BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

View from Standard view 7211

3817158137_8895d71a2a.jpg

I also found some info on room 7437 – Studio, Lake View, 4th floor, South side, view of the pool and lake (from the balcony looking slightly right). It does look from the photos that the room would look directly across to the north side inner villas.

Here are some photos:

http://gallery.me.com/drowells#100097

Great thread!! We stayed at BLT this weekend, so I'll post our room specifics and pictures once I get them uploaded.

I also found some info on room 7409 – Studio, Lake View, 4th floor, South side, faced the pool, right above the shuffle board courts

I'm confused about the location of room 7409. You say it is on the South side, and the photos look like they were taken from the inner part of the South side of BLT's crescent. However, your map of rooms in your OP indicate that the xx09 rooms are on the north side of the crescent (which makes sense because the even numbered rooms start on the north side). Am I directionally challenged???

I was in room 7842 - 8th floor one bedroom lake view overlooking the CR marina. It was the next to the last room on the south side. I could see the fireworks from Illuminations, the CR tower, the entire CR pool and marina area, WL, most of Bay Lake (even the remains of River Country), the TTC and monorails, and in the distance I could see Expedition Everest, Spaceship Earth, the Dolphin, and the Characters in Flight balloon going up and down all day. It was a great view. I had specifically requested an upper floor marina view, and that's what I received.

I'm confused about the location of room 7409. You say it is on the South side, and the photos look like they were taken from the inner part of the South side of BLT's crescent. However, your map of rooms in your OP indicate that the xx09 rooms are on the north side of the crescent (which makes sense because the even numbered rooms start on the north side). Am I directionally challenged???

Look at the map again, I used the format from the other thread, 7409 is shown on the north side. The map with the inner villas is shown as if you were standing in the pool and looking at the rooms. In that case north is on your right. I thought about flipping the map with north always on the left, but I thought it would be better to stay consistent with the other thread...

I also found some info on room 7409 – Studio, Lake View, 4th floor, South side, faced the pool, right above the shuffle board courts

Here are some photos:

http://gallery.me.com/drowells#100097

Look at the map again, I used the format from the other thread, 7409 is shown on the north side. The map with the inner villas is shown as if you were standing in the pool and looking at the rooms. In that case north is on your right. I thought about flipping the map with north always on the left, but I thought it would be better to stay consistent with the other thread...

I understand where wdrl is coming from. Your map makes sense, however your original post regarding room 7409 states that the room was on the south side. The photos appear to looking to the north rooms. :confused3 I would think 7409 would be on the northside looking south (the building would be to the camera's right side) but the photos do not match up (it's shows the building on the camera's left side).....? Is there any chance the room number is wrong for those photos, as I really think you have the room numbering correct as far as placement on your map?

I understand where wdrl is coming from. Your map makes sense, however your original post regarding room 7409 states that the room was on the south side. The photos appear to looking to the north rooms. :confused3 I would think 7409 would be on the northside looking south (the building would be to the camera's right side) but the photos do not match up (it's shows the building on the camera's left side).....? Is there any chance the room number is wrong for those photos, as I really think you have the room numbering correct as far as placement on your map?

OK, I get the problem! Let me take a look and see what the problem is. I will be back shortly!

OK! Good catch, I did make a mistake. The room number tied to those photos is 7437 and it is on the south side. I have corrected the post, thanks for your help!

I will add rooms XX37 to the next map updates, only studio on the south section of the inner villas maps.

We are booked for a standard view dedicated 2 bedroom in Feb (renting points). The dvc member that booked it for me requested 8th floor (thanks Donna). I figured it would have a view of the contemporary or a parking lot or something. Is that an impossibility? Oddly, the dvc rep did not have any reaction to that and just took the reservation. So, what I am wondering is why we think that standard view is only first and second floor rooms? Very curious to see what rooms are assigned to "standard view" people in the coming months. The shuffleboard view would be fine with me but I would love to get a little higher up.

Thanks

Lauren

We are booked for a standard view dedicated 2 bedroom in Feb (renting points). The dvc member that booked it for me requested 8th floor (thanks Donna). I figured it would have a view of the contemporary or a parking lot or something. Is that an impossibility? Oddly, the dvc rep did not have any reaction to that and just took the reservation. So, what I am wondering is why we think that standard view is only first and second floor rooms? Very curious to see what rooms are assigned to "standard view" people in the coming months. The shuffleboard view would be fine with me but I would love to get a little higher up.

Thanks

Lauren

Most of the information to date has been based on discussions that members have had with their guides. When I purchased BLT I was told that there would be approximately 10% standard view, 20% MK view and 70% lake view. So far, the only people that have reported booking and staying in a standard view room have been on the first 2 floors.

Oh -- that makes more sense if there are only 10% standard rooms. I can live with a first or second floor room so I guess I will keep my reservation as is -- and keep watching this post to see where people with standard views are being placed. Thanks for your work on this thread!

Thanks

Lauren

My guide shared with me that the SV rooms, he was told, will be the lower floors, 1st and 2nd. It might be possible when the member put in the floor request for you, BLT was not open and many CM's at MS had no idea (and probably still don't) what rooms would be what views.

Now, that is not to say that adjustments might not be made as people stay and share info about the views. For example, we had a LV room, but our room (since we were on the outer side and the north end) had a view of MK and we had a perfect view of the fireworks. To me, it was as good as the view I had in the past staying in a MK tower room at CR.

Just returned from BLT - studio room 8140, 11th Floor. Excellent southern view of EPCOT, contemporary marina, contemporary, and seven seas lagoon, with Grand Floridian in the distance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter