BLT Re-sale

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by Thomas Brown, Aug 11, 2018 at 4:36 PM.

1. Thomas Brown

Thomas Brown Earning My Ears

Okay so this is my first (prob of many) posts about DVC. My family and I recently stared exploring the DVC club and how it would be beneficial to our family. Our kids are 5 and 6 so BLT was appealing due to the location, and the access to the monorail. Found out from a guide that I cannot currently get BLT direct through Disney. Is there a certain re-sale location that is recommended. Of course when I search a lot come up, but I didn't know if some were more reputable than others. Thank you in advance!

2. Networth

Networth DIS Veteran

Here are some of the DVC resale brokers often mentioned on the DIS:

The Timeshare Store
    http://www.dvc-resales.com
    Fidelity Resales - http://fidelityresales.com/
    DVC by Resale - http://www.dvcbyresale.com/
    Selling Timeshares - http://www.sellingtimeshares.net
    DVC Resale Market - http://www.dvcresalemarket.com/

I have bought one contract through the TimeShare Store excellent service.

I am currently in ROFR for another contract that I have purchased through DVC Resale Market and they have been outstanding and quick to respond.

Good luck and be sure to read plenty from these boards to learn more about DVC. This forum is a great resource.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018 at 5:26 PM
  3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Disney Vacation Club Resales www.dvcstore.com

4. 10CJ

10CJ DIS Veteran

Check out the third pinned post about advertising/businesses.

5. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Before looking at any listings, take your time and learn about the DVC, how it works, the rules and policies, the good, the bad, and the ugly, the different resorts, the true cost, and if it makes financial sense for you to purchase.

:earsboy: Bill

kboo, Spork24, Mumof4mice and 3 others like this.
  6. _auroraborealis_

_auroraborealis_ I like marshmallows. And adult beverages.

That guide lied, by the way. While resale will generally be a better financial option for a resort like BLT, the guide was lying to you to try to sell the resort he/she currently is incentivized to sell.

I would be very cautious about anything else that guide told you.

kboo, Spork24, kmc8826 and 1 other person like this.
  7. KAT4DISNEY

KAT4DISNEY Glad to be a test subject

There are wasitlists for BLT and have been for quite awhile. Its very likely they didn't have any BLT points. And of course that will save the OP some money anyway by going resale.

kboo, CraigInPA and TCRAIG like this.
  8. TCRAIG

TCRAIG Member Since 2010 SS/OKW/HH/BCV/WLV/BLT/GF

I disagree - Guides are not lying when they tell you they have no inventory on sold out properties...

9. suebeelin

suebeelin DIS Veteran

While the kids are really young (ages 2-6), Magic Kingdom is the ideal Park. However, as they get older the other parks will have more appeal.

Just think about the long term preference for the kids. BLT may be perfect for the next few years, then you might wish you were at Poly or an epcot resort.

We have BLT and BWV, and prefer BWV with a 5 and 8yr old...

10. disneynutz

We really don't know if they are lying or not. All we know is that there are reports of inconsistency between the guides. We don't know what the reason is, could be several different reasons. They are in the business of selling, only selling, and maybe some of them don't like to take the time to process small contracts that doesn't pay them as much as selling larger contracts.

11. TCRAIG

TCRAIG Member Since 2010 SS/OKW/HH/BCV/WLV/BLT/GF

There’s no reason for mine to lie to me after 8 contracts - she knows what I’ll buy and not buy - i called in April - looking for June BLT or Oct BRV or OKW etc...I had to wait for my use year to be up in June before there were any June BLT points available...June 2 she called me with my 67 point contract...by June 4th - all June BLT points were sold. I’m waiting for Oct for more Oct BRV points - which she may or may not have...

12. disneynutz

That's your guide and your experience with her. Others may be different.

13. Dean

Dean DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis

Possibly, we really don't know how it was worded/phrased.

I'd point out that they are in the business of selling timeshares, not making sure it's right for the buyer. Unfortunately the days of long term mutually beneficial relationships in sales are largely gone. I had a Marriott salesperson touting his personal and hands on service just last month, I've seen it many times before and often they're not even with the company in 2-3 years. Even the honorable timeshare companies have their fair share of questionable salespeople and the includes DVC.

Bellecruiser and Bing Showei like this.
  14. Spork24

Spork24 Mr. Blue Bird on my shoulder

We own at BLT and love it! We bought all of our points resale, one set from the timeshare store and more recently from fidelity. Both were fine, I prefer the timeshare store for slightly better communication but it’s really the contract and price that matter the most.

15. Frederic Civish

Frederic Civish “I’m just here for the Ears.”

I would ask for a new guide.

16. Mumof4mice

Mumof4mice Mouseketeer

That's a lie. They might not have points in your use year in stock for immediate sale. But are able to waitlist you.

My guess is the guides have performance indicators that they have to hit for Aulani/CCV sales, but sold-out resorts do not count towards the quota. So they're unwilling to do the work. It's time to get a new, smarter guide who is happy to go to the trouble for you to build a relationship for future sales.