Blizzard Beach in January?

have2getaway

DIS Veteran
Is Blizzard Beach open in January? Also, I have have been to Disney 1/2 a dozen times and never went to the water parks. We have a complimentary ticket with our package, but is it worth it to go? We are staying at Beach Club for part of our trip and Poly the other park, so figured if it was nice, we would just enjoy the pools at our resorts.

Is Blizzard Beach open in January? Also, I have have been to Disney 1/2 a dozen times and never went to the water parks. We have a complimentary ticket with our package, but is it worth it to go? We are staying at Beach Club for part of our trip and Poly the other park, so figured if it was nice, we would just enjoy the pools at our resorts.

One of the two water parks will be open in the winter.
It can vary as to which WP will be open on which dates.
(They refurb one as the other is open,
then they tend to swap at some point.)

If the temperatures are at least in the 50's and the sun is out, you will find many guests
at the water park and at the hotel pools. (All have heated water.)

FYI, BB's refurbishment schedule this year is 10/28/2018 - 1/5/2019, so you'll be good to go for most of January.

It will close if it's especially cold.

We're water park fans - so if it's warm enough, you'd find us there in Jan.

Have fun!

Although I should add (and you probably know this already), since you’re at Beach Club, you have among the best resort pools in Storm Along Bay. If the weather is marginal (meaning, kind of warm enough but not totally perfect for swimming), I’d probably opt for just sticking around the resort vs venturing out to BB.

I’ve been a few times in Jan & Feb where I didn’t mind being IN the water, but getting out was another story - so not ideal water park weather.

I was there in January once and it was cold, BUT it was unseasonably cold that time. Record lows and the such. I was also there at the end of January/beginning of February and it was mild, only 2 days that I'd want to venture to the pool but it was still nice enough to sit by the pool if not go in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter