Boardwalk Inn water view vs 1 Bedroom Old Key West?

blackacex2

Mouseketeer
For six nights, the price is about the same for a 1 bedroom at old key west vs a water view room at the boardwalk inn.

It's just my wife and I on this trip. We've always stayed at bonnet creek in an 850 sq foot 1 bedroom with washer/dryer, whirlpool tub, large balcony, full kitchen, california king bed etc.

We decided we want to stay in a Disney hotel no matter what this year. We've never stayed in a regular room- we've always had the large bonnet creek suite. We love the boardwalk area, but ultimately it's very tempting to have all that space at old key west. We've never stayed at old key west though, and we are wondering if it's anywhere near as cool as the boardwalk.

I own DVC and love the bigger villas at OKW.

Still, for adults, I think the Boardwalk view rooms at BWI is the best place to stay at WDW (I've stayed at all deluxe and DVC except Poly).

I own DVC and love the bigger villas at OKW.

Still, for adults, I think the Boardwalk view rooms at BWI is the best place to stay at WDW (I've stayed at all deluxe and DVC except Poly).

Well that makes it easy then! Have you stayed boardwalk inn standard view and water view? If so- did you think the water view was worth the extra cash?

If you are going to be spending alot of time at Epcot, BWI is so convenient.

I have stated at every deluxe except GF. I haven't stayed at any DVC property's. There are 4 of us and I would still pick location over room size. I think you are really going to enjoy walking to Epcot in the evenings for dinner. I have only stayed in SV at BW, but I think the WV would be worth the extra money.

Well that makes it easy then! Have you stayed boardwalk inn standard view and water view? If so- did you think the water view was worth the extra cash?

not to me. Now love BWV (own there) - so have stayed alot. always go for the standard rooms.

now not sure about the water view is at BWI. Know what they would mean at BWV - just not BWI.

OKW is close to DD - which you might enjoy. You can take a boat, bus or walk to DD from OKW.
Really think that makes them equal in entertainment.

now being able to walk to Epcot or Studios - puts BW ahead for me.

blackacex2 said:

I have done both. We spend a lot of time on our balcony so I definitely thought being able to look at the boardwalk and lake was worth the extra money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter