BLT -- A Sandwich or a Resort? Nov 09 TR (12/9 Lessons Learned)

A small update ...

I was able to get into a Double Stroller Swap on the DIS for our November trip. :banana:

We'll still bring one of our own strollers along to have help at the airports but this way we'll only have one stroller in the park. ... and as someone said on here, if DD3 doesn't need it then we'll just have more room to put our "stuff".

My parents were able to tour the BLT models and they said the BLT 1BR is fantastic -- very large, lots of counterspace/tables, double shower sprayers, two full bathrooms, etc.

They did not like the colors at all but said the 1BR was "phenomenal".

Now the Studio completely turned them off. They said the bathroom section that has the toilet does not have the sink. And in fact you have to walk down a short hall, around a corner to get to the sink. Then the kitchen area and the bathroom sink are right next to each other, sort of like a galley kitchen.

This doesn't make sense at all...why would you have to walk so much with dirty hands? Wouldn't you want to reach a sink within just a few feet?:confused:

re: the tickets -- thanks!! I thought I remembered it was sometime in August that they increased...

The only bad thing about AI is that we are now in nosebleed section since I waited so long to purchase...

No problem:goodvibes

Aww that stinks..but am sure it will still be fun:goodvibes

Yes! I agree -- way too many things to do and see. I have "those friends" who say, "I'm sure we'll go to Disney one time...but that will be enough."

Wear?? You mean I have to plan what to wear to the concert?!? Oh, I've become such a mommy...more concerned about my girls then myself.

But you are right...I should work on getting a cool outfit for the concert...suggestions welcome from you all!!;)

I would wear nice pair of jeans and a form fitting top, ya know, like we used to do when we were teenagers :laughing: Gotta look hot for ya man :love:

A small update ...

I was able to get into a Double Stroller Swap on the DIS for our November trip. :banana:

We'll still bring one of our own strollers along to have help at the airports but this way we'll only have one stroller in the park. ... and as someone said on here, if DD3 doesn't need it then we'll just have more room to put our "stuff".

That's great. Glad you got it all worked out :thumbsup2

My parents were able to tour the BLT models and they said the BLT 1BR is fantastic -- very large, lots of counterspace/tables, double shower sprayers, two full bathrooms, etc.

Now the Studio completely turned them off. They said the bathroom section that has the toilet does not have the sink. And in fact you have to walk down a short hall, around a corner to get to the sink. Then the kitchen area and the bathroom sink are right next to each other, sort of like a galley kitchen.

This doesn't make sense at all...why would you have to walk so much with dirty hands? Wouldn't you want to reach a sink within just a few feet?:confused:

That is cool they got to see it. Did they take any pics they can share with you so we can see :3dglasses

That does sounds very strange about the sinks :confused3

:faint: You are going again? :woohoo: :yay: And congrats on the new addition of your beautiful baby! :)

Hey sharky, love the tree in your siggy! :rotfl2:

No problem:goodvibes

Aww that stinks..but am sure it will still be fun:goodvibes

I would wear nice pair of jeans and a form fitting top, ya know, like we used to do when we were teenagers :laughing: Gotta look hot for ya man :love:

Jeans and sexy top -- that I can do!!

That's great. Glad you got it all worked out :thumbsup2

That is cool they got to see it. Did they take any pics they can share with you so we can see :3dglasses

That does sounds very strange about the sinks :confused3

Nope, they didn't take pics so I'll go check them out on-line sometime...

:faint: You are going again? :woohoo: :yay: And congrats on the new addition of your beautiful baby! :)

Thanks re: baby. We like her so I think we'll keep her :lmao:

Yes, we are going again -- this is what happens to you when you buy DVC. We were originally going to skip this year to save points but ...

Hey Renta

I love me some Christmas...could not bear to part with my tree :laughing:

Jeans and sexy top -- that I can do!!

Nope, they didn't take pics so I'll go check them out on-line sometime...

For sure...You can rock it out

I love saying that..have no idea why

sometimes Trent says it now.....think I say it too much :lmao:

That's great that you were able to arrange a stroller swap!

Jeans and a sexy top sounds just right! If you already have the makings of the outfit, maybe you can splurge on some new shoes!

I'm glad that the 1 Bdr unit at BLT sounds comfortable and well designed. It is odd about the studio. Since they were starting from scratch it wasn't like they were constrained by a previous room size or configuration...

A small update ...

Yay glad you got that all straightened out

that does sound weird about the studio. Glad the 1BR sounds nice tho. We didn't get to do our DVC tour this time. There was just not enough time. We'll have to schedule it for when we are there in December but I'm pretty certain we'll buy into BLT. It looks amazing just from the outside and I love the bridge that connects it to the contemporary :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Yay glad you got that all straightened out

that does sound weird about the studio. Glad the 1BR sounds nice tho. We didn't get to do our DVC tour this time. There was just not enough time. We'll have to schedule it for when we are there in December but I'm pretty certain we'll buy into BLT. It looks amazing just from the outside and I love the bridge that connects it to the contemporary :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Oh, too bad you didn't get to do the tour but probably better for you guys to do the tour closer to when you want to purchase.

:sad2::sad2: to you both.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Yeah, I know...it's not {really} a rock concert ... ;)

Oh, too bad you didn't get to do the tour but probably better for you guys to do the tour closer to when you want to purchase.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. Maybe there will be another DVC resort in the works at that point! :goodvibes

Hi there! Wonderful PTR!

I couldn't agree more about the bathroom in the studio.

You have a beautiful baby girl with a beautiful name. Elizabeth is my name. ;)

Hi there! Wonderful PTR!

I couldn't agree more about the bathroom in the studio.

You have a beautiful baby girl with a beautiful name. Elizabeth is my name. ;)

Hello! Welcome to my PTR.

It does seem very strange to have the studio bathroom sink so far from the toilet...but I haven't heard anyone else complain about this yet...

Yeah, another Elizabeth. Just curious...do you have a nickname? We are still trying to figure out what nickname, if any, to call her.

Hello! Welcome to my PTR.

It does seem very strange to have the studio bathroom sink so far from the toilet...but I haven't heard anyone else complain about this yet...

Yeah, another Elizabeth. Just curious...do you have a nickname? We are still trying to figure out what nickname, if any, to call her.

I do! My middle name is Ann. So I've always gone by Beth Ann. Elizabeth is when I'm in trouble. "Elizabeth Ann" ... big trouble!:rotfl: GL with a nickname.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter