BLT -- A Sandwich or a Resort? Nov 09 TR (12/9 Lessons Learned)

"YET" being the key word! :goodvibes

haha you got that right :)

This is good to know! I forget...do you still take a stroller to the parks? I know it'll be a lot easier once we don't have to drag that around anymore.

Speaking of strollers, we need to decide if we are taking one or two strollers. Obviously Elie will need a stroller at 8 months but even Rae who will be 4 in Nov will most likely need one too if we don't want her to be cranky and tired of walking.

We have a single jogging stroller and a single McLaren...I wonder if we should bring both of them...I also see on the budget boards that there are stroller swaps that you can participate in for free...this might be something to consider, too...

Looks like another thing to add to the research!

okay I don't know much about strollers but I was thinking, would you be able to carry Elie around in one of those slings/backpack (I have NO idea what it's called) type things?? Maybe if you can do that you can just take one stroller and let the girls take turns in it. Or, I know it's huge, but maybe get a double stroller. Then when they both want to be in it it is possible and when DD3 is not in it Elie will have a nice big stroller to stretch out in when she wants to take a nap.

I have seen the stroller swaps too. That's another great thing to consider. Only thing I would be worried about there are germs :scared: but you can just give it a good once over with some lysol wipes or something like that and be good to go. :thumbsup2

haha you got that right :)
okay I don't know much about strollers but I was thinking, would you be able to carry Elie around in one of those slings/backpack (I have NO idea what it's called) type things?? Maybe if you can do that you can just take one stroller and let the girls take turns in it. Or, I know it's huge, but maybe get a double stroller. Then when they both want to be in it it is possible and when DD3 is not in it Elie will have a nice big stroller to stretch out in when she wants to take a nap.

I have seen the stroller swaps too. That's another great thing to consider. Only thing I would be worried about there are germs :scared: but you can just give it a good once over with some lysol wipes or something like that and be good to go. :thumbsup2

Yep, we have a Baby Bjorn and it was great with our first DD but she was only 3 months when we took her to WDW. I'm worried about strapping an 8 month old to us and walking around for a while.

I do have one of those Maya wrap slings, but I can't get Elie to use it. She just cries so I must be doing something wrong. The Bjorn is better.

But yes, your idea of one stroller and sling makes sense but DH already said he doesn't want to rely on the sling/bjorn for transpo...that sort of thing is better for just waiting in lines...not hiking all the way around Epcot.

Germs may be an issue...honestly, I wasn't even thinking of that...but a good Clorox/Lysol wipe should do wonders...probably more germs from playing on the ground than sitting in a stroller, ya know?

Yep, we have a Baby Bjorn and it was great with our first DD but she was only 3 months when we took her to WDW. I'm worried about strapping an 8 month old to us and walking around for a while.

I do have one of those Maya wrap slings, but I can't get Elie to use it. She just cries so I must be doing something wrong. The Bjorn is better.

But yes, your idea of one stroller and sling makes sense but DH already said he doesn't want to rely on the sling/bjorn for transpo...that sort of thing is better for just waiting in lines...not hiking all the way around Epcot.

Germs may be an issue...honestly, I wasn't even thinking of that...but a good Clorox/Lysol wipe should do wonders...probably more germs from playing on the ground than sitting in a stroller, ya know?

Ah gotcha. Well, like I said, I don't know anything about strollers or the slings or anything like that :confused3 but just thought I'd put down my thoughts.

I hope you guys can get the stroller thing figured out. Sorry I can't be as much help to you on this as you have been to me on DVC

Hi Marsha. I found this for you http://www.wdwinfo.com/Photos/Bay-Lake-Tower/index.htm

That should at least settle your fears on what the BLT rooms look like. I think it's nice :thumbsup2

Thanks for the pics...I had seen some before...I guess I just think it still looks 70s-ish...those yellow stools just don't cut it for me. Wish there were more blues and greens...

But looking at these pics definitely makes me more excited to be there!!

Thanks for the pics...I had seen some before...I guess I just think it still looks 70s-ish...those yellow stools just don't cut it for me. Wish there were more blues and greens...

But looking at these pics definitely makes me more excited to be there!!

yeah i hear you there but I think those colors are making a come back in a big way unfortunately.

Good glad I could help get you more excited :goodvibes

This is good to know! I forget...do you still take a stroller to the parks? I know it'll be a lot easier once we don't have to drag that around anymore.

Speaking of strollers, we need to decide if we are taking one or two strollers. Obviously Elie will need a stroller at 8 months but even Rae who will be 4 in Nov will most likely need one too if we don't want her to be cranky and tired of walking.

We have a single jogging stroller and a single McLaren...I wonder if we should bring both of them...I also see on the budget boards that there are stroller swaps that you can participate in for free...this might be something to consider, too...

Looks like another thing to add to the research!

We bought one at a yard sale(QM Did) for 5 bucks and used it at parks. Without it, would have been a nightmare. Even though Trent does not need one at home anymore, that is just too much walking for little legs

On our last night there, we left it at MGM.....it was soaked from rain, but once it dried off, it would be fine for another person to use.

I think they take any abandoned strollers and sell them at Cast member sales.

Renting a stroller there is outrageous now and definitely a better idea to bring one from home

I would bring a double since you have two and one is still little. If DD #1 feels like walking, you have somewhere to put your bags for awhile, give your hubby a rest:goodvibes

We bought one at a yard sale(QM Did) for 5 bucks and used it at parks. Without it, would have been a nightmare. Even though Trent does not need one at home anymore, that is just too much walking for little legs

On our last night there, we left it at MGM.....it was soaked from rain, but once it dried off, it would be fine for another person to use.

I think they take any abandoned strollers and sell them at Cast member sales.

Renting a stroller there is outrageous now and definitely a better idea to bring one from home

I would bring a double since you have two and one is still little. If DD #1 feels like walking, you have somewhere to put your bags for awhile, give your hubby a rest:goodvibes

Thanks for the advice. So we will definitely plan on having a stroller for each girl or joining a swap for a double-stroller. I found there are 5 double-stroller swaps on the DIS so just need to see which one would work best for us!

Thanks for the advice. So we will definitely plan on having a stroller for each girl or joining a swap for a double-stroller. I found there are 5 double-stroller swaps on the DIS so just need to see which one would work best for us!

No problem

That is awesome. Hope you can find a good one for ya:goodvibes

I'm definitely considering it. We are still hoping to do some Table Service though. I'll go ahead and make ressies when I can and I'll just have to cancel them if we don't use them.

The more I think of it, the more I think we'll just do OOP. And of course I'll save my receipts and then compare to the three different plans.

Hmm, I see a trivia question for my TR already -- which dining plan would have been the best way to go? :rotfl2:

I'm so glad you're going back! It's good to be back to the pleasure of your reporting.

It makes sense to have ADRs for your high points. You will undoubtedly change your schedule a number of times depending on how the girls are doing but then you can pick and choose your moments. The Tables in Wonderland card (and its predecessor the DDE card) worked really well for me. The card more than pays for itself, and the valet parking benefit rocks my world at the end of a long day of walking. When I calculate out the choices for a solo trip, getting a really good room discount and using the TIW card work out the best financially.

I'm so glad you're going back! It's good to be back to the pleasure of your reporting.

It makes sense to have ADRs for your high points. You will undoubtedly change your schedule a number of times depending on how the girls are doing but then you can pick and choose your moments. The Tables in Wonderland card (and its predecessor the DDE card) worked really well for me. The card more than pays for itself, and the valet parking benefit rocks my world at the end of a long day of walking. When I calculate out the choices for a solo trip, getting a really good room discount and using the TIW card work out the best financially.

Yeah! You made it!! So glad.

If I knew for sure that we would be doing a TS each day, I would totally get the TIW card...since we'll be going back in July next year with my family, it would definitely pay for itself.

But I'd hate to pay for the card only to do all CS and my family already said that they plan to cook a lot of meals next year since they can't afford to eat out. So we might be joining them, too.

Decisions, decisions....

Since our trip is still many months away, there is not much I'm planning right now.

I made a list of attractions in each park that I want to do (will post later) and also the TS/CS and shows I'd like to go to. Definitely have to narrow down this list.

I made a note on my calendar of when I can make my ADRs. I also wrote down the date when Southwest is supposed to come out with their November airfares.

I need to keep alert on DIS in case there is a leak as to when WDW will raise their ticket prices. Two years ago we caught this and were able to purchase our Annual Pass at the cheaper price. I'm hoping to do the same again this year.

On a personal note, I just purchased tickets to American Idol's concert tour in DC as a surprise "date night" for my DH and I. We've been watching all the shows this year (a first for my DH!) so I thought it might be a nice surprise to actually go to the concert. This would be only my 2nd BIG concert in my life...the first being the Rolling Stones. I won tickets to see them!

Lastly, I'm in a dilemma.

I heard that WDW is raising their prices for BLT on June 15th. We definitely plan to get more points and were seriously considering BLT. However, as I stated on here, we were hoping to actually stay there before we bought.

Sooooo, I'm looking at our financial situation to see if we can buy early. I actually called my guide today just to see what the incentives are.

We could really use 50 pts ... that would allow us to get a 1BR in summer every year for 8 nights at most resorts when we combine all our pts together.

If we bank and borrow the 50, we could stay 5 days in summer at BLT with an 11month booking advantage.

What to do...what to do...

Only your second concert? Girl, what are we gonna do with you?

I don't understand the DVC stuff. Probably because I haven't read up on it. But I guess if it saves you money in the long run, then go for it.

Only your second concert? Girl, what are we gonna do with you?

I don't understand the DVC stuff. Probably because I haven't read up on it. But I guess if it saves you money in the long run, then go for it.

yeah, I definitely thought of you and all the concerts you go to when I wrote that!! :goodvibes I figure you'd have something to say.:rotfl:

I was soooo super shocked at the price though. :scared1: The tickets were more than I thought considering we are up in the nosebleed section ... and then TicketMaster tacked on $35 in fees -- and I chose the free shipping!

But since I got my SIL to babysit for us, I decided to go ahead and get the tickets. Now how to surprise the DH...

Since our trip is still many months away, there is not much I'm planning right now.

I made a list of attractions in each park that I want to do (will post later) and also the TS/CS and shows I'd like to go to. Definitely have to narrow down this list.

I made a note on my calendar of when I can make my ADRs. I also wrote down the date when Southwest is supposed to come out with their November airfares.

I need to keep alert on DIS in case there is a leak as to when WDW will raise their ticket prices. Two years ago we caught this and were able to purchase our Annual Pass at the cheaper price. I'm hoping to do the same again this year.

On a personal note, I just purchased tickets to American Idol's concert tour in DC as a surprise "date night" for my DH and I. We've been watching all the shows this year (a first for my DH!) so I thought it might be a nice surprise to actually go to the concert. This would be only my 2nd BIG concert in my life...the first being the Rolling Stones. I won tickets to see them!

Can't wait to see your must do list and restaurants list

I did a bit of googling and I would have to say make sure you buy your APs before first Sunday in August :rolleyes1

That is so awesome about American Idol. I hope you both have a blast :lovestruc

Ah, the happy days of pre-planning! I am always surprised when I make my lists at how much more I want to do than there is actually time for. It's good to start mulling it over early.

Isn't it fun lying in wait for the best deals!

Great surprise! That will be a fantastic date night. What are you going to wear?

Lastly, I'm in a dilemma.

I heard that WDW is raising their prices for BLT on June 15th. We definitely plan to get more points and were seriously considering BLT. However, as I stated on here, we were hoping to actually stay there before we bought.

Sooooo, I'm looking at our financial situation to see if we can buy early. I actually called my guide today just to see what the incentives are.

We could really use 50 pts ... that would allow us to get a 1BR in summer every year for 8 nights at most resorts when we combine all our pts together.

If we bank and borrow the 50, we could stay 5 days in summer at BLT with an 11month booking advantage.

What to do...what to do...

I'm sure there is a special branch of Disney math for DVC. :thumbsup2 It seems like BLT would be a fantastic choice for your additional points. (Which of course you should buy.)

Can't wait to see your must do list and restaurants list

I did a bit of googling and I would have to say make sure you buy your APs before first Sunday in August :rolleyes1

That is so awesome about American Idol. I hope you both have a blast :lovestruc

re: the tickets -- thanks!! I thought I remembered it was sometime in August that they increased...

The only bad thing about AI is that we are now in nosebleed section since I waited so long to purchase...

Ah, the happy days of pre-planning! I am always surprised when I make my lists at how much more I want to do than there is actually time for. It's good to start mulling it over early.

Isn't it fun lying in wait for the best deals!

Great surprise! That will be a fantastic date night. What are you going to wear?

I'm sure there is a special branch of Disney math for DVC. :thumbsup2 It seems like BLT would be a fantastic choice for your additional points. (Which of course you should buy.)

Yes! I agree -- way too many things to do and see. I have "those friends" who say, "I'm sure we'll go to Disney one time...but that will be enough."

Wear?? You mean I have to plan what to wear to the concert?!? Oh, I've become such a mommy...more concerned about my girls then myself.

But you are right...I should work on getting a cool outfit for the concert...suggestions welcome from you all!!;)

re: BLT...yeah, that special Disney math is working on me :rotfl2:

I'm thinking that we could do 50 pts ...

We were lucky to get a tax rebate this year so that should cover a part of it...and DD doesn't have preschool during the summer, so that would save us some $$...

Hmmm...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter