BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

Hi All, We are staying at BLT right now (from July 5th to 16th). We were very lucky to recieve a 40% pin about 8 months ago and booked as quick as we could. We are staying in a dedicated 2 bedroom- Lake View.
I used this thread to help us make room requests. I followed the steps...and was sooooo happy when when the cast member at check in said "your room is ready and you are in room 8212". Yeah!!! High floor...check! Outer...check! View of the MK....CHECK!!!! It is amazing. I am sitting here staring at the castle and space mountain. It is an accessible room...but that does not bother us. The only thing that it is missing is a rainfall shower- but the pay off is the most amazing view (and at a lake view price!):love:

I will try to post pictures later.

Looks great!!! Is there a roll in shower in the room??? We will be staying in a 2BR Lakeview room with a roll in shower.. I cant wait to see more pictures of the room!!!!!!!!!!

well not exactly but there are ways for blt owners to exercise

their rights in getting their choices for a certain room. after

reading many responses here, and figuring out the best

requests for our room, it didn't take me long to figured out

how important this was going to be for our trip during christmas.

another value of this site is how poorly some of the rooms were

rated. [ reconditioned furniture thread.] some were able to get

their points refunded. which i think was a good measure.

for us, it isn't about the points, but how important this first

trip is. after our early problems, there is no way i am taking a

chance.

also we are not getting our mk view til' tuesday so most would

have already be ahead of us. and that's why we have been setting

up our requests prior so we get exactly what was promised to us,

in july of 09. [ we cx. our baltic cruise to buy @ blt, and this was

on the "table" .

this site has been an excellent guide to all the rooms so we know

where we want to be. :flower3:. i think the pictures are fun to look @.

and that's why we have been setting

up our requests prior so we get exactly what was promised to us,

in july of 09. [ we cx. our baltic cruise to buy @ blt, and this was

on the "table" .

They promised you a certain room/view when you bought in?!? I hate to tell you this, but I think you got fed a line. :surfweb:

maybe so, but that doesn't mean things cannot be done.

every problem has a solution. it just took a lil' time getting

connected to those who can make it come true. the rooms

listed here, gave us the insights we needed. the key is

not waiting til check-in day.

OK... Well, more power to you.
I figure some trips we get the room/view we wanted and some trips we don't.
I don't see this as a problem that needs a solution.
We had a fantastic room/view at BLT last trip and I was thrilled when I walked into the room, I didn't go into the trip expecting it to be handed to me. That is not how DVC works.
I don't expect to always have the fabulous room every trip and other DVC members don't. My points are equal to the points of my fellow DVC member.
I also don't think DVC really gives preferential treatment to just a few members, then again maybe I'm just naive?
I've had over 60 Disney vacations in my lifetime and I have not found a formula to securing a certain room/view.
Hope you don't end up disappointed down the road, but I think you might have been lead on when you bought in.
JMHO

i see your point. in fact, this was "in~deeds" discussed when we
first met the dvc. rep.. [ nor do i think other owners @ blt would
have overlooked your point either].

maybe because the "views" @ other resort do not determined the
required points? just recently, there was a thread about the
wlv, woods or dumpster, & the only factor is not getting the
dumpster view.

when i pondered, if the guide was misleading, isn't for me to
judge. the primary reference to us, he represented disney,
& why i think we won't be disappointed.

also a poster added their hc room pictures. right away there
are questions about getting that type of room. not for the need,
but for the views? [ what i think ]

for us, the number of points we brought @ blt was determined
by the view we wanted, not the room. however, as many
recognized here, some mk views were not even close to
those near the top. it is those "groups" of rooms that i feel the
owners should be offer first.

more power? knowledge is where it's @. i can't say enough good
things about this thread, because i used it to figured out the
things we needed to do. [ we feel very lucky to have figured these
things out prior to our check in. this is a vip issue, because we
planned on using our dvc @ blt 99% of the time. ]

fyi, when i read those thinking of buying blt, i would strongly recommend
reading here. & looking @ the pictures, :thumbsup2

i see your point. in fact, this was "in~deeds" discussed when we
first met the dvc. rep.. [ nor do i think other owners @ blt would
have overlooked your point either].

maybe because the "views" @ other resort do not determined the
required points? just recently, there was a thread about the
wlv, woods or dumpster, & the only factor is not getting the
dumpster view.

when i pondered, if the guide was misleading, isn't for me to
judge. the primary reference to us, he represented disney,
& why i think we won't be disappointed.

also a poster added their hc room pictures. right away there
are questions about getting that type of room. not for the need,
but for the views? [ what i think ]

for us, the number of points we brought @ blt was determined
by the view we wanted, not the room. however, as many
recognized here, some mk views were not even close to
owners should be offer first.

more power? knowledge is where it's @. i can't say enough good
things about this thread, because i used it to figured out the
things we needed to do. [ we feel very lucky to have figured these
things out prior to our check in. this is a vip issue, because we
planned on using our dvc @ blt 99% of the time. ]

fyi, when i read those thinking of buying blt, i would strongly recommend
reading here. & looking @ the pictures, :thumbsup2

True, BLT does have booking categories of theme park, lake and standard, BUT you can only REQUEST a specific room or location. They will tell you when you call your requests are noted, but not guaranteed. This is also on the confirmation you receive in the mail.

Over the years I've become more broad in my requests, but even still I'd say only 50% of the time they are granted. I don't even bother putting in requests at my two home resorts (BCV and VWL) anymore, because to be honest I don't really care so much at those resorts. They're small and the views don't differ that much. True, someone is gonna end up with the VWL dumpster view, but other than that not much difference.

Now unless your guide gave you a contract stating you would get the exact rooms you wanted each trip, I'm afraid what you thought was discussed is only that, a discussion. So, your DVC points are gonna pretty much be the same as the rest of ours. Welcome to our world. :goodvibes

As for the HA studio reference, I don't believe it was about the views they offered, but the fact that now those rooms actually offer a roll in shower and a tub. This is great, because we've been given a HA studio before in other DVC resorts and missed having the tub for the kids.

"some Mk views were not even close to
owners should be offer first."
This sounds great, but this is not how DVC works. Trust me! I would love for resort owners to get their request filled before others or even better requests be filled in the order in which they were received, but DVC does not work that way. I've called 11 months out when the phone lines opened to book and still got a less than desirable room at checkin. I'm just telling you how it works.

"this is a vip issue, because we
planned on using our dvc @ blt 99% of the time."
I hope you mean very important issue and not very important person. Just because you own there doesn't mean your requests become more important. Logically that would make sense, but it doesn't work that way. I'm sure the owners at all the other resorts would agree with me on this one. Just because I own at VWL doesn't mean I can't end up with the dumpster view. Points are points.

Now maybe you're some big sports star and you know you'll get whatever you want, but if you're like the majority of us your points are gonna be the same as the rest of ours, regardless of what you were told at buying. If it's not in the contract you are one of us. Maybe your guide will try to make that first stay magical, but after that I can safely bet he isn't gonna be checking your room each time you use your points.

Now all this said, I loved BLT and hope one day we can add on there. I, too would like to get first stab at booking the theme park room category. And I do agree with you, those bottom theme park view rooms shouldn't really be in that category. We had a lake view that actually had a view of the castle and I think after looking at this thread that they should reconsider some of the room categories. I think the lake view we had would be better than the bottom rooms in the front of the building.

Good luck! :thumbsup2

Care to share those 'solutions'??
I know that at BWV, you book a particular view..same as at BLT. But, I have yet to be able to get a particular villa.
I would love to know what you found here that has allowed you to believe you are going to be able to get a specific villa at BLT. I'm headed down for our first stay next month..have a MK view studio booked and would dearly love to know I'm getting a higher floor vs the 5th floor.

Hi Guys, I need some help. I must be blind!!! In viewing the charts on the front page, I am still trying to figure out room numbers for the inside Lake View 3 BDRM villas. TIA!!

Hi Guys, I need some help. I must be blind!!! In viewing the charts on the front page, I am still trying to figure out room numbers for the inside Lake View 3 BDRM villas. TIA!!

I don't think you are blind. All of the BLT Grand Villas are on the outer part of BLT's crescent. None of the Grand Villas face the pool on the inside part of the crescent. All BLT GVs have even-numbered room numbers.

I don't think you are blind. All of the BLT Grand Villas are on the outer part of BLT's crescent. None of the Grand Villas face the pool on the inside part of the crescent. All BLT GVs have even-numbered room numbers.

OH! OK... I get it now....the "Lake Views" are on the OUTSIDE curves....THX!!:thumbsup2

Great Information!!

I am checking in this week and not sure what would suit us best.
I have the Deluxe Studio Lake View reserved.

Is there anything special to recommend or is this a can't lose?
I looked at the pictures and there is not a bad look at all.

Is there a floor or room that I should request ? My son wants near the walkway to go easy to monorail.

any of the valued input is appreciated!

Great Information!!

I am checking in this week and not sure what would suit us best.
I have the Deluxe Studio Lake View reserved.

Is there anything special to recommend or is this a can't lose?
I looked at the pictures and there is not a bad look at all.

Is there a floor or room that I should request ? My son wants near the walkway to go easy to monorail.

any of the valued input is appreciated!

If your son would like to see the monorail from your villa, you should ask for a villa on the outer part of BLT's crescent. All of these villas have even numbered rooms. If you are on the South side of BLT, you'll see the Contemporary Resort and can watch the monorails enter and exit CR. If you are on the North side of BLT, I think you have virtually no view of the monorail, but you'll be able to see MK and the fireworks.

Personally, I prefer a high floor. I know several people have wondered whether its more convenient being on the fifth floor, which is the same floor as the walkway to the CR. However, when we stayed at BLT in March, we had no problems getting timely access to an elevator.

Enjoy your stay at BLT!! Our next visit isn't until the end of September when we are doing a split stay between BLT and BWV.

Studio LV #8438, from two nights last week:

From inside:
113_0192.jpg

Left:
113_0194.jpg

Straight:
113_0193.jpg

Hard Right: (loved this!)
113_0211.jpg

Right zoomed X3:
113_0198.jpg

Room was in excellent condition although noted that the couch cushions were tearing on the underside where a hand would grab them to pull off/put back. Even loved the Ikea style furnishings and man does that kitchenette have a ton of storage space! If only we could figure out how to move the vanity sink around to the bathroom. :rotfl:

I'm very happy to say, We will be back.

I like the view, thanks for posting. I think that view is better than the MK view. Was the 1 bdrm to your left or right?
Thanks

The door connecting to the one bedroom was on the right as you enter the room. I'm always out on the balcony if the weather is nice enough. I think the MK views would be pretty boring in comparison without the pools, boats and workers. We made no requests, my thought is that all LV rooms have great views, but now that we've experienced this one I think I might try for it or one of it's neighbors again. ;)

Hi All,
We just arrived home from our fantastic trip to the BLT for 12 nights! We had a terrific time and a terrific room.
As I posted before....we had a LV 2 bedroom dedicated...room 8212.

This is the view from the 2nd bedroom: (Looking left)

P1000925.jpg

View from the 2nd bedroom: (Looking just a bit left)

P1000924.jpg

View from the living room:

P1000935.jpg

View from the master bedroom: (ahead)

P1000923.jpg

View from master bedrom: (looking right)

P1000922.jpg

Hi All,
We just arrived home from our fantastic trip to the BLT for 12 nights! We had a terrific time and a terrific room.
As I posted before....we had a LV 2 bedroom dedicated...room 8212.

Thanks for the great pictures! I have that 8212 is a handicapped accessible room without a walk-in shower in the master bathroom. Is that correct?

JoAnne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter