BLT vs BC

DISFANSHAN

DIS Veteran
We are going for a week at the beginning of November. Already holding BLT 1BR standard (home resort). I've always wanted to try BC. Thinking of wait listing BC 1BR. We have stayed at BLT 3 times, can't beat walking to MK! That said, must be nice to walk to Epcot and HS as well! I know it's Food and Wine Festival, so BC wait list may not even clear. Can anyone sway me either way? Also, do you think we will be able to swim (Stormalong Bay is one reason we want to try BC!) at the beginning of November? Point totals for both stays are almost identical.

We do split stays at these whenever possible.

jade1, that's a great idea. You mean you do split stays at these 2 particular resorts?

As far as weather it is usually near 80 in early Nov and pool is usually useable. BCV room will not have any great view, will be smaller than BLT, and have only 1 bathroom. Walk to Epcot is easy, less than 1/4 mile. Walk to Studios is not so easy, a little more than a mile but very pleasant boat ride if you don't want to walk. Epcot area gives you easy access to a ton of restaurants and Cape May Cafe at Beach Club is an excellent buffet restaurant with its seafood buffet at dinner (it does not have characters at dinner). You are correct that if you wait list, there is quite a risk of not getting it, but there is always some chance.

I'm a BLT owner who is finally staying at BC this May :woohoo:! I'm also looking forward to trying the Stormalong Bay. I agree with the PP about swimming in Nov. I'm usually at BLT in November and swimming is not a problem weather-wise.

Yes, for a week, I would consider a split stay. I love swimming in SAB and walking to Epcot, and the Cape May atmosphere of BCV!

jade1, that's a great idea. You mean you do split stays at these 2 particular resorts?

Heck yea, concentrate on MK when at BLT and EPCOT/DHS while at BCV. Its the best IMO.

On moving day we monorail to EPCOT with a back pack of some important items-while Bell brings our bags to BCV, they arrive mid afternoon usually by the time our room is ready. Then we have lunch at EPCOT, grab a FP for TT and hit SAB until the room is ready.

You will totally be able to swim in November. It might get a little cooler in the evening, but certainly during the day. We even swam in mid December last year. (I live in S. Florida)

If you've done BLT, I say try BC. It's a gorgeous resort and such an easy walk to EPCOT. We had a great stay there.

Thanks everyone....I think we are going to shoot for the split stay! Wish me luck with availability at BC!

Split stays are the best. We are doing a split stay at BLT and BCV in October...4 nights at each...best of both worlds!

If you can get BCV, you are going to love it. EPCOT resorts are our favorite.

We own at BLT and BCV. It's really hard to decide which one so we will be doing split stays in the future. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter