• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

Hi! I looked at the map, and part of why it can be confusing is because the building is shaped like a crescent roll and the map is FLAT, so visualizing it can be a little hard. Furthermore, the lake ITSELF curves around the building at the one end, away from the Contemporary and toward the MK -- I guess it's north -- so some "outer" rooms are actually Lake View when you wouldn't think they would be. Try to visualize the building like a big horseshoe, with the inside opening facing out across a courtyard and the pool and toward the lake. Those rooms all face toward the lake, but depending on where you are ON the horseshoe, some actually look across at other ROOMS, and you can see out over the lake by looking to one side. This is easier to do on higher floors. Outer rooms will face more toward the Contemporary (I love that view as at night it's like a giant, lit-up Xmas tree), straight out over parking lot and toward the MK (really cool when fireworks happen) or toward the tail end of the lake up past Space Mountain. My favorites are the outer rooms that look out toward the lake/Contemporary end (I think it's south). I love looking out over that beautiful lake at night and I remember one visit we would always see the little pack of ducks who sleep each night on the deck of the round quiet pool adjacent to the Contemp marina, settling in for the evening. I also like that end because it's really convenient to the elevated walkway that connects you to the Contemporary Concourse. When we have had "inside" rooms though, it was fun to watch the goings-on in the courtyard. And remember, no matter what your room view is, you can see the EWP from the elevated walkway and you can see the MK from there also. And the elevator bays at EACH end of the building have MAGICAL views, especially since I think the roof is still closed? You can ride up to the 13th floor and look out for amazing views no matter what room is yours. Hopes this helps a bit! Good luck getting into your room early also.

the funny thing is, when i booked, i went through all of this - figuring out which room to request, odd/even/high/low/north/south...

and then we arrived at the resort at 6 AM and they actually had a room available at that ungodly hour.
And you know what? I took it despite the fact it was on a low floor, in the wrong building and barely facing the lake....we had to lean out of the balcony to see the lake in our lake view room..

but we got a room at 6 am when we got to the resort from the airport....how amazing is that!!!

My question is, and what I'm confused by, what views do you have from the Outer Villas vs. the Inner Villas?

I've had people recommend the North view, even numbers, and others say the South view, even numbers.

Even number rooms are on the outside (and bigger) and odd room numbers on the inside (and a bit smaller). North side even numbers will get you a MK view but not EWP view. Odd numbers should all have an EWP view, better view from center. South even numbers would have a potential EWP view as well.

Hope that helps!

We were just in 7234 (2nd floor, south side, even number just after the elevator bank)... we could see the EWP nightly though some night we could not see the last float (s) based on where it pulled up which I think is actually the night i took photos below...

we could watch it at the WL stop at 9:10 and the BLT/contemporary stop at 9:50..this was a photo from the 9:50 viewing one night...

79877CB1-B7E7-4349-890F-6BA7AF888BFC.jpeg

this was taken at the patio / beach area just between our room and the contemporary...we happened upon this walking home one

1BC74052-526B-4442-83AF-DD2E7FCB84E0.jpeg

we have stayed in this stack of rooms before and we enjoy it - the monorail is also visible. With no MK fireworks - that view was not as important for us this trip.

Just returned (5/2) from BLT in a 2 bedroom dedicated. We were in 7344 and loved it! I requested high floor even number (I stayed in a north facing even number previously and it was great too but without fireworks was not as concerned). I was initially disappointed in the low floor (3rd) but it ended up being just fine. Enjoyed the view of the lake and contemporary - plus the water pageant. And the stairs were so convenient for getting to floor 1 or floor 5 for the walk to the hotel. After spending some time at the Boardwalk earlier in the trip where the hallway walk to the room was long - we were very happy with the location at BLT.
Let me know if you have any additional questions.

After spending some time at the Boardwalk earlier in the trip where the hallway walk to the room was long - we were very happy with the location at BLT.

We use the stairs a lot at BWV. They're all over and most are both entry and exit with a room "key" although not all.

Just returned (5/2) from BLT in a 2 bedroom dedicated. We were in 7344 and loved it! I requested high floor even number (I stayed in a north facing even number previously and it was great too but without fireworks was not as concerned). I was initially disappointed in the low floor (3rd) but it ended up being just fine. Enjoyed the view of the lake and contemporary - plus the water pageant. And the stairs were so convenient for getting to floor 1 or floor 5 for the walk to the hotel. After spending some time at the Boardwalk earlier in the trip where the hallway walk to the room was long - we were very happy with the location at BLT.

This helps a lot. I was thinking the south view might be best. It sounds as if you were near the stairs. Is the elevator close also? Do you happen to have a photo of your view?

Was this considered a “Lake View”?

This helps a lot. I was thinking the south view might be best. It sounds as if you were near the stairs. Is the elevator close also? Do you happen to have a photo of your view?

Yes, stairs that lead out to the pool and stairs that led to the front for busses or a walk to the contemporary. Either led to the 5th floor walkway to the contemp.
Somehow, I did not take a picture of the view from this room. Total fail.

Planning on going 10/16-23/2021; 12 of us reserved 2 lake view 2 bedroom units.
First time my niece has done the reservations since my sister ( DVC Member) was ill and unable to. I don't think my niece made any special requests. I just requested the units be close to one another, but I'm not sure that's possible.
Any suggestions? Myself & 3 of our nieces are Associate DVC Members. Should we just take our chances or are their certain LV 2 bedroom units we should try to get? I looked at the map and am totally clueless. Is it better to have a unit/units on an upper floor? We will have 4 children in one unit ages 5-12. ( with their parents & grandparents)
Not enough points for a MK view and to many of us for the Grand Villa this trip so opted for the LV 2 bedroom units ( 2 units under 2 separate names)

As a side note my sister passed away after reservations had been made due to complications from Covid19.😥 Disney was kind enough to allow us to use the points as she had willed them over to 3 of our nieces. This trip is being made in her memory. She was a member since 2010 and we made at least 3 memorable vacations after she joined. It would give her such joy that our great nephew, age 10 has displayed a great interest in the planning. Another " Mickey" lover in the making.😉😍

First time my niece has done the reservations since my sister ( DVC Member) was ill and unable to. I don't think my niece made any special requests. I just requested the units be close to one another, but I'm not sure that's possible.
Any suggestions? Myself & 3 of our nieces are Associate DVC Members. Should we just take our chances or are their certain LV 2 bedroom units we should try to get? I looked at the map and am totally clueless. Is it better to have a unit/units on an upper floor? We will have 4 children in one unit ages 5-12. ( with their parents & grandparents)
Not enough points for a MK view and to many of us for the Grand Villa this trip so opted for the LV 2 bedroom units ( 2 units under 2 separate names)

As a side note my sister passed away after reservations had been made due to complications from Covid19.😥 Disney was kind enough to allow us to use the points as she had willed them over to 3 of our nieces. This trip is being made in her memory. She was a member since 2010 and we made at least 3 memorable vacations after she joined. It would give her such joy that our great nephew, age 10 has displayed a great interest in the planning. Another " Mickey" lover in the making.😉😍
Sorry for your loss… hope that trip goes well and her memory stays always in your hearts.
I’m not certain of 2 Br adjoining are possible but it is likely that you can be put in the same floor.

Sorry for your loss.

Email or call, have both reservation numbers handy. Ask them to add "traveling with" to each reservation and what I do is just request we be put on the same floor.

so sorry about your sister.....that's so sad....given that she was a DVC owner, it's clear that the family traveling to disney world together in her memory is exactly what she would have wanted!!!

as for what to ask for? i'm clueless about that too!!

i hope you all have a magical time!!!

Hi All,

We have ressies for the end of Sept thru Early Oct - I've called into DVC twice to ask for North Tower/Even room #/ High floor and both time was told they don't take requests anymore and the options online are it. Has anyone else had the same response? Is there another way to make the request ?

Any other time we;'ve stayed we just took whatever was given to us- just curious cause it sound like people still manage to make the requests...

Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter