BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

so the person I am renting points from would have that as an option?
what would be the better choice to get a partial view of the magic kingdom if we have a little bit of luck, a dedicated 2 bedroom lake view or a 2bedroom lock off lake view?
I’m my opinion, you need an xx08 or xx12 room to get a partial Magic Kingdom vote. If I’m counting correctly, there are 3 dedicated and 13 lockoff two-bedrooms that fit that criteria. Odds would be higher with a lockoff, but not particularly likely overall.

I guess I wasn't sure at that time of booking for the DVC member if they had both options, or if they just booked a 2 bedroom and give you what ever. I see that there looks to be way more lock off 2bedrooms lake views then dedicated rooms.
I am just trying to get all my ducks in a row when it comes time to book, cause I want to let the person know I am renting from what we are looking for.
So I would try to get a 2bedroom lock off room.

As long as you don't need 2 beds in the second bedroom that works. Since lock-offs are made up of a studio and a 1BR there are a few times during the year that studios book up quickly so it's possible it might not be an option. A bit unlikely but if they were gone by the time the owner attempted to book for you then you might have to do the dedicated 2BR.

As long as you don't need 2 beds in the second bedroom that works. Since lock-offs are made up of a studio and a 1BR there are a few times during the year that studios book up quickly so it's possible it might not be an option. A bit unlikely but if they were gone by the time the owner attempted to book for you then you might have to do the dedicated 2BR.
Thank you, we don't really need 2 beds. a queen bed and pull out sofa is fine.

It's been 5 years since we stayed at BLT and I remember this thread! We've booked another 2 bedroom suite with MKV for our upcoming December trip. I already requested a high floor but wondering if I should change it. I'm dreading getting one that ends in 30 from the research I've done. Will they accept a request of "similar in view to 8116"?

Last edited:
We just returned from a week at BLT. Upon check in, I inquired about our room request. I used Touring Plans room request fax service for room 8212 (or something similar). The front desk staff informed me that it would be impossible to get that room as 8212 is not a dedicated 2 bedroom, but in fact is a 1 bedroom (maybe a lock off)? They even showed me a color coded map and 8212 was not considered a 2 bedroom... I was kind of confused about it. We ended up with 8129 (facing pool/lake). It was nice and all, but I could have sworn from everything I've read that 8212 was a 2 bedroom. Anyone have any info on this? Also, I have room view pics, but not sure if we can post them here. Will probably put them on touring plans.

We just returned from a week at BLT. Upon check in, I inquired about our room request. I used Touring Plans room request fax service for room 8212 (or something similar). The front desk staff informed me that it would be impossible to get that room as 8212 is not a dedicated 2 bedroom, but in fact is a 1 bedroom (maybe a lock off)? They even showed me a color coded map and 8212 was not considered a 2 bedroom... I was kind of confused about it. We ended up with 8129 (facing pool/lake). It was nice and all, but I could have sworn from everything I've read that 8212 was a 2 bedroom. Anyone have any info on this? Also, I have room view pics, but not sure if we can post them here. Will probably put them on touring plans.
Was there an 8214 on their map? Everything I’ve seen shows 8212 as a dedicated two bedroom.

Was there an 8214 on their map? Everything I’ve seen shows 8212 as a dedicated two bedroom.
I didn't even look for a 8214, I was so confused! He basically said I couldn't get my faxed request (from touring plans) because the request did not match the room at all (location- north facing, 2 BR, etc). I was confused...

599FF563-987D-4D4E-A6E8-927167CBA408.jpeg
Kept a copy of this chart someone did awhile back so hope it helps

Noticed that too...are they now saying at BLT front desk that all the rooms ending in 12 are 1 BD?
He said the only 2 BR on that side were '02'. I guess I could have asked to speak to someone else, but didn't feel like it was worth all that. I guess what was really confusing was that he said my fax request from touring plans did not match the room at all... (N facing, etc)

He said the only 2 BR on that side were '02'. I guess I could have asked to speak to someone else, but didn't feel like it was worth all that. I guess what was really confusing was that he said my fax request from touring plans did not match the room at all... (N facing, etc)
I reposted the room layouts in https://www.disboards.com/threads/b...t-1-10-21-2015.2257082/page-144#post-57919946

XX12 rooms are kickoffs in other floors, but should be dedicated for 8212. I imagine the CM simply didn’t know. That reservation on has been confirmed at a dedicated two bedroom in https://www.disboards.com/threads/b...st-1-10-21-2015.2257082/page-53#post-37439010.

I'm going in a lake view 1 bed and working on the assumption that the simpler the request, the more likely it is to be fulfilled, I just requested 'High Floor'. What's the worst that could happen (if they give me high floor?)

I reposted the room layouts in https://www.disboards.com/threads/b...t-1-10-21-2015.2257082/page-144#post-57919946

XX12 rooms are kickoffs in other floors, but should be dedicated for 8212. I imagine the CM simply didn’t know. That reservation on has been confirmed at a dedicated two bedroom in https://www.disboards.com/threads/b...st-1-10-21-2015.2257082/page-53#post-37439010.
Unless maybe they changed the rooms ending in '12' to theme park view and that's why we couldn't get it? (Or like you said, the CM just didn't know). He kept saying the only two bedroom lake views were the ones ending in '02'.

I'm going in a lake view 1 bed and working on the assumption that the simpler the request, the more likely it is to be fulfilled, I just requested 'High Floor'. What's the worst that could happen (if they give me high floor?)

Unless maybe they changed the rooms ending in '12' to theme park view and that's why we couldn't get it? (Or like you said, the CM just didn't know). He kept saying the only two bedroom lake views were the ones ending in '02'.

A couple years ago we made specific room number request in the outer north tower and got inner tower so now we just make a request for north tower, even number, high floor and have gotten the view we wanted which is partial lake partial MK. We were told if you make a specific room number request and it’s not available they place you wherever in your view category(we do lake view and find the outer villa rooms slightly bigger)

just ask for north side even number rooms - I like the outer villa (standard and lake view - not MK) because they are generally in a more private area - not facing each other (odd number) or the monorail (MK views)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!