BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

Great board! We will be going to BLT for our first stay at our "home" resort as DVC members in May and I just love looking through all these pictures and posts! What a great community to be able to get information from everyone! Thank you all:mickeyjum

We were in room 8132 the past week. There are already pictures of the view on here, but I wanted to add you could see spaceship earth, characters in flight, Everest, swan/ dolphin and what I believe was Tower of Terror, the GF, wilderness lodge (and cooper creek- at least I think that's what it was) and if you leaned a little you could see Splah mountain. I'll upload a picture tomorrow.
It was our 2nd stay with dvc (bwv was the first stay) and both times our room has been ready by the time we arrived (around 11am)

Great thread! Can I just check a couple of things as it's our first visit!

We have a 2 bed dedicated Lake View booked for September.
As we are renting points, does the DVC member have to make any room requests or can we do that directly?

If we want to try for the coveted MK views from a LV room, are these the two bed options;
Would it be rude to ask for any of those rooms specifically? Of course I understand it's just a request and in no way guaranteed...but worth a try?
Thank you!

Great thread! Can I just check a couple of things as it's our first visit!

We have a 2 bed dedicated Lake View booked for September.
As we are renting points, does the DVC member have to make any room requests or can we do that directly?

If we want to try for the coveted MK views from a LV room, are these the two bed options;
Would it be rude to ask for any of those rooms specifically? Of course I understand it's just a request and in no way guaranteed...but worth a try?
Thank you!

I would NOT give specific room numbers.....we have been extremely lucky putting in a request for north tower, even number, high floor. (We are DVC owners and always get a 1 BD) The year we did give specific room numbers we did NOT get our request and got put in the inner "c" facing the pool....and I do believe since you are renting points the owner will have to request.

Since standard view rooms are on floors 1-5 is there any room request that I should note on my reservation?

No preference, aren't all the std views decent?
I'm sorry; I guess I don't understand your question. Room requests are typically a personal preference. If you have no preferences, then we can't really suggest a room request.

Have you reviewed the photos from the first post for your room type? Some folks find the inside rooms to be more private on the ground level. Others want a chance at a Magic Kingdom view. Some people want to watch the monorail go past, and others may want to see the lake. It's a small resort, so you're never far from an elevator. Unless you're spending a lot of time at Epcot or the other MK resorts, being on the level with the walkway isn't really necessary.

What are your specific preferences, and we can advise you on how to form a request to get a better chance at those.

I'm sorry; I guess I don't understand your question. Room requests are typically a personal preference. If you have no preferences, then we can't really suggest a room request.

Have you reviewed the photos from the first post for your room type? Some folks find the inside rooms to be more private on the ground level. Others want a chance at a Magic Kingdom view. Some people want to watch the monorail go past, and others may want to see the lake. It's a small resort, so you're never far from an elevator. Unless you're spending a lot of time at Epcot or the other MK resorts, being on the level with the walkway isn't really necessary.

What are your specific preferences, and we can advise you on how to form a request to get a better chance at those.
I wouldn't mind getting a Magic Kingdom view or Monorail view. Would I request a certain room # range ?

I wouldn't mind getting a Magic Kingdom view or Monorail view. Would I request a certain room # range ?
To have a chance of seeing the MK or Monorail, you would need to be in an Even Numbered room. There are two elevators in BLT: the North Elevator is towards the MK, while the South Elevator is towards the Contemporary.

To have a chance of seeing the MK or Monorail, you would need to be in an Even Numbered room. There are two elevators in BLT: the North Elevator is towards the MK, while the South Elevator is towards the Contemporary.
Thanks, so I will request an "Even Numbered" room with MS along with elevator location

My family and I have rented 3 BLT Lake view studios coming up in September and of course, we all want our rooms close together (I know there are no connecting studios). Other than stating that we want our rooms close together or beside each other, what else would everyone recommend to increase our chances of our rooms being close together? Anyone else have experience with this type of request at BLT? My only other experience with multiple rooms was at CBR and POP. Both times we had 2 connecting rooms and had called up and had our reservations linked.

TIA!

My family and I have rented 3 BLT Lake view studios coming up in September and of course, we all want our rooms close together (I know there are no connecting studios). Other than stating that we want our rooms close together or beside each other, what else would everyone recommend to increase our chances of our rooms being close together? Anyone else have experience with this type of request at BLT? My only other experience with multiple rooms was at CBR and POP. Both times we had 2 connecting rooms and had called up and had our reservations linked.

TIA!

I've not done this specifically for BLT, but have at many of the other DVC resorts; we always have MS add a "traveling with" designation to our reservations. By doing this our rooms have always been next to or across the hall from each other.

TIA!
That's going to be a difficult request. Because of the layout at BLT, there aren't very many studios close to each other. On each floor, there are four lake-view studios in the north section and four lake-view studios in the south section along with two lake-view studios in the center section on each floor (with the exception of standard-view on the lower floors). I'm not sure how they attempt to coordinate check-out days; if the floor figures into their method, so getting three studios checking out on the same floor on the same day seems unlikely, let alone three studios in the same wing.

That's going to be a difficult request. Because of the layout at BLT, there aren't very many studios close to each other. On each floor, there are four lake-view studios in the north section and four lake-view studios in the south section along with two lake-view studios in the center section on each floor (with the exception of standard-view on the lower floors). I'm not sure how they attempt to coordinate check-out days; if the floor figures into their method, so getting three studios checking out on the same floor on the same day seems unlikely, let alone three studios in the same wing.
This was my concern when I saw the layout of the different room types. It's not a huge deal but if at least 2 of the rooms were close together then I would be happy

I have thought about this also. If I was ever going to need two rooms and wanted to be together at BLT I would probably book one MKV and one LV and ask that they be close. Though not guaranteed, you could have a chance of being across the hall from each other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!