Temporarily Locked: Standy Line Open. Boarding Group: Rise of the Resistance *No Spoilers* Thread, Read 1st Post before commenting.

Here is an unpopular opinion. Only go on the ride once so other people can enjoy it.
Definitely unpopular. Haha.
I can see this discussion quickly turning bad. Let's let each person decide what they wish to do. We do not know their circumstances. Someone who may visit Disney every few years or less will think a different way from a person who may visit more frequently.

Please discontinue the discussion about how often a person can/should ride RotR during their trip.

Thank you to all the tips on this thread! Yesterday we were able to get Group 7 and today we got Group 51.

We were all pre-selected, on wifi, in room at the Grand Floridian villas. No issues. I practiced from home a LOT before we came and got a feel for it!

I am a newbie at getting a boarding pass for Rotr. Someone has suggested I set up my friends/family group before trying to get a boarding pass but I'll admit that I sometimes find MDE confusing. The app gives different choices in different places whether I am using a laptop, ipad or phone. Regardless of what is likely my ineptness, can somebody tell me exactly what steps (and include what device you are referring to) to go through to set up my party in advance specifically for trying to get a boarding pass? Also, some people I manage their plans, others I have sent an invitation to (one of which is still pending). Does this matter? I just can't test the virtual queue beyond a certain point so I want to have it lined up as best as possible. Would greatly appreciate it!

Also, in order to manage expectations, does anybody have a rough idea of how likely it is to go through successfully? I realize there is a second chance at 1pm, just wanting to manage our expectations.

I should add that I have people on my family and friends that I "do not have plans with" from an old trip, and then there are people that I "share plans with."

I have another question about ADRs - I know that if your boarding group gets called during an ADR, you can just show them when you arrive late and they should let you on. What I'm wondering is how long that grace period lasts? I have back to back Oga's 11:15am and Droid Depot 12:05pm and we'd like to grab some quick actual food before those reservations, as well, because we probably won't eat much breakfast. So what happens if we are fortunate to get an AM boarding group and it gets called around 10:30am or 11am? Can we push our arrival time back to 12:30pm, or whenever we finish the Droids?

I actually was able to snag 3 different Oga's times for the same day when the massive extra hours dump happened, but the 11:15am is my favorite. I really like the idea of having a sugary drink after a quick lunch. (I promise that I will release the other two as soon as I finalize my schedule!) Should I plan to do Oga's later in the day so I don't have such a long stretch of time blocked off mid-day? Or do you think it won't be a problem to return 2 hours later after being called, if I show our reservations?
I don't think you'll have a problem showing up after your reservations. Just let the CM know that you had Oga's and DD scheduled and they will let you on.

I have another question about ADRs - I know that if your boarding group gets called during an ADR, you can just show them when you arrive late and they should let you on. What I'm wondering is how long that grace period lasts? I have back to back Oga's 11:15am and Droid Depot 12:05pm and we'd like to grab some quick actual food before those reservations, as well, because we probably won't eat much breakfast. So what happens if we are fortunate to get an AM boarding group and it gets called around 10:30am or 11am? Can we push our arrival time back to 12:30pm, or whenever we finish the Droids?

I actually was able to snag 3 different Oga's times for the same day when the massive extra hours dump happened, but the 11:15am is my favorite. I really like the idea of having a sugary drink after a quick lunch. (I promise that I will release the other two as soon as I finalize my schedule!) Should I plan to do Oga's later in the day so I don't have such a long stretch of time blocked off mid-day? Or do you think it won't be a problem to return 2 hours later after being called, if I show our reservations?
You can talk to the CMs at both Oga's and DD about the conflict. We had a conflict on 2 different days last week- one with DD and the other with Savi's. DD told us to go to Rise and then return- there was no way to get through the line there (even with our reservation) and build the droid before our return time expires, so that was what we did. Savi's we were told to stick to our appointment time there and go to Rise late. Again, that is what we did with no issue. Not sure about Oga's, but I would think keeping that reservation and then going to Rise would be the way it would work. Just ask a CM at either place- they know how best to handle it.

Merging your question with Rise of the Resistance *No Spoiler* thread.

There are a lot of experienced people on that thread who will be able to help you with your questions. Post 1 has help for trying to get a BG and practicing.

How you add people, I'm not positive but I'm sure someone else will be able to help you.

I was able to get a boarding group the 15th and the 17th at 7am from the patio of our hotel room at the Yacht Club. Our room faced the main courtyard. My husband tested the signal strength and said the signal strength wasn't significantly different between there and the boat launch (strongest). We used one phone to watch the countdown. Both days my phone won the race (Galaxy 9) but my son's random freebie was close. I opened the app a few minutes before but clicked on show room number which forced me to log in. Got Boarding group 1 the first day. Boarding group 2 the second day. Used the join, join, join method. We were all logged into the same account.

What was the boarding window timeframe for those early boarding groups?
It was early. During the first hour if I recall. We had time to ride Slinky, and Toy Story. We probably could have pushed it with Aliens but didn't.

Edited to add- We were at the front of the pack with SDD, so we got on it shortly before 9.

It was early. During the first hour if I recall. We had time to ride Slinky, and Toy Story. We probably could have pushed it with Aliens but didn't.

Edited to add- We were at the front of the pack with SDD, so we got on it shortly before 9.
Good to know. Thanks!

We got back last Sunday, and I just yesterday finally turned off my daily alarm set for 12:58 to practice for boarding groups :-). It was kind of a sad reminder every day that our first trip post -covid and first trip as DVC members is now over 😢. But it was fun and we rode twice, on both days that we ended up trying (I wrote about it earlier).
Just start planning another trip! 😃
Even if it has to be a year or two out... 😉

Quick question. We are going in Nov. and figured it was time to start practicing again. I see now that after the AT AT screen it now makes you select people. Will it only have the 4 people with reservations that day and I can hit select all. Or should I delete the rest of my friends and family who aren’t going to avoid hitting individual buttons

Quick question. We are going in Nov. and figured it was time to start practicing again. I see now that after the AT AT screen it now makes you select people. Will it only have the 4 people with reservations that day and I can hit select all. Or should I delete the rest of my friends and family who aren’t going to avoid hitting individual buttons
When practicing, you should simply select yourself. On the big day, all the members of your party will automatically be selected. No need to delete anyone.

Son is there today, and ride is down, and has been down, they are not boarding. He got a backup BG, 102, at the 1PM drop, but is not very hopeful he'll get on. I don't know if they've loaded any groups today.

Very easy to get a BG…don’t stress over it. Just make sure you have an accurate clock (ie. Time.gov) open on one device and someone to alert you 15 seconds or so before 0700. Once you get that alert click on “join virtual queue” and rapidly drag down to refresh until the join button pops up. Then click join, then entire party should be selected and keep clicking through. Make sure the night before that your entire travel party Is present on your mde app, the morning of is not the time to be figuring that out. Also make sure you have a decent internet connection with lowish ping and decent speed or you could get timed out (the reservations are gone
Within a few seconds)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter