Boardwalk Luna Park Pool refurbishment?

2ndcruiser

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone. I am staying at the Boardwalk Inn the first few days of February. This site says that the Luna Park Pool is closed at the end of January thru mid-March for refurbishment. I called the Disney travel company to confirm and they said it is not closed during this time. Can anyone clarify for me where that information on here was received? I ask because if it is indeed closed I want to change to a different resort. We stayed at Caribbean Beach a few years ago and when we showed up the main pool was closed. Info that would be nice to know when you make your reservation. My family was quite upset about this unexpected development and I don't want to have that happen again, especially considering what we are paying to stay there! Thanks for the help!

Hi everyone. I am staying at the Boardwalk Inn the first few days of February. This site says that the Luna Park Pool is closed at the end of January thru mid-March for refurbishment. I called the Disney travel company to confirm and they said it is not closed during this time. Can anyone clarify for me where that information on here was received? I ask because if it is indeed closed I want to change to a different resort. We stayed at Caribbean Beach a few years ago and when we showed up the main pool was closed. Info that would be nice to know when you make your reservation. My family was quite upset about this unexpected development and I don't want to have that happen again, especially considering what we are paying to stay there! Thanks for the help!
I would put much more stock in the various Disney Web sites that are reporting this refurb rather than the Disney call center. The call center is notorious for giving out blatantly wrong info.

Before your reply I called the hotel as well and the 2 people I spoke to there also said no scheduled maintenance coming. Does the point about wrong info also apply to the resorts? I can see that because they probably don't want everyone bailing on their reservations.

So I called back to the hotel, at first was told again that their is no scheduled maintenance, but then they checked specifically the main pool and wouldn't you know it...closed Jan 2 thru mid-March. Thanks for the help and input...reservation has been changed to Beachclub!

Before your reply I called the hotel as well and the 2 people I spoke to there also said no scheduled maintenance coming. Does the point about wrong info also apply to the resorts? I can see that because they probably don't want everyone bailing on their reservations.

When you call the Disney hotel numbers, you're really just speaking to someone on the general Disney line, even if you're on property.
Chances are those staying at the Boardwalk during the refurb will be allowed to swim at Stormalong Bay at the Yacht Club/ Beach Club.

You'll love BC and SAB is much nicer IMO. I have heard that last time they closed Luna Park, BWI guests were allowed to use SAB, and the resort shuttled you over if you didn't want to walk. But much more convenient to be staying at BC :goodvibes

You'll love BC and SAB is much nicer IMO. I have heard that last time they closed Luna Park, BWI guests were allowed to use SAB, and the resort shuttled you over if you didn't want to walk. But much more convenient to be staying at BC :goodvibes

Hi Sue! :wave2:

Just wanted to add that we're staying BWI CL in January, and as soon as I read that Luna Park would be closed during our stay, I contacted IPO for confirmation. They confirmed that Luna Park will be closed and that, at this time, the only alternatives they are offering are the BWI quiet pools. I wrote back to ask about access to SAB (based on previous experience with pool closures) and they said that the two BWI quiet pools are the only option at this point. I certainly hope they decide to change that before the closure.

So, between the Luna Park Pool refurbishment and the Boardwalk Bakery refurb (not sure of the timing on that), it's going to be noisy on both the BWI and BWV sides don't you think?

We have an early March ressie and I'm thinking that changing to a different resort might be best for us. I wish the website worked so I could see what is available. When I booked, there were only club level rooms available at BC, so I went with a standard at BWI. I really want an Epcot resort.

So, between the Luna Park Pool refurbishment and the Boardwalk Bakery refurb (not sure of the timing on that), it's going to be noisy on both the BWI and BWV sides don't you think?

We have an early March ressie and I'm thinking that changing to a different resort might be best for us. I wish the website worked so I could see what is available. When I booked, there were only club level rooms available at BC, so I went with a standard at BWI. I really want an Epcot resort.

Pool rehab only goes until March 1. Your reservation should be fine.

ugh oh.......:confused3 When is the bakery refurb..? Im going to be at the BWV and I hope it isnt then.. Ill kick myself because I really wanted BCV but my husband made me book BWV for a change! :headache:

ugh oh.......:confused3 When is the bakery refurb..? Im going to be at the BWV and I hope it isnt then.. Ill kick myself because I really wanted BCV but my husband made me book BWV for a change! :headache:

oops.. forgot to mention we are going in April 2013

The Bakery refurb is Jan. 2- mid-April. So depending when in April you're going, it might be open again. If it's not, they are planning to have alternatives available for guests. I'm staying there in late-January and wouldn't dream of changing my resort because of this.

:wave2: to my helpful friends that I see posting over on this thread!

So I called back to the hotel, at first was told again that their is no scheduled maintenance, but then they checked specifically the main pool and wouldn't you know it...closed Jan 2 thru mid-March. Thanks for the help and input...reservation has been changed to Beachclub!

Since you have changed your reservation, I would like to give you an invitation to visit us over on the Beach Club/Yacht Club FAQ board. There's lots of info and pictures on the first page of the thread. Many expert posters hang out there if you have any questions about the resort.

You can click on the link in my signature to get to the forum. Hope to see you there!

Dee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!