BLT Questions for DVC Points Renter

aristocatz

DIS Veteran
Hi there,

We just scored a 2 BR BLT Standard View for next January, by going through David's!! I'm beyond excited, as it has been a dream of mine to have the opportunity to stay here! It will be me, DH, my parents, my 3 year old & my 5 year old.

Questions....

1) Is there a BLT FAQ thread on the Disboards that you might be able to refer me to?

2) What are our options for fireworks viewing at the resort? Are children allowed out on the balcony of Top of the World? Are there other similar (maybe less crowded) options for fireworks viewing at the resort?

3) Are DVC renters allowed in the Top of the World Lounge? Or only owners?

4) Where do we refill our mugs at BLT?

5) How long does it take to walk from BLT to MK?

6) Is there a Splash Pad for kids at BLT?

Thanks for any info you might have!

As a renter, you are not allowed to TOTW. You get no member benefits, just your room.

The splash pad is at CR.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/b...nks-last-update-of-post-1-10-21-2015.2257082/

No TOTWL, but the walkway connecting BLT to CR works pretty well for fireworks viewing.

Depending on how fast you walk, and how long the security checkpoint takes, it's an 8 to 15 minute walk for most, door to front gate, I would say.

Thank you!! Does the walkway between BLT to CR get super crowded at this time? Are there any other "look out points" we could go to? My kids get scared of fireworks in the park, but are ok with it from afar, but we would also love to be able to hear the music too, if at all possible.

Hi there,

We just scored a 2 BR BLT Standard View for next January, by going through David's!! I'm beyond excited, as it has been a dream of mine to have the opportunity to stay here! It will be me, DH, my parents, my 3 year old & my 5 year old.

Questions....

1) Is there a BLT FAQ thread on the Disboards that you might be able to refer me to?

2) What are our options for fireworks viewing at the resort? Are children allowed out on the balcony of Top of the World? Are there other similar (maybe less crowded) options for fireworks viewing at the resort?

3) Are DVC renters allowed in the Top of the World Lounge? Or only owners?

4) Where do we refill our mugs at BLT?

5) How long does it take to walk from BLT to MK?

6) Is there a Splash Pad for kids at BLT?

Thanks for any info you might have!

The bridge to the Contemporary Resort doesn't get that crowded for watching fireworks, but I'd rather go to a balcony at the Contemporary that also affords a nice view. Downside: smokers.

You can purchase your mugs at the Contempo Cafe at the Contemporary, and either refill them there or at the BLT pool.

The walk is easy under 10 minutes -- just that bit longer now because of security conducted at the entry to the MK bus pick-up zone.

There is a small splash pad at the BLT pool, to the left of the water slide. Other family activities available just outside the pool area include shuffleboard, ping pong, and outdoor pool table and bean bag toss.

Hope you have a wonderful visit!

Thank you!! Does the walkway between BLT to CR get super crowded at this time? Are there any other "look out points" we could go to? My kids get scared of fireworks in the park, but are ok with it from afar, but we would also love to be able to hear the music too, if at all possible.

We rented there last July. The walkway had people on it, but not enough that I would call it "super crowded". I would still recommend getting there earlier though, just to avoid having an obstructed view. The music can be heard, clearly but lightly, projected from the front of BLT.
You could also monorail over to the Polynesian beach, but then you are dealing with the monorails right after the fireworks are over...

As you have your back to BLT at the gate to the pool, is not there some sort of water play area for children? Yes, I see papertraveler has answered.

With standard view prepare yourself for a lower floor, you could be on the second floor or there are even a few first floor villas.

Here's a picture of part of the little splash pad at BLT. It's basic but is something for the young ones to run thru.

p1872405315-4.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter