BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

Yes, that is where we were. If you look at the diagram, the studio lock off that has "16A" in it is the room we were in as the only thing on our side of the hallway left was the 1 bedroom lock off next door.

We did have what appeared to be 2 bedroom dedicated across the hall from us.

Sandi- I was a little confused when I looked at 16A, it looked to me like if you were in the studio, then there would have been two rooms to the left of you (if you are standing facing the door to the studio you were in, they would be to your right!). The one next door would be the 1 BR lockoff and there would be one to the right of that one that would be a dedicated 2 BR. Is that correct? I was thinking there would have been room 8204(1 BR) and 8202 (2 BR D).

JoAnne

I checked the map that was posted, and it does say that the first room on the floor is XX02, so if you were in 8206, 8204 and 8202 should have been to the right of you when standing in front of your door. From the drawing of 16A, it looks as though the door to 8202 was pretty close to the door for the stairwell.

I booked BLT today bright and early. Was thrilled to get a lakeview 1-bedroom but wonder what they will make of my request... I am terrified of heights and asked for "5th floor or lower" (as member is nutty) and the CM wrote it down for me. I had no idea that many of those rooms would actually be STANDARD VIEW.

I went to the BLT sales meeting and tour TWICE in July and I have to say those "partial lake/partial MK views" sound wonderful because BOTH views are so cool and with those side rooms you will get a bit of both. From the roof deck you can see BOTH ways... Off the front to the MK and thru some windows they have added in the back of that deck(where there is a wall) so you can see the lake. Also, the photos here from 8th floor looked wonderful.. From up higher you see not only the Castle but lots of (ugly) flat roofs... from Tomorrowland/Fantasyland I think... and the slightly lower angle view sort of took care of that. I believe think ANY room at BLT is going to be fabulous... There is nothing like staying in a new DVC resort for the first time!

Thanks for the graphics layout; It will be interesting to see how the views evolve as you get more reports and if rooms change “classification” as members complain and CM realize that some rooms that were LV are actually Mk view to replace the complaint rooms (especially the lower floor MK views).

bookwormde

Sandi- I was a little confused when I looked at 16A, it looked to me like if you were in the studio, then there would have been two rooms to the left of you (if you are standing facing the door to the studio you were in, they would be to your right!). The one next door would be the 1 BR lockoff and there would be one to the right of that one that would be a dedicated 2 BR. Is that correct? I was thinking there would have been room 8204(1 BR) and 8202 (2 BR D).

JoAnne

It is possible that is the way that it was. I know that #8204 door and our door were right next to each other. I thought that was the last door, but of course, I could be wrong. There may have been another room on the other side of it whose door is at the end of the hallway. I should have taken pictures. From the maps that have been done (THANKS!!) it seems that there is a #XX02 room so I must have missed it!!

That map is so thorough, it's confusing! :thumbsup2

You should have seen the first one that I made when I thought i would just put everything on one map using different font colors for the different views! It was making my head hurt so I opted for the two maps...

You should have seen the first one that I made when I thought i would just put everything on one map using different font colors for the different views! It was making my head hurt so I opted for the two maps...

I liked the current multiple map breakout! Thanks for putting this together, and I'll contribute if you need my info. by then. We are checking into a LV studio on Nov. 29th, MK view studio Jan. 30, and my parents are joining us on that trip in a SV studio on Feb. 1!

Just got back. Had room 7911, 1 bdr. villa, Bay Lake View. Had a view of the pool, lake, & Epcot. LOVED my view!!!

Will post pics as soon as I unpack & upload!!

Just got back. Had room 7911, 1 bdr. villa, Bay Lake View. Had a view of the pool, lake, & Epcot. LOVED my view!!!

Will post pics as soon as I unpack & upload!!

Cool! You helped me determine where the XX11 rooms are on the maps. I will update them shortly with your info!

Why do they number the rooms this way? What is wrong with the first number being the floor number?

wow, thanks. i am surprised to find that so many lake view rooms can view the magic kingdom. those are beautiful views.:goodvibes

I think a read on another thread that they are tied into the numbering at the Contemporary Resort.
The first digit refers to which building at CR/BLT it is. The numbering is that way at CR, also. Ditto for the Garden Wing.

We'll be checking in at BLT next Saturday (8-22) with a lake view. I'll let you know room number and what we can see.

We'll be checking in at BLT next Saturday (8-22) with a lake view. I'll let you know room number and what we can see.

Awesome! We will be checking in on Friday for a long weekend, just a standard studio. A very last minute trip that we booked in July. We were surprised there was any availability at BLT, so I won't complain if we have a view of the parking lot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter