BLT 16th Floor Observation Deck after Top of the World closes?

pepperandchips

[melinda]
Sorry if this has been answered - I know there are a lot of threads with Q&A about Top of the World Lounge but after searching I couldn't find the answer to my question.

I am staying on my points at the Poly this weekend and am not attending the Moonlight Magic event but we'd still like to see the fireworks. From reports it looks like the fireworks happened at 12:15 last week and the lounge closes at midnight. If we go up to the lounge before closing time would we be allowed to stay out on the observation deck to watch the special fireworks? I've only been up to ToTWL once and can't recall the setup of where the elevators are and whether we'd need to go through the closed lounge to get back down to the lobby.

Any advice appreciated!

You do not have to go through the lounge to get to the elevators.
You need to discuss this with the CMs at BLT upon arrival, so you know your options.

Moonlight Magic fireworks were at 10:15 PM on 2/24 . They were scheduled to begin at 10 pm. Don't know why they were late.

Moonlight Magic fireworks were at 10:15 PM on 2/24 . They were scheduled to begin at 10 pm. Don't know why they were late.

Thanks for your response Carol! Unfortunately now I am even more confused. I saw both 10:00 and 12:00 mentioned on other threads. Were the fireworks scheduled for 10:00 and actually launched at 12:15? If they are at 10:00 we may not make it anyway but at midnight it would be worth us trying to get to the lounge or simply watching them from our resort. My guest has never been to the Top of the World Lounge and I'd love to show her.

Moonlight Magic fireworks were at 0015 EST 2/25 (or 1215 Friday night) at Magic Kingdom. They were not at 1015. 100% sure as I was there trying to stay awake:)

Moonlight Magic fireworks were at 0015 EST 2/25 (or 1215 Friday night) at Magic Kingdom. They were not at 1015. 100% sure as I was there trying to stay awake:)

A guide map of the event is posted here. It shows the Moonlight Magic fireworks were schedule for Midnight. Wishes was schedule for 9PM so I'm not certain where the 10PM would have been coming from.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/s-on-dvc-moonlight-magic-feb-24.3580436/#post-57195714

Thank you both very much!

My mistake. Yes, fireworks at 2/24 Moonlight Magic were scheduled for Midnight, but started 12:15 am. Not sure where I came up with 10 PM - that's when the party officially started! Sorry!

My mistake. Yes, fireworks at 2/24 Moonlight Magic were scheduled for Midnight, but started 12:15 am. Not sure where I came up with 10 PM - that's when the party officially started! Sorry!

Thank you! Will definitely be worth our effort to watch them then. Appreciate everyone's help. We will ask at Bay Lake Tower and ensure it's okay to stay for fireworks before heading up :thumbsup2

To answer your original question as well: As long as you're up there before they close, they will kick you out of the lounge, but not the observation deck. A friend and I went up there one night to watch the fireworks and stayed up there on a bench chatting and watching the castle for a couple of hours after they closed. Nobody cared.

A security guard even came by doing his rounds, said hello, and went on his way.

To answer your original question as well: As long as you're up there before they close, they will kick you out of the lounge, but not the observation deck. A friend and I went up there one night to watch the fireworks and stayed up there on a bench chatting and watching the castle for a couple of hours after they closed. Nobody cared.

A security guard even came by doing his rounds, said hello, and went on his way.
Ok, that's good to know, thanks.

This is exactly what I was looking for - thank you! After I watched a few YouTube videos to reacquaint myself with the layout I figured this might be the case. Appreciate your response!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter