Boarding Question...

kristenrice

NOT just an ambulance driver
OK, odd question...

We are flying with a group of 15 on AirTran. We have pre-purchased the seats near the front that include priority (zone 1) boarding for all passengers. We're hoping to upgrade at least some of us to BC at the 24-hour mark.

My sister is flying with her infant daughter and has never used a car seat on an airplane before, but I have. In fact, I am the only one in our group that has secured my kids in a car seat. I'm wondering....if I am one of the group that is upgraded, will I be able to go to her seat (in coach, row 14) and install the car seat for her so that it is ready when she boards? My DH will be able to stow my luggage for me and get our kids (ages 8 and 6 with 4 previous flights under their belts) situated in our seats so that is not a concern.

IIRC, the BC passengers and zone 1 all board simultaneously anyways so it might be a moot point.

The times I have flown with Airtran, BC boarded first, then zone 1 people. I don't think they would have a huge issue with you going back to her seat and installing the carseat for her. But, I would ask at the gate, just to be sure.

I assume a ticket has been purchased for the infant. If the baby does not have a ticket then if there are no empty seats on the plane, they will not let the car seat be installed and the baby will have to ride on the parents' lap.

The times I have flown with Airtran, BC boarded first, then zone 1 people. I don't think they would have a huge issue with you going back to her seat and installing the carseat for her. But, I would ask at the gate, just to be sure.

Thanks... That's what I was hoping.

I assume a ticket has been purchased for the infant. If the baby does not have a ticket then if there are no empty seats on the plane, they will not let the car seat be installed and the baby will have to ride on the parents' lap.

Yes, she has a ticket.

There will be no problem with you bringing on the car seat when you board and securing it for your daughter. Your problem will be getting back to your seat against the stream of PAX boarding!

There will be no problem with you bringing on the car seat when you board and securing it for your daughter.n(It's actually my sister's daughter...my niece:)) Your problem will be getting back to your seat against the stream of PAX boarding!

I'd thought about that too...fortunately, it would only be 3-4 rows that I'd need to move up. I'd have to wait for a small break in the action:rotfl:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter