Blood, Sweat, and no Tears! (maybe) Disney World July 2014

This day we took it easy we didn't get up too early for anything and we went to the pool for a while because my dad went golfing with friends who were staying in Orlando. They ended up shutting down the pool around 11 because of an approaching storm. So we headed to the room and got changed. My dad got back close to noon and then we got our stuff together to head to DHS.

It was raining lightly as we walked in.

Olaf on a Stick!

They do make it really hard to avoid anything Frozen.

This is where the rumored DHS starbucks is supposedly going.

We headed to the Great Movie ride first. Its a good ride but it could really use an update to make younger generations more into it. Maybe they could incorporate some new technology or something, I feel like this could be a really great ride again with some work.

After the GMR we headed to Muppet Vision because we has some time to kill.

Muppets is another thing that could use an update. It would be really nice if they added the new movies into the show as well. There is a lot in DHS that could be better with just a short refurb. After that we had to start heading over to Sci-Fi Dine in for our late lunch ADR.

Up Next: Drive ins, Dark sides, and Donald

I totally agree with you about refurbing a few attractions at DHS! Hopefully the new additions they make for the Star Wars stuff will spruce up the place a bit. I must admit I'm not sad about Indiana Jones closing and I don't think anyone is sad to see American Idol go. I do wish they'd update the GMR though. As long as they don't add anything "Frozen" to it. Haha! You are right, it's hard to get away from it.

I hope the rain stays light and away from you.

I totally agree with you about refurbing a few attractions at DHS! Hopefully the new additions they make for the Star Wars stuff will spruce up the place a bit. I must admit I'm not sad about Indiana Jones closing and I don't think anyone is sad to see American Idol go. I do wish they'd update the GMR though. As long as they don't add anything "Frozen" to it. Haha! You are right, it's hard to get away from it. I hope the rain stays light and away from you.

Well Indiana jones isn't leaving official yet that was just a rumor, but I wouldn't mind it leaving either. We never really had long downpours or anything that bothered our trip everything was light and short which was great!

I will try to get an update out tomorrow it also appears that photo bucket has notified me that I have exceeded bandwidth for the month and Its supposed to reset tomorrow that why my images aren't showing.

We had a late lunch ADR for Sci-Fi Dine-In. This would be our first time going to the Dine-In but had heard a lot about it. Check-in was kind of crazy I think they really should open up that area or have a new process with maybe some more seating. Once inside and sitting at our table everything was fine.

I had the way back and doesn't everyone just look thrilled in this picture haha!

I don't have food pictures because of the lighting in the restaurant but everyone did like there food and had no complaints. It was a cool experience and definitely something I would do again.

After some food we headed to Toy Story Midway Mania for our FP+.

It was great as always. I think I won I am not completely sure though my arm was tired after though that was for sure. We saw a Frozen photo op so we took advantage.

Next we saw Mike and Sulley meeting so we stopped for them.

Character interaction was great! After that fun we headed to Star Tours for our second FP+. It started raining as we walked in.

Darth Vader and Storm Troopers were meeting kids from Jedi Training while we were in line.

I think this ride is great my mom isn't one for these types of rides but did it anyways. Next was the animation courtyard it was still raining so we speed walked over there. We got in line for the character drawing which we discovered on our last trip. We drew Grumpy last time this time it was Donald! The artist/teacher was fantastic had lots of interesting facts about Donald. For instance he was the only disney character enlisted in the army and earned an honorable discharge.

In progress...

And this is my final product! I was very pleased with this way better than my grumpy last year.

Then we decided to hit a character while we were in there. We hadn't met minnie so thats where we went.

My Dad always has some odd photos when we are in Disney for some reason. Again another great character interaction.

Up Next: We get to ride Rockin Rollercoaster on its 15th Bday!

We finally headed for our final FP+ and our first ride on Rockin Roller coaster. After we got back to our hotel that night I had seen on Facebook that it was RnR's 15th Birthday! So now I can say that I rode it on that day! My dad sat this out but everyone else went on.

This has to be my all time favorite ride photo!

After that we got something to eat at the QS spot outside the ride. They had Olaf cupcakes as dessert so we got a couple. I can't seem to find a picture of it though. Next we got in line for fantasmic and they said standing room only with like 30 minutes before the show even was let in. I thought that was crazy, luckily we got some seat right at the top but it was definitely packed in there.

I took more photos of Fantasmic but none of them really turned out. The show let out with perfect timing for the Frozen Fireworks. We headed to find a spot for that and ended up at the end of Hollywood boulevard. These fireworks were quite stunning and then they had snow at the end (it was really just soap bubbles).

The fireworks were amazing and we had a blast in the Frozen Summer Fun even though it was not frozen at all, it was probably 97. We were done with DHS after that it was time to head back to the beautiful POR. It was actually very nice having the morning relaxing and then coming to a park for the afternoon. It was so nice we decided to do it again the next day!

Up Next: Tigger wants a Selfie!

A little late, but I'm definitely subbing. It's always great to see the World from the perspective of different age groups. So, it's a lot of fun reading from a teenager's perspective.

Looks like you had a great trip, and I can't wait until next year when we get to go back.

Been reading your trip report and enjoying it so much!
Thank you for including pics of the Frozen Fireworks... I'm jealous, I want to see them soooo bad :)
You are doing a great job!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

A little late, but I'm definitely subbing. It's always great to see the World from the perspective of different age groups. So, it's a lot of fun reading from a teenager's perspective.

Looks like you had a great trip, and I can't wait until next year when we get to go back.

Thanks for joining in! I am sure you will have a blast next year.

Been reading your trip report and enjoying it so much!
Thank you for including pics of the Frozen Fireworks... I'm jealous, I want to see them soooo bad :)
You are doing a great job!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thanks for reading! The Frozen fireworks were great. I am a fan of the movie but the way people go nuts over the stuff in the park is too much for me. I am hearing they will extend them for the rest of the year maybe or at least some of the things in the event.

Today we had another late start to our day we slept in, and then went to the pool for a bit. I wanted to go check out the Animal Kingdom Lodge because I had never been there before so My dad, Sister (Jordan) and I went there next. My Mom and Sister (Sydnee) stayed at the pool. The three of us took a bus to Animal Kingdom and then a bus to AKL. We checked out both sections Kidani Village and Jambo House.

This resort is simply stunning I really hope to stay here one day. The theming that is in the resort and the animals right outside are just amazing. If I was an adult and had the money this is where my DVC home resort would be.

After that we decided to head to the boardwalk. We took a bus to AK and then to the boardwalk. We had a short time schedule here because we had to be back to POR to get ready to go to MK for our ADR. So we walked around the lobby and then went out to the boardwalk, looked in the stores and walked by the other places before heading back to POR.

I love the boardwalk area as well and would love to stay at that hotel one day or the nearby Yacht and Beach clubs. Once we got back to POR we met my Mom and Sister in the room and got ready to go to MK. Before our ADR at Crystal Palace we took some Photopass photos.

Then we headed for Crystal Palace. Our ADR was for 4:30 and we were seated right on time. When we got inside we saw Tigger before he was going for a break and Tigger wanted a Selfie!

We got seated and got our drinks, then headed for the Buffet!. All of the food was great no complaints with that whatsoever. We also had no complaints with the character interactions. For some reason I don't have Pooh or Tigger photos but I have Piglet and Eeyore ones. We would definitely do this again but maybe try it for breakfast instead.

We loved our early dinner and now it was time to hit some attractions! First here are some photos of the Hub expansion construction.

Up Next: The Blood part...

You're doing such a great job! I'm glad you got to see AKL. Although OKW is our home resort, we've been able to stay at Kidani 3 times, and it's fabulous. Write on ... ;)

We're headed down in 5 weeks and we're staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge in a savanna view room on rented DVC points... :thumbsup2

So, moral of this story is, you don't need money or own DVC to stay at Animal Kingdom... Just rent DVC points... For us, it's cheaper than staying at a Moderate resort...

And no, we're not setting foot in a Disney park... :scared1: We're doing Legoland and Universal/Island of Adventure...

Crazy, I know... But my family doesn't love Disney like I do... I just don't get it... :confused3

You're doing such a great job! I'm glad you got to see AKL. Although OKW is our home resort, we've been able to stay at Kidani 3 times, and it's fabulous. Write on ... ;)

Thanks! I will stay at AKL someday.

What a great ride photo!!! :thumbsup2

Thank you! It was a great ride.

We're headed down in 5 weeks and we're staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge in a savanna view room on rented DVC points... :thumbsup2

So, moral of this story is, you don't need money or own DVC to stay at Animal Kingdom... Just rent DVC points... For us, it's cheaper than staying at a Moderate resort...

And no, we're not setting foot in a Disney park... :scared1: We're doing Legoland and Universal/Island of Adventure...

Crazy, I know... But my family doesn't love Disney like I do... I just don't get it... :confused3

We did look into renting or at least I told my mom about it but we decided POR was the best option for us this time.

Have fun at Universal and Legoland we have never done either we've always been Disney people.

After our dinner at Crystal Palace we headed to Tomorrowland and Laugh Floor.

We were the lucky ones who got the red card.

Then we headed towards Fantasyland my Sisters and I rode the teacups and got the red card again! My parents aren't into the spinning much so that sat out.

We went to check out Gaston's Tavern and the gift shop after that.

And then while in the Tavern my nose just started dripping blood and wouldn't stop! So I headed to the bathroom and tried to stop it and finally after about 20 minutes or so I did. We looked at the time then and it was time for our FP+ for Mine Train so we headed over.

My Dad was excited :lmao:

I was lucky enough to get an entire car to myself!

The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is a great new ride definitely one of my new favorites. The animatronics are some of the best in WDW.

Next was a ride on Dumbo!

After Dumbo we headed to get a treat in the Big top we got Olaf Marshmallow things. We ate them and My Dad and I headed for our Big Thunder while my Mom and sisters headed to Anna and Elsa.

We met at Casey's Corner for a snack before Wishes.

Then it was time to get a spot for Celebrate the Magic and Wishes!

Wishes!

After that great show, we headed to Space mountain for our final FP+.

My Mom looks thrilled Haha.

On the way out we did some shopping and caught the Main Street Electrical Parade!

This was our last full day and it was a great one I can't believe this TR is nearing an end already only a few more posts.

Up Next: Blood part 2 and a morning in the MK

I hope to get the next update out this weekend. It has been a very busy week. We are also getting ready to start full on planning our January trip!

Hello, its been a busy couple of weeks but I am back to finish out this TR.

In my last update I forgot to put in the photopass photos that we got at night.

That wrapped up our last night in WDW. I really wish I could spend every night there much better than nights in Wisconsin even with the heat. We headed back to POR so we could get up early for our last morning in WDW.

We woke up around 7 am and started packing up all of our things because unfortunately it was departure day. After we finished getting our things together we took our luggage down to Bell services so they could take care of it. Then is was off to use our final QS credits at the Riverside Mill. We made sure we ate enough for now and then set off for one last morning in the MK. This is where Blood part 2 comes in. I blow my nose and it just starts dripping blood like crazy again. Luckily the MK bus took a while to get there and that I got it stopped just as it pulled up. We got to the MK just after 9:30. I had a FP for POTC set up for us.

After some fun with Captain Jack we had a FP for a mission to mars!

This is my youngest sisters favorite ride and she loves the front row luckily she finally got it this time.

I need to teach the rest of the family to look when they take your picture.

My sister wanted a Mickey pretzel this entire trip so we used a snack credit to get one.

We saw Buzz was meeting and the line wasn't too bad so we headed over for a photo with him.

Next it was time to defeat Evil Emperor Zurg!

I don't know what my sister was doing.

Then there was my mom with another weird face on the ride photo. They should have a ride photo contest my mom might win one. We can all laugh about it for years to come thanks to memory maker.

After Buzz we got some smoothies in tomorrowland and started the dreaded walk out...

Up Next: We gotta use up those snack credits!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter