Boardwalk and off-site dining

tarasdad

Earning My Ears
On Touringplans I notice that one of the positives listed for the Boardwalk Villas was "Good selection of off-site dining within walking distance". Could anyone elaborate on this? Thanks.

Bill

On Touringplans I notice that one of the positives listed for the Boardwalk Villas was "Good selection of off-site dining within walking distance". Could anyone elaborate on this? Thanks.

Bill

If by "off-site" they mean lots of choices at the Swan and Dolphin. There are a bunch of well-regarded restaurants at those two resorts, plus you're within walking distance of the restaurants at Beach Club, Yacht Club, Epcot and DHS.

I'm not entirely sure how walkable it is from BW to the resaturants on I-Drive, but there are lots that are very easy to get to by car/cab.

tarasdad said:

Bill

I don't think that means off Disney property, because there isn't any that I know. Unless we're counting the Hess station.

I see Missy's answer, yes, it could refer to S/D although they are on Disney property.

I'm guessing Swan and Dolphin restaurants as well. Just as some think the Swan is "true deluxe" versus "Disney Deluxe" as a hotel, some think the restaurants at the Swan and Dolphin are higher quality (and/or more what they expect from similar quality hotels) than the Disney ones.

You also have the restaurants on the boardwalk itself(Flying Fish, Kouzzinna, ESPN club, etc.).

I would think that means the restaurants on the boardwalk that pp referred to -- they aren't actually a part of the resort.

I'm sure they are referring to the many "offsite" restuarants at the S/D which are exceptional. If you stay at BWI you should definitely try Blue Zoo/Shula's/Il Muliano. I even found that the same breakfast I bought (same products even from WDW's bakery) was about $4 cheaper at the S/D than at the Mainstreet Bakery or Tamu/Tamu whatever it is in AK. (coffee - or espresso - and plain croissant or just a coffee and banana depending on if I'm feeling skinny or fat:)

My guess is theyre talking about the restaurants that are either on the BW or over at BC&YC..Like PP's have stated .Not off property...And arriving in 12 days I too will be one visiting these for the 1st time...Yipeee:cheer2:

it is not off site---- it is not Disney owned like the OP stated as in Swan Dolphin or on the Borad walk or in another resort on the Boardwalk area as it is a long way over I 5 to any offical off site dining. be a lo ng way to walk to the Lake Buena Vista drive dining also unless you took the bus to DTD and then walked over to them hotels.

One time I was in the boardwalk lobby on a rainy night and a guy was throwing a fit when they told him there was no restaurant without going outside.

Off-site means outside of BW itself. So...you have all the restaurants at the Swan, the Dolphin, the YC, and BC. There are a ton of places to eat, outside of BW. One of my favorites?? Picabu at the Dolphin. Love it there.
And you get to have ESPN, Big River Brew, Kouzzina, and Flying Fish, all right there at BW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter