Boarding Eurostar at Ashford

Dee8197

<font color=indigo>Those blinking rats get me ever
Can anyone give me any information on boarding the eurostar at Ashford?
Any information about parking would also be helpful. I was told by the car park booking people in Ashford that the indoor parking may not be suitable because we hav a "people carrier" ??? How far is the out door parking away from the terminal ? Also, exactly what does "checking in" on board Eurostar mean ? Do you get given your vouchers / passes etc on the train or do you still go to the hotel reception to get them when you arrive? Is your room allocated to you on the eurostar or do you have to get your room number when you arrive? Sorry to be so vague on this subject but have never travelled to DLP this way before:confused3 :scratchin

I'd like to know about the room allocation too.

Do the first to check in normally get the best placed rooms ?

::MinnieMo With regard to room allocation, and I would assume the process is the same for all of the Disney hotels. Take the letters that you received regarding your reservation. These contain all the necessary information. When you arrive at your hotel, go to reception and there you will find others lined up to check in. Your details will be checked and likely your passport needs producing. Meal tickets are issued as is your room "key" - resembles a plastic card - and all other necessary documentation including the park entry tickets. You will be given a map to assist with the location of your room. :wizard:

As for the best placed rooms. I know they allocate, in part, according to whether you have a car or not. Aside from that it would surely not matter a lot as to the placement of the room unless there is a specific need, in which case that should be outlined at time of booking, after all, there is much walking in the parks so a bit extra, depending on where room is shouldn't make that much difference. The idea is to go to DLP to have fun at the park, the opportunity to "stop the world I want to get off", not to be concerned with having the "best room in the house". The hotel is where you sleep, recall the day's events and have a meal. :flower:

Go, have fun! :sunny: :grouphug:

We've only ever used the indoor car park at Ashford - we're parked there for 5 full days and it costs £55.00 - you pay as you leave. I don't know where the outdoor car park is situated.

If you have Disney Express then you are given your Park Passes and vouchers for things like character breakfasts etc on the train. You're not allocated your room number until you check in at the hotel.

We travelled from Ashford last October, I can't see why you might have a problem with a people carrier in the indoor carpark, there was one parked next to us.
On the train DCM's come to you, you'll get your park passes, Buffalo Bill tickets, meal vouchers, etc. but not the hotel room key, all our documents were packed in a Disney hotel envelope, (the one with the map of the hotel on the back) and both building and room number were already filled in on there. Perhaps it depends who you booked with, we were with Leger.
If you've got the Disney Express service, then you can go straight into the parks and check in to your hotel later in the evening, the only problem that you might have with this is a lack of choice of breakfast times.

I was extremely impressed with the Eurostar/Disney service, everything was very straight forward and well organised.

Have a great trip. :flower:

Thanks for your help everyone. We have a good morning Fantasyland breakfast booked for three mornings of our stay, do we need to book a time slot for this breakfast or is a set time ?
icon5.gif

Anyone able to tell me what breakfast is like at the SL, and is there a good time to eat it ie earlier or later. We are staying there in July and guessing that we may need to eat early to beat the rush to the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter