you got rid of the whole pie option bc it’s more profitable not to sell them he countered me and said no! It’s not bc of profit it’s bc of demand!!

I’m like huh?? The demand is high so you got rid of the whole pizza option bc it’s more profitable to sell by the slice. He kept saying no that’s not why… it’s bc of demand.

Plus we were here last October for the 50th. Less than a year ago. Slices were $5-6/each then. They are now $8.50-9!!!

$$$$$$ we are looking at Hawaii next year. Our money more wisely spent elsewhere….

Boardwalk cafe is still decent!

When I said oh you got rid of the whole pie option bc it’s more profitable not to sell them he countered me and said no! It’s not bc of profit it’s bc of demand!!

I’m like huh?? The demand is high so you got rid of the whole pizza option bc it’s more profitable to sell by the slice. He kept saying no that’s not why… it’s bc of demand.

Plus we were here last October for the 50th. Less than a year ago. Slices were $5-6/each then. They are now $8.50-9!!!

$$$$$$ we are looking at Hawaii next year. Our money more wisely spent elsewhere….

It could be demand and profit. Since it was one of the last great deals at Disney, the location might have gotten slammed for whole pizza orders that they either didn't have the oven space, raw ingredients/space for them, or personnel (b/c they didn't want to add personnel - the horror) to actually make and sell.

So, raise the price and relax as fewer people order, but you end up with more profit with less personnel and overhead costs.

I believe P&J's at Ft Wilderness still has take out pizza for ~ $20. It's not great quality, but it's still a pretty decent deal and was quite popular. I don't think you can purchase by the slice there, but I'm waiting for Disney to raise the P&J price as well.

I believe P&J's at Ft Wilderness still has take out pizza for ~ $20. It's not great quality, but it's still a pretty decent deal and was quite popular. I don't think you can purchase by the slice there, but I'm waiting for Disney to raise the P&J price as well.
Going to wilderness lodge for lunch. $24pp AYCE :)

::sigh:: I really enjoyed the pizza there last summer and thought it was a pretty good deal given location and size. Figures that this is now diminished too.

True Disney CM not breaking character :joker:

The BW pizza window is run by people from Brooklyn NY. Not sure if it is Disney owned. But the pizza was good I believe was 18 in 2019 22 last year and RIP this year 😂 stayed at BW those 2 years this year WL and even happier now. Gone are a pizza and EPCOT fireworks after. I am not paying 32… good pizza but not 32 good Even for Disney pricing. The meatball hero was also good but gone after 2019. I will say last year it was getting to be an hour wait so the demand was there for a large pie not a slice 🤷‍♂️ As they never sold a slice only personal in 2019.

Will also add the large pie was more on the scale of what’s called a small pie in a NYC pizzeria so 8.50 a slice is ridiculous But obviously they are cutting them bigger if 4 slices makes a pie.

::sigh:: I really enjoyed the pizza there last summer and thought it was a pretty good deal given location and size. Figures that this is now diminished too.
Yes, we decided to explore our options bc 6 slices isn’t as healthy as 3 sandwiches from boardwalk cafe, and it’s just as filling (imo). We went next door instead.

Last September/October, the slices were btwn $4.50-$5.50 each, I think. I remember the cost of the pie ($21-24) was roughly 4 slices. $8.50 is a lot. But I see ppl ordering btwn 4-6 slices so 🤷‍♀️ maybe chapek is right and will maximize profits.
Will also add the large pie was more on the scale of what’s called a small pie in a NYC pizzeria so 8.50 a slice is ridiculous But obviously they are cutting them bigger if 4 slices makes a pie.
I don’t think it’s 4 slices = a pie. I think it’s 8 slices but they are allowing you to buy a full large pie if you order 4 slices?

In April, the wait for a pie or slices was about an hour. Too many people knew it was a good deal and they were consistently slammed. There were times during the day that they closed the line and would not take more orders. Like a pp mentioned- the demand was too high so they raised prices and changed the offering (slices only). Fewer people will choose to pay that price but with higher profits, Disney will still end up making the same amount of money. People might be upset the price increased but onlyba few might complain, that isn't the same strain on cast members and management when lots of people are complaining about the ridiculously long wait just for some pizza.

It’s summer, the place is packed and if the large pizza was too many orders and they can’t keep up that would be too high demand and suggest the price is too low for their operation. So they took it off the menu but can sell it whole at the new slice rate. I don’t know why you think he was lying?

It’s summer, the place is packed and if the large pizza was too many orders and they can’t keep up that would be too high demand and suggest the price is too low for their operation. So they took it off the menu but can sell it whole at the new slice rate. I don’t know why you think he was lying
Did I say ever once say he was lying?

I said to the guy it’s about profit which it ultimately is. Demand and profit are intimately intertwined. I don’t appreciate being gaslighted, and his insistence that it is only about demand sure bordered on that.

On that note- the original reason I posted: public service note meant to HELP those on this forum, not to attack anonymous strangers for word choices that they never used.

FYI. prices changed significantly for boardwalk pizza. Please plan accordingly and have a magical day!

Last edited:
In April, the wait for a pie or slices was about an hour. Too many people knew it was a good deal and they were consistently slammed. There were times during the day that they closed the line and would not take more orders. Like a pp mentioned- the demand was too high so they raised prices and changed the offering (slices only). Fewer people will choose to pay that price but with higher profits, Disney will still end up making the same amount of money. People might be upset the price increased but onlyba few might complain, that isn't the same strain on cast members and management when lots of people are complaining about the ridiculously long wait just for some pizza.
I agree. It made absolute sense to raise the price.

Just wanted to alert everyone of the new significantly higher price as of this week AND that there’s no whole pie option on the revised menu unless you specifically ask for 4 slices (which may also have been a courtesy bc I questioned the new revised menu- the whole pie is not technically an available option and the woman before me ordered 9 slices at $80!!).

Good luck everyone on trying to budget at Disney going forward. Les Halle’s is still reasonable with the $5.95 lobster bisque bread bowl and $7 quiches, although who knows how long those prices will last. Lobster bisque runs out a few times a day (likely bc it’s a good deal).

Last edited:

I said to the guy it’s about profit which it ultimately is. Demand and profit are intimately intertwined. I don’t appreciate being gaslighted, and his insistence that it is only about demand sure bordered on that.

On that note- the original reason I posted: public service note meant to HELP those on this forum, not to attack anonymous strangers for word choices that they never used.

FYI. prices changed significantly for boardwalk pizza. Please plan accordingly and have a magical day!
It was nice of you to post so that people would have the information and could plan accordingly. The changes at Disney annoy me, and I personally need to remember to think twice about how I word my replies. In other words, I have to remember not to kill the messenger.

I guess I misunderstood you. I thought you detailed not believing the cast members answers, I guess you just disagreed? either way no worries, I wasn't trying to attack you and I apologize for coming off that way by using that word. I was trying to really just relay the reality that if they can't be a pizza pie business due to demand and staffing, it is what is.

Haven't been there in a few years. Can someone please refresh my memory about how large the slices actually are? Is the $8.50 slice now 1/4 of a pie or is it 1/8 of a pie since 4 slices make an entire pie?

Thank you for reporting this! We go back to BWV in September and we always visit the pizza window for a good cheap meal. If I’m going to pay $34 for a pizza I’ll just go to Beaches and Cream spend a little more and have burgers. That’s a huge price jump. Oh well! Such is life right now.

Another nail in the coffin by Disney for us and added to the long list of reasons why our October trip will be our last for a long time. If this wasn’t a big family trip with our grandchildren and just my wife and me, I would have cancelled by now.

We‘re staying at the BCV and were planning on the pizza on our arrival day. Will have to work on Plan B now.

$8.50/slice with no whole pie discount options is ridonculous. I’m am so done with Disney parks.
The whole pie discount was order 4 slices, get 8 slices (I think?) at $34/pie. So perhaps the per slice for the pie is half price or $4.25/slice?
Haven't been there in a few years. Can someone please refresh my memory about how large the slices actually are? Is the $8.50 slice now 1/4 of a pie or is it 1/8 of a pie since 4 slices make an entire pie?

The slices were normal sized, at least last year. I don’t know if the new $8.50-8.99 slices are double sized or normal sized.

Given the much much shorter lines (as in only a person of two at the window, if any) every time I passed, I believe ppl are a bit discouraged by the pricing. Demand has definitely dropped if that was indeed their intent. Don’t know about profit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!