BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

Our first DVC trip is in 35 days!!! We are so excited to be staying at BLT (own at AKV) but I have no idea what to do for a room request. We are in a two bedroom lake view but would love a MK view if possible. Any suggestions would be much appreciated as I continue to read through this thread. :)

ETA: Looks like my best bet will be an even numbered room near the north elevator ..... is that correct? Thank you!

Last edited:
Our first DVC trip is in 35 days!!! We are so excited to be staying at BLT (own at AKV) but I have no idea what to do for a room request. We are in a two bedroom lake view but would love a MK view if possible. Any suggestions would be much appreciated as I continue to read through this thread. :)

ETA: Looks like my best bet will be an even numbered room near the north elevator ..... is that correct? Thank you!

That is correct. The higher up the better as well.

What type of two-bedroom; lock-off or dedicated? There are really only three dedicated lake-view two-bedrooms and maybe five lock-offs that might have a sideways view of the Magic Kingdom.

So, that's 3 out of 52 available rooms. You've got about a 6% chance of getting a sideways MK view. You might want to focus on your second choice.

I don't agree with this logic as the XX02 dedicated villas still have a view of the castle and park. You should be able to see the castle at least from the 4th floor up. Sure it is further away but you have a great view of the fireworks. Plus excellent views of the lake. Check the list on page one for photo examples. Our nephew and his family stayed in 7702 and it had a great view of the castle, space mountain plus the lake.

I don't agree with this logic as the XX02 dedicated villas still have a view of the castle and park. You should be able to see the castle at least from the 4th floor up. Sure it is further away but you have a great view of the fireworks. Plus excellent views of the lake. Check the list on page one for photo examples. Our nephew and his family stayed in 7702 and it had a great view of the castle, space mountain plus the lake.
I was in xx12 and could only see the castle if I leaned over the railing in my balcony. I can't imagine being able to see it from xx02.

Including the xx02 rooms would increase changes to 27%. But these pictures show how far you have to lean over the railing to see the Magic Kingdom:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/bl...st-1-10-21-2015.2257082/page-83#post-43630569
http://www.disboards.com/threads/bl...t-1-10-21-2015.2257082/page-125#post-52285940
http://www.disboards.com/threads/bl...st-1-10-21-2015.2257082/page-22#post-34497718

Last edited:
I was in xx12 and could only see the castle if I leaned over the railing in my balcony. I can't imagine being able to see it from xx02.

Including the xx02 rooms would increase changes to 27%. But these pictures show how far you have to lean over the railing to see the Magic Kingdom:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/bl...st-1-10-21-2015.2257082/page-83#post-43630569
http://www.disboards.com/threads/bl...t-1-10-21-2015.2257082/page-125#post-52285940
http://www.disboards.com/threads/bl...st-1-10-21-2015.2257082/page-22#post-34497718

I'm surprised at your leaning over the rail comment - see below as we've stayed in an xx06 room which is even further around the curve.

I agree with @DenLo - even the pictures from the xx02 rooms show the Castle and the rail so it can't also be leaning way over the rail. It all comes down to what people define as views of the MK and expecations. Many don't like the actual theme park views - saying it's a parking lot view. In this case we're talking about a lakeview room, not a theme park room so there shouldn't be a thought that it will be a direct MK view. As requests are not guaranteed might as well ask for what you'd really like.

This was our "MK view" standard studio 7306.

p1766087054-4.jpg

Too low to see more than the tip top of the castle but it didn't require leaning over the rail. I was standing right next to it but you can easily see the spire top. I'd call it the "MK" standard view as we could see parts of the MK - definitely no expectation to see all sprawling. Fireworks would have been quite fine due to the areas they shoot them off from but we did go up to TOTWL to have drinks and watch on our one night in this room.

Here's someone else's view from 8012 and another xx12 reported no leaning required to see the castle. Expectations different? Probably good for peopleto look at pictures and decide what they think themselves.

WDWAug2010277.jpg

Last edited:
Question about rooms in BLT - when booking a villa, not through Disney vacation club, is it cleaned and towels changed without extra cost, and how often? Also, transportation to Animal Kingdom and Hollywood studios, is it any good? how often?

Question about rooms in BLT - when booking a villa, not through Disney vacation club, is it cleaned and towels changed without extra cost, and how often? Also, transportation to Animal Kingdom and Hollywood studios, is it any good? how often?
Villas booked for cash get daily housekeeping. Buses are at the Contemporary, and are as good as any other deluxe hotel.

Yep, daily housekeeping when booking direct thru Disney.

The buses share with one, sometimes two other resorts. Often GF but sometimes Poly. For the most part I find BLT/CR transportation my lest favorite other than what I can do with my own feet walking to MK. Monorail you have to wait for the resort monorail then wait and transfer at TTC. And the ride back is long. Nope, definitely not my favorite for transportation but there are lots of other reasons we like to stay there.

When should I make my room requests? When I do online check in? We're staying in Feb for the first time- lake view studio

Yep.

We are in XX04 right now and the people next to us in XX02 can absolutely see and they aren't leaning over. I've talked to our neighbors during the fireworks when we've both been out there. 2 sets of family so far during our trip.

Hi Everyone,

So I have rented DVC points for a 1 night stay in a standard view studio at BLT in January. From what I understand when we booked this was the only studio of any type left at the resort (I was on pins and needles for three days waiting to see if the rental would go through before the room disappeared).

Will making a room request matter for us? If I do request an even numbered room, high floor, near the North elevator, what are the chances we'd have a MK peek in a studio? Most of what I've seen referred to 1 or 2 Bedroom Villas.

Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

So I have rented DVC points for a 1 night stay in a standard view studio at BLT in January. From what I understand when we booked this was the only studio of any type left at the resort (I was on pins and needles for three days waiting to see if the rental would go through before the room disappeared).

Will making a room request matter for us? If I do request an even numbered room, high floor, near the North elevator, what are the chances we'd have a MK peek in a studio? Most of what I've seen referred to 1 or 2 Bedroom Villas.

Thanks!
Standard view only goes up to the fifth floor, so "high floor" doesn't help a whole lot. I'd stick with even number, center or north tower.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!