BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

I have thought about this also. If I was ever going to need two rooms and wanted to be together at BLT I would probably book one MKV and one LV and ask that they be close. Though not guaranteed, you could have a chance of being across the hall from each other.
I totally don't mind being aross the hall. I just would hate for us to be on different floors. However, I know that no request is a guarantee, it is in fact, a request :) We have booked LV, so I'm not sure that's even a possibility. We will have to see!

Noticing these categories are slightly different than the touring plans room finder. Specifically, TP shows Standard View rooms above the 5th Floor. Anyone know if that is the case?

Noticing these categories are slightly different than the touring plans room finder. Specifically, TP shows Standard View rooms above the 5th Floor. Anyone know if that is the case?

this one is kept up to date. a few years ago DVC changed some MK views to standard views because a MK view was suppose to be 75% MK views - these rooms were 75% parking lot view.

Does everyone call to put in the room request (2 BR dedicated- looking for even number room, north tower, high floor)? When I look at the reservation on the DVC website it only gives me request options for 3 things- high floor, low floor, near elevator. I don't see any way to put in for north tower or even number room.

Also, anyone have any incite into when the actual room assignments are made? A month before, a week before, day of??? Thanks

Does everyone call to put in the room request (2 BR dedicated- looking for even number room, north tower, high floor)? When I look at the reservation on the DVC website it only gives me request options for 3 things- high floor, low floor, near elevator. I don't see any way to put in for north tower or even number room.

Also, anyone have any incite into when the actual room assignments are made? A month before, a week before, day of??? Thanks

Yes, put in your requests with MS. You can call them, send a message or I believe Chat can also add requests.

Rooms assignments are reported to be done somewhere in the 5-7 day range ahead of check in.

I always call the CM's to put in my request as you are right...online doesn't give the options we both look for in our request. Though I agree the actual room assignments aren't done until 7-10 days prior, I do call at least 30 days in advance just in case they do a first come first served order on filling room request.

What's a good request to have to see the New Year's Eve fireworks from a Theme Park View One-Bedroom villa room?

:rolleyes1:rolleyes1Hi! Thread is AWESOME BTW!!!

We are looking to book next year August 2018 for 2 weeks. Since points have jumped in # for rooms we are looking to get the most bang for our buck! My question is 1. is there any standard view high floor with a view of MK? 2. What would be better to request is (we are looking to get as much of a view w/o paying all those points for the park view) - a even #'d high floor North Tower or a standard view? We booked a 2 bedroom MK view for 2 weeks in 2015 and it was at least 80 points less at the same time of year too!
We are DVC members but only go every 2-3 years. Really appreciate your help!:dumbo:

We are looking to book next year August 2018 for 2 weeks. Since points have jumped in # for rooms we are looking to get the most bang for our buck! My question is 1. is there any standard view high floor with a view of MK? 2. What would be better to request is (we are looking to get as much of a view w/o paying all those points for the park view) - a even #'d high floor North Tower or a standard view? We booked a 2 bedroom MK view for 2 weeks in 2015 and it was at least 80 points less at the same time of year too!
We are DVC members but only go every 2-3 years. Really appreciate your help!:dumbo:
Points don't change like that. You just have booked in a different season last time.

There are no standard view rooms above the fifth floor. If you want a MK view in a standard, you're going to get mostly parking lot views.

I'm guessing that the most requested standard views are the north side and as high of floor as possible (which as snoop mentioned the standards don't go above the 5th floor). But that would be the best request to hopefully to see some of MK just not guaranteed like an MK view room, and not as good of view.

We have a dedicated 2 bed standard view booked for a trip in August. Whilst I would have loved a theme park view I didn't have enough points. I added a request to be in the MK side as at least then we might get a partial view...but looking at the room breakdown in the first post are there really only 4 dedicated sv on the other side?

We have a dedicated 2 bed standard view booked for a trip in August. Whilst I would have loved a theme park view I didn't have enough points. I added a request to be in the MK side as at least then we might get a partial view...but looking at the room breakdown in the first post are there really only 4 dedicated sv on the other side?

I'm not certain there is even that. It looks like people report the dedicated on lower floors at the end of the building that are normally standard view are used as lakeview. So 1, maybe 2 standard view.

I'm not certain there is even that. It looks like people report the dedicated on lower floors at the end of the building that are normally standard view are used as lakeview. So 1, maybe 2 standard view.

I'm hoping this increases my chances of being MK side :)

I'd love for the children to see the monorail etc even if that is also accompanied by a lot of parking lot :)

I'm hoping this increases my chances of being MK side :)

I'd love for the children to see the monorail etc even if that is also accompanied by a lot of parking lot :)
Good luck, hope you get what you want!

We are the opposite- booked SV for August too and hoping for pool/courtyard view. Was going to request odd number, not first floor.

So just booked a last minute (33 days!) trip (thanks SWA!) and have a BLT Lake View studio. This thread has been incredibly helpful - thanks to all who contributed and work2play for its maintenance.

Great job on this thread. Looking at it I am now even more confused on what rooms to try and request. Thank you.

What room requests would be best for a MK view studio that has clear views of both MK and the GF? I'm going to request floors 8 or higher. What else should I add?

What room requests would be best for a MK view studio that has clear views of both MK and the GF? I'm going to request floors 8 or higher. What else should I add?
What category are you booked in? Any "theme park view" room should meet your request. I'd just request "high floor." If you have a lake or standard view, that changes things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter