BLT...advice please!

guinness408

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone... Hoping you can help me. We've always stayed at BCV or BWV (me, hubby, and our 5 kids). Have a family wedding in April 2017 and decided to come to Disney for 5 nights since we'll be so close and kids have April vacation. BCV and BWV are already booked! BLT has 2br villas open. I've read through Kook's thread but was just hoping for some feedback before I decide. Is it super noisy with chef mickeys? Are lines for monorail long? Anything else I should be asking? Thanks a million!

Chef Mickey's is in the CR so no worries on the noise. We LOVED BLT...had the Bay Lake View and really liked that. I'd book that sucker NOW! The location can't be beat...very short walk to the MK, bus stop and the CR with dining options there. Here are a few pictures from our 2010 stay:

Balcony view toward WL...you can see Disney Springs, Epcot/SSE, HS/ToT and the sunrise is beautiful:

IMG_4799-1.jpg

IMG_4798-1.jpg

IMG_5054.jpg

IMG_4661.jpg

IMG_4659.jpg

IMG_4657.jpg

IMG_4656.jpg

Master suite:

IMG_4651.jpg

IMG_4652.jpg

IMG_4648.jpg

IMG_4650.jpg

2nd bedroom with full bath:

IMG_4642.jpg

IMG_4643.jpg

IMG_4641.jpg

Small bath off entryway with shower:

IMG_4663_1.jpg

Fold out couch (excuse the munchkins :goodvibes):

IMG_4786.jpg

View from hallway:

IMG_4905.jpg

There were 7 of us and we never felt crowded. The closets in 2nd bedroom are rather small but storage space in dresser; also sink area in that bathroom was small. Other than that we had NO complaints...loved our stay there. :tink:

Hi there! Oh my gosh…you're going to LOVE BLT! It's super quiet, but convenient to get to the monorail. We actually prefer walking to the MK…it takes about 10 minutes alone the pretty little path. When we monorail to EPCOT, even if the lines are long, the move really fast…the monorail holds a ton of people and there's standing room on it as well so you will likely get on the first one that comes along…if not, the second.

You can use either the BLT pool (which I find too small and crowded), or the pool over at the CR.

Like the PP said, Chef Mickey's is in a totally different building so there is no noise at all to worry about!

You'll love it!

Chef Mickey's is in the CR so no worries on the noise. We LOVED BLT...had the Bay Lake View and really liked that. I'd book that sucker NOW! The location can't be beat...very short walk to the MK, bus stop and the CR with dining options there. Here are a few pictures from our 2010 stay:

Balcony view toward WL...you can see Disney Springs, Epcot/SSE, HS/ToT and the sunrise is beautiful:

IMG_4799-1.jpg

IMG_4798-1.jpg

IMG_5054.jpg

IMG_4661.jpg

IMG_4659.jpg

IMG_4657.jpg

IMG_4656.jpg

Master suite:

IMG_4651.jpg

IMG_4652.jpg

IMG_4648.jpg

IMG_4650.jpg

IMG_4642.jpg

IMG_4643.jpg

IMG_4641.jpg

IMG_4663_1.jpg

IMG_4786.jpg

View from hallway:

IMG_4905.jpg

There were 7 of us and we never felt crowded. The closets in 2nd bedroom are rather small but storage space in dresser; also sink area in that bathroom was small. Other than that we had NO complaints...loved our stay there. :tink:

IMG_4799-1.jpg

IMG_4798-1.jpg

IMG_5054.jpg

IMG_4661.jpg

IMG_4659.jpg

IMG_4657.jpg

IMG_4656.jpg

Master suite:

IMG_4651.jpg

IMG_4652.jpg

IMG_4648.jpg

IMG_4650.jpg

IMG_4642.jpg

IMG_4643.jpg

IMG_4641.jpg

IMG_4663_1.jpg

IMG_4786.jpg

View from hallway:

IMG_4905.jpg

You are so sweet to reply with pictures!! It DOES look great! I think I'm just a creature of habit and used to the Epcot area, but with two 3 year old twins this time I think this location will be awesome! And the teenagers will get extra sleep in the morning not waiting for the bus from Beach Club to MK. Thank you!

Hi there! Oh my gosh…you're going to LOVE BLT! It's super quiet, but convenient to get to the monorail. We actually prefer walking to the MK…it takes about 10 minutes alone the pretty little path. When we monorail to EPCOT, even if the lines are long, the move really fast…the monorail holds a ton of people and there's standing room on it as well so you will likely get on the first one that comes along…if not, the second.

You can use either the BLT pool (which I find too small and crowded), or the pool over at the CR.

Like the PP said, Chef Mickey's is in a totally different building so there is no noise at all to worry about!

You'll love it!

thanks so much! I think I've wrapped my head around this and am kind of excited for a different location to try some new restaurants. And definitely excited to be off the bus route. The wait for buses last trip was long! thanks for the info! Really appreciate it.

You are so sweet to reply with pictures!! It DOES look great! I think I'm just a creature of habit and used to the Epcot area, but with two 3 year old twins this time I think this location will be awesome! And the teenagers will get extra sleep in the morning not waiting for the bus from Beach Club to MK. Thank you!

My pleasure...BLT is DD's home resort and it's one of our 3 favorites. With small children, the location can't be beat. Please note that you need to go to the CR for meals but if you're budget minded, the full kitchen is REALLY nice. Other than breakfast character meals, we ate that meal at the resort. We had Garden Grocer deliver all needed items and it was especially nice returning in the evening and wanting a small snack before bedtime. We'd pop popcorn and watch TV while the little ones "settled down". One of the best parts was NO waiting for shower or bath. :goodvibes With 3 available tubs with showers plus the shower in the hall area, we "sailed through" that bedtime routine in record time. Son-in-law :rotfl: even had time to do laundry. :rotfl: Also MK days were perfect for that afternoon return for rest and/or short naps for the girls. While the MK view was fabulous, we really enjoyed the Bay Lake View; in fact, DD will request that view when she books. It's SO quiet and relaxing...I especially LOVED the balconies. I'm excited for you and your family; I think it will become a favorite of yours too. :goodvibes :tink:

Also - with 7 people - the extra full bathroom you get at BLT should come in very handy!

My pleasure...BLT is DD's home resort and it's one of our 3 favorites. With small children, the location can't be beat. Please note that you need to go to the CR for meals but if you're budget minded, the full kitchen is REALLY nice. Other than breakfast character meals, we ate that meal at the resort. We had Garden Grocer deliver all needed items and it was especially nice returning in the evening and wanting a small snack before bedtime. We'd pop popcorn and watch TV while the little ones "settled down". One of the best parts was NO waiting for shower or bath. :goodvibes With 3 available tubs with showers plus the shower in the hall area, we "sailed through" that bedtime routine in record time. Son-in-law :rotfl: even had time to do laundry. :rotfl: Also MK days were perfect for that afternoon return for rest and/or short naps for the girls. While the MK view was fabulous, we really enjoyed the Bay Lake View; in fact, DD will request that view when she books. It's SO quiet and relaxing...I especially LOVED the balconies. I'm excited for you and your family; I think it will become a favorite of yours too. :goodvibes :tink:
Thanks so much!! It sounds wonderful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter