Temporarily Locked: Standy Line Open. Boarding Group: Rise of the Resistance *No Spoilers* Thread, Read 1st Post before commenting.

Nope you can be anywhere in the country. You just need to practice and have good cellular coverage or very very fast Wi-Fi.

ETA: Actually being on site can sometimes be a deteriorate due to the density of users on the networks.

Dave

Exactly. I am sure that using data will be best as long as you can find a good spot to get the most bars. I don't think I am going to trust the on-site Wi-Fi very much.

Exactly. I am sure that using data will be best as long as you can find a good spot to get the most bars. I don't think I am going to trust the on-site Wi-Fi very much.
Ok, then I guess my experience of booking DVC at 7 months and just racing thru the screens paid off. I don't use their wifi so that was just fortunate.

The 1:00 passes were gone in less than a minute today. I wonder if they released more at 7 than usual.

The 1:00 passes were gone in less than a minute today. I wonder if they released more at 7 than usual.
They lasted less than 20 seconds today which is more the norm. We've had a few days of them lasting a minute or longer recently but gone in seconds is what normally happens.

Just a moment!
is Everyone here?
Each member of your party needs to be in the park......

What means? me do it?

Just a moment!
is Everyone here?
Each member of your party needs to be in the park......

What means? me do it?
Yes it means you would have gotten a boarding pass had you been in the park. In other words, a successful practice.

Less than 30 sec for me at 1:00, I didn't hurry because I was preoccupied but did get through once despite not opening the app until a few seconds after my phone changed to 1:00, and it had to automatically log me in. After I got through I closed the app and when I reopened it they were all gone - that was somewhere around 1:00:30.

Where and how do they check your BG? I am surprised they don’t monitor that more carefully.

Castmembers check phones and scan tickets at the start of the queue to assure you have a bg for that hour and that your entire party is there.

People who didn't know to seek a reservation at 7 am were kindly taught how to try for a reservation at 1 pm and turned away.

There is no reason for it to be monitored any more carefully as the current method works well.

Last edited:
They lasted less than 20 seconds today which is more the norm. We've had a few days of them lasting a minute or longer recently but gone in seconds is what normally happens.

I was hoping a few minutes was becoming the norm at 1:00. An easy back up if something went wrong at 7.

Just got back a few days ago. Got BG 24/16/34. Only 3 times we tried. While I’m sure I’m quick on the app is staying on property/AP/DVC factors? Each time it was just me. Spoke to someone in an Air BNB talking about their whole family using 6 devices all failing on multiple days.
My husband and I failed to get a boarding group on four separate trips when we both tried to get a boarding group at the same time. When just one of us tried to get a boarding group we we successful both times. We each have our own MDE accounts so I think that might have been a factor - for us.
You really have to run the download speed test. We had a room at the Yacht Club that was about as close to an outdoor wifi antenna as you can get and the speed on Disney wifi was much faster than Sprint LTE. :)

You really have to run the download speed test. We had a room at the Yacht Club that was about as close to an outdoor wifi antenna as you can get and the speed on Disney wifi was much faster than Sprint LTE. :)

I am always running speed tests if I am in a situation where it matters. That app I have on my phone runs a very accurate speed test. It is called Signal Strength.

If I am watching time on time.gov on another phone is the consensus to hit join from the At At page right at 7:00 or a second or two before?

Refreshing is not the most effective method. Just need to stay on the main screen (AT-AT) and hit the button right at 7/1
That’s exactly how we got ours. My son did the countdown from 10 seconds before 7 AM and that helped too.

If I am watching time on time.gov on another phone is the consensus to hit join from the At At page right at 7:00 or a second or two before?
Using time.gov, exactly 7:00. If you go a second or two early you will most likely be too early and you could lock yourself out.

My understanding is that those who are going a second or two early are those who know their phones are off from time.gov by that amount.

I will say I've compared my phone to time.gov and I am off by .006 of a second. I wait until the time on my phone turns to exactly 1:00 and have been successful over 100 times in the past 6 months of practice.

I got through twice today at 1:00 with no prep other than watching the second hand on my Apple Watch to know when 1:00 was imminent. I completely closed out the app and reopened it the second time, and that time hesitated to make sure all of us showed on the list since I just added my nephew today after he and my brother decided to join us for 3 days this July. After that when I reopened the app a third time it was full, then it had been around 35 sec.

So we had one shot. Last Saturday we had 4 of us on my account. I used the condo wifi we were staying at, everyone else used our T-Mobile. Speeds were testing 50 to 80 mbps for both. Had the family informed for : join-join-join, no reading allowed except for that word. ( never practiced ). I did a countdown from time.gov on my laptop, 5-4-3-2-1-JOIN. My daughter got us boarding group # 4 . She was on data. It interfered with our droid building , as we got there 5 minutes after our window shut, but they let us on. ( They had told us we'd be fine).

Had totally forgotten about practicing since my last HS day was in September but since I'll be there on Tues I figured I'd better brush up on my skills. I missed testing the 7am window today but hopefully I'll get to test that at least once in the next couple days. I just tried at 1pm and I believe I was successful on a couple attempts. It seems like the window was open for at least 1 full minute this afternoon. Obviously I'll hope for a BG during the 7am window but we are ok with heading back at the end of the day (ride uptime permitting) if we have to do the 1pm window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter