Boarding Schools?

swimer3

You'll never be old and wise, if you aren't young
Do any of you go to boarding schools? I really want to, but my parents are against it. they say im to young and they will miss me too much. what do you think of it?

Ava

Why would you want to go to a boarding school anyway?

I think it would be pretty cool to go to a boarding school, but I don't really know how it is to live like that. I'd have to "experience" it first. :)

I think it would be cool...but I to would have to experience with it.
Taylor*

I think there is plenty of time for living away from home at college. But ask Kristy (2Hot2Touch)...cuz I think she goes to one. She might like it and be able to offer some valuable advice!

MuNkY said:

Whats wrong with boarding school?

Anyway. I go to a boarding school, this is my second year there. The plus side of going to a boarding school is you get close to everyone at your school, there arent alot of people at your school so you know like everyone, we dont have to go by the state rules so we start the school year later than most schools and end it earlier, we also have alot of long breaks, like march break where I am off of school for a month. And private schools around the new england area like in NY, MASS, and CT, they have half days on Wed. and Sat.
the bad part about it, is if you are a boarder you tend to miss home and being with the same people in the school for so long can drive you crazy sometimes(but you learn to lve everyone anyway), you dont get snow days because most of your teachers live on campus. you have to go to school on saturdays.(but sometimes your deans or headmistresses just randomly take a day off.) In most private boarding schools you have to wear a uniform.(but only during the acedemic day, other wise you can wear whatever you want) there is studyhall everyday(well night at my school) except on saturdays(again this is only at my school). some of the people that you go to school with are rich snobs or they are selfish people that dont care for anything except themselves and will steal your things with out even caring(such as my roomate who is a klepto) you have to live with people that you really hate. and when you want to do something instead of just asking your parents you need to get permission from like 5 people.
If you have any more questions feel free to PM me. But overall i love my school and wouldnt change my dicision to go there at all.(yes it was my choice to go to a boarding school)

Princess Ash said:
I think there is plenty of time for living away from home at college. But ask Kristy (2Hot2Touch)...cuz I think she goes to one. She might like it and be able to offer some valuable advice!

thanks, yea i do like boarding school. and it gets you ready for college.

Another boarding school student here. Spent my post-Sophmore summer in a boarding school near Lake Tahoe, Junior year in Idaho (don't ask :earboy2: ) and I'm now (or, well soon to be once I transfer my stuff from the apartment I lived in w/ a teacher) I'm living in the dorm in an international school in Japan. 2HOT2touch pretty much nailed down most of what it's like in the school I go to, esp. being away from family. It's been difficult being 5,000+ miles away from home and having my nearest relatives 2,400 miles south (not to mention it costs and arm and a leg to get to either places :\) but I've been able to manage thanks to my friends and dormmates whom I kinda consider my family. Going to boarding schools has been a great experience for me and I'd recommend it!

But I guess it depends on your tastes, if you like to venture to somewhere else far from home or trying to see how life is like w/o having your family present, go for it.

2HOT2touch said:

Anyway. I go to a boarding school, this is my second year there. The plus side of going to a boarding school is you get close to everyone at your school, there arent alot of people at your school so you know like everyone, we dont have to go by the state rules so we start the school year later than most schools and end it earlier, we also have alot of long breaks, like march break where I am off of school for a month. And private schools around the new england area like in NY, MASS, and CT, they have half days on Wed. and Sat.
the bad part about it, is if you are a boarder you tend to miss home and being with the same people in the school for so long can drive you crazy sometimes(but you learn to lve everyone anyway), you dont get snow days because most of your teachers live on campus. you have to go to school on saturdays.(but sometimes your deans or headmistresses just randomly take a day off.) In most private boarding schools you have to wear a uniform.(but only during the acedemic day, other wise you can wear whatever you want) there is studyhall everyday(well night at my school) except on saturdays(again this is only at my school). some of the people that you go to school with are rich snobs or they are selfish people that dont care for anything except themselves and will steal your things with out even caring(such as my roomate who is a klepto) you have to live with people that you really hate. and when you want to do something instead of just asking your parents you need to get permission from like 5 people.
If you have any more questions feel free to PM me. But overall i love my school and wouldnt change my dicision to go there at all.(yes it was my choice to go to a boarding school)

What school do you go to? I have been doing some research, but not alot of schools seem to fit me.

2HOT2touch said:

What school do you go to? I have been doing some research, but not alot of schools seem to fit me.

MuNkY said:
It gets you ready for college, and gives you what you need to go to an Ivy League school, like i want to do.

swimer3 said:
It gets you ready for college, and gives you what you need to go to an Ivy League school, like i want to do.
Thats exactly how i felt when i started applying to schools. I want to go to Harvard, for law school.

2HOT2touch said:
Thats exactly how i felt when i started applying to schools. I want to go to Harvard, for law school.
I actualy want to go to Yale, then Law school.

you too!

Now i just have to convince my parents to let me go. The Gunnery seems like a great school, but far.

i have friends from NJ,CA,FL,France,NY,Germany,and Asia. Pa isnt that far... and our parents can come to your games and you can go home every weekend and randomly during the year we have what are called "head's weekeds" when the entire student population has to leave campus for a long weekend. its so that the teachers and their familys that live on campus can have some privacy. and we have alot of vacations. you also get a mailbox so that your parents can send you things. We also have an internet system just for the school, its called Gunn net. and every student gets an email address and basically everything that has to do with the school is done through email. the only thing about the school right now is that we dont have very good cell service but we are told that there will be better service soon. Oh, and this is a Coed school. if you want to look at the website it is Gunnery.org

can you tell im a tourguide? lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter