BLT 1 bedroom SV vs Swan executive suite

PolyAddict

DIS Veteran
I am looking into a trip next summer and we are as follows...

Me
DH
DD12
DD20
DDBF21

A little back history...we have stayed at the Swan in a reg room before and loved the area and hotel. Both have a separate bedroom for the adults and a living area with more sleeping and an extra bedroom.

The main difference is the kitchen which i could possibly make some use of at breakfast. The price difference is around $300 more for BLT.

Any suggestions, we have never stayed DVC before.

I am looking into a trip next summer and we are as follows...

Me
DH
DD12
DD20
DDBF21

A little back history...we have stayed at the Swan in a reg room before and loved the area and hotel. Both have a separate bedroom for the adults and a living area with more sleeping and an extra bedroom.

The main difference is the kitchen which i could possibly make some use of at breakfast. The price difference is around $300 more for BLT.

Any suggestions, we have never stayed DVC before.

The three kids in this case would be sleeping in the living room. We just got back from a week at BLT in a one bedroom and our son and his friend joined us for the weekend. They took up the entire living room between the two of them. Add in your 12 yr old son and it starts getting a bit crowded. And if you are saying Boy Friend vs Best Friend, that might also make a difference.

If you were talking about a two bedroom villa, it might work out better.

there is also a chair bed that could be used in the living area.

BLT has 2 bathrooms in a 1-bedroom. It also has a washer/dryer in the room.

now are you saying standard view? those are 5th floor and lower - if that makes a difference. did not think you could get these from Disney?

What makes me shy away from DVC locations is that I have to book a 2 bdrm before I can get everyone in my family sleeping on actual beds and not pull-outs and by that time I can not afford it. So, my vote is for the Swan and use the $300 on meals. :thumbsup2 There are lots of breakfast ideas w/o use of a kitchen.

thanks for the info...

i was able to get a quote on the standard view with AAA discount through disney. He did say they book those fast.

Actually once i added parking and resort fee, they are exactly the same price.

Is it a 1BR or 2BR Executive Suite at Swan? I've staywed in both - a 1BR at BLT (also a 2BR at BLT) and a 2BR Executive at Swan. The Swan suite was MUCH larger - and had 2 bedrooms, the main living/dining area with a sofa bed & murphy bed, plus 3 bathrooms. You don't have a kitchen or washer/dryer though in those (or use of ME). So that could be a deal breaker right there.

Is it a 1BR or 2BR Executive Suite at Swan? I've staywed in both - a 1BR at BLT (also a 2BR at BLT) and a 2BR Executive at Swan. The Swan suite was MUCH larger - and had 2 bedrooms, the main living/dining area with a sofa bed & murphy bed, plus 3 bathrooms. You don't have a kitchen or washer/dryer though in those (or use of ME). So that could be a deal breaker right there.

Hi

It is the 1 bedroom at the Swan. How does that compare to the 1bd at BLT?

thanks so much

The living/dining area in the Swan 1BR was twice the size, if not 3x the size of the BLT living/dining space (also had 2 beds- a queen sleeper sofa & king murphy bed vs. the queen sofa & sleeper chair at BLT)....let me see if I can dig up pics for you to compare. They will both have 2 bathrooms.

Off to find pics!

Here is BLT - dining room, kitchen island to the left, that's the sleeper chair right there & sofa bed is right behind the island. Very "compact" in my opinion. We've stayed in other villas & BLT was the smallest living area by far.

IMG_4634.jpg

Here's the sofa bed - you can see the corner of the island is right there as well.

IMG_4639.jpg

Here is the living area of the Swan Executive suite -

069.jpg

064.jpg

066.jpg

Also - at BLT 1BR you will have a king in the master - at Swan 1BR you will have a king plus a sleeper sofa (or 2 queen beds) - more sleeping areas than BLT. At Swan you'll have 4 actual beds/sofa beds, at BLT just 2 beds/sofa beds plus the sleeper chair.

The living/dining area in the Swan 1BR was twice the size, if not 3x the size of the BLT living/dining space (also had 2 beds- a queen sleeper sofa & king murphy bed vs. the queen sofa & sleeper chair at BLT)....let me see if I can dig up pics for you to compare. They will both have 2 bathrooms.

Off to find pics!

Can i just tell you how much your rock??? Awesome pics! This helps so much. The Swan EXEC suite she quoted me was a 2 queen bedroom and sofa bed in living space and 2 bathrooms.

Here is the living area of the Swan Executive suite -

Also - at BLT 1BR you will have a king in the master - at Swan 1BR you will have a king plus a sleeper sofa (or 2 queen beds) - more sleeping areas than BLT. At Swan you'll have 4 actual beds/sofa beds, at BLT just 2 beds/sofa beds plus the sleeper chair.

Great photos TaraPA ... you are very resourceful!

Can i just tell you how much your rock??? Awesome pics! This helps so much. The Swan EXEC suite she quoted me was a 2 queen bedroom and sofa bed in living space and 2 bathrooms.

I know there are some suites configured differently, we hadn't been told there would be a Murphy Bed in ours so we were surprised to see it. Had we opted to put the Murphy Bed back in the wall that space would have been immense!

Great photos TaraPA ... you are very resourceful!

LOL not really, I just go to WDW a lot & take a lot of useless pictures thinking that someone on the DIS will surely need them someday - like today!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter