BOARDWALK OR BEACH CLUB

OHIOVACATIONER

DIS Veteran
Looking to go to the Candlelight Processional. Debating whether to stay at an Epcot resort. Which of these are the nicest. They both look nice.

You are right. They are both nice. I would look at some pics online to see which one appeals the most to you. Also, consider the pools. Storm Along bay is very popular (BC) and some don't like the Clown slide at the main pool at the BWI. The BC has some rooms with standing room only balconies, so if a larger balcony with seats is important, then you might want to choose the BWI.

Whichever you choose, enjoy!!

Looking to go to the Candlelight Processional. Debating whether to stay at an Epcot resort. Which of these are the nicest. They both look nice.

I agree with the pp's that both are nice; however, I just got back from a stay at BWI and while the BC is nice, BWI would be my choice. Nothing bad about the BC, I just prefer the atmosphere, etc at BWI. Good luck :wizard:.

You can't go wrong with either. I love the pool at BC, but I adore the BWI for the overall feel. But, truly...I would take whichever has teh better deal, as they are both amazing.

They both are great but have slightly different atmospheres. Personally, I prefer BWI over BC. I grew up staying at the BC, but as I've gotten older we became DVC members at BW and love it. The question I have is are looking at staying for a single night or longer? The BW would be my choice for a longer stay as you are closer to DHS to walk and the bus transportation to AK and MK is better as the BW does not share with any other resorts. The bus service from the BC shares with the sister YC. The walk to Epcot is closer from the BC.

We love them both, but I think I like BW a bit better. I know most love the pool at BC, but we are just as happy at BW pool. My daughter finds the fish smell of the Cape May Cafe very off putting. Honestly, I don't notice it, but it's a big thing for her. So that also makes us pick BW.

I think most people would be really happy w/ either.

We have stayed at both at each hold a special place in our hearts. We stayed BWI back in Jan and love the CL there. We will be staying CL at the Beach Club in 3 weeks because the BWI was not available. The walk to the IG at Epcot is closer to the BC, but the walk to the DHS is closer to the BW. At night, we love to walk the Boardwalk and take in the atmosphere.

I liked the Boardwalk better than the Beach Club. The pool wasn't as crowded and the overall atmosphere appealed to me more. When I first looked online I didn't like the decorations, but was surprised when I actually really enjoyed my stay there. The actual boardwalk part is really fun too. I'd recommend requesting near an elevator to avoid a really long walk down one of their endless hallways.

We have always loved BWI and have stayed there exclusively for many years. We had a quick trip in February and BWI was full so we booked Beach Club assuming it would be very much the same ... not so! We hated it and it was the first time we left WDW disappointed in our resort stay in thirty five years of Disney trips! I would definitely go with BWI or even the Swan or Dolphin if location was the main decision point ... never Beach Club again!

We have always loved BWI and have stayed there exclusively for many years. We had a quick trip in February and BWI was full so we booked Beach Club assuming it would be very much the same ... not so! We hated it and it was the first time we left WDW disappointed in our resort stay in thirty five years of Disney trips! I would definitely go with BWI or even the Swan or Dolphin if location was the main decision point ... never Beach Club again!

Why did you hate Beach Club? Just curious honestly, I'm an off-site guy myself but other than the room checks, we thought that Yacht Club on our last trip was nice enough, and Beach Club seemed fun when we ate at Cape May and grabbed a few souvenirs from their gift shop before going home.

Depends on your situation. When we traveled with kids, we prefered Beach Club. Now that we travel without kids, we prefer Boardwalk.
Both are really nice and you can't go wrong with either choice.
We love being close to EPCOT and HS.

Having stayed at Beach Club and Swan (not BW yet) I think you can't go wrong because any of them are in the best location for a WDW vacation (obvious bias). For my next trip I'm thinking I'll go with whichever Epcot resort has the best deal.

The last two years we stayed at the BC and last year the YC. This year we are staying at BWI and really are looking forward to it.

We are the exact opposite. Love BC, YC, and BCV, and have stayed at each multiple times. Stayed at Boardwalk once and both DH and I agreed, never again. We didn't like the setup of the resort and really hated the pool (no clown issues just didn't like the pool) and pool bar. That said, lots of people love the Boardwalk and many are happy with whichever Epcot resort has the best rate, that's the great thing about WDW, there are a lot of great hotel options for a variety of tastes.

I really don’t think you can go wrong with either. We adore the BC, but have never stayed at the BWI. We think it looks like a lovely resort and plan to stay there one day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter