Blizzard Beach Do Over - "The Bestest Day Ever!!!! HORRAY FOR HOLLYWOOD! NEW 06/12 Pg 19 and 20

Tammie,

I'd read your update a while back, but am just now finding time to really respond. 13 days!! til Graduation!

Tickled with your balloon ride! FINALLY! You really get a great view from way up there.

Soooo... you went to Teppan Edo. LOL!!! "Off Base". So funny! :rotfl2:Speaking of which... anyone in your acquaintances ever stationed at Anderson on Guam??

Tammie,

I'd read your update a while back, but am just now finding time to really respond. 13 days!! til Graduation!

Tickled with your balloon ride! FINALLY! You really get a great view from way up there.

Soooo... you went to Teppan Edo. LOL!!! "Off Base". So funny! :rotfl2:Speaking of which... anyone in your acquaintances ever stationed at Anderson on Guam??

Yay 13 days!!!!! BIG CONGRATS!!!! You have worked so hard, and you are almost there!

It was great we finally got to do the balloon, sad that Dana didn't enjoy it.

It is funny we went to a similar place, but soooo much cheaper for the same experience. :goodvibes It was also very relaxing. Actually, we had 4 one park a day tickets so with the water park add on, so we didn't have as many options for heading to parks for meals, but we made it work!

Yes, speaking of Off Base - I have talked to peeps who were stationed at Anderson. Most really liked it! Pass along to your kids that it is always what you make it. Take time to explore, learn the culture, try new foods, have fun, go to the beach. I had Jim's boss tell us when we were headed to Okinawa, "One, day you will be laying on the beach, sipping a Pina Colada and you will look around and thank the US Govt. for giving you this fabulous vacation!" :goodvibes If you are going there, you may find that you can go to Hawaii, then head over to Guam from there. Any news on the wedding front?

Finally getting caught up!!!

An off base dinner with an interesting cab ride. Must have been really close since a cab ride from SSR to AKL was $20.00 for me.

Nice on being able to catch characters in flight but poor Dana. I am glad she survived. I hope once she got back down to earth she didn't have any lasting effects and was able to enjoy the rest of the evening.

It was pretty much just across the street from SSR. It's just that through property and then across the hotel property added up to a lot of extra steps for already tired feet. It was worth the $10!

Again, I can't multi-quote. What am I doing wrong :confused3

I'm FINALLY all caught up!!!!

I love reading about your grandkids! I can't wait to go to the parks with my kids and experiencing it through their eyes.

I didn't know you lived in Japan for 3+ years. Can you still speak some Japanese? I had the opportunity to travel there and it may be my favourite country to visit.

You had so many DISmeets this trip. That sounds like so much fun!

Hmmm, that Kitchen Sink actually looks smaller than I thought it was...Maybe I'll try to make an ADR and we'll see how my family feels when we get there :confused3

You're already at the end of your trip but I just got here, haha.

Hey Yuki! I'm glad you are all caught up - now I can post an update tomorrow! It is the best seeing Disney through your kids and grandkids' eyes.

I really never learned much Japanese - but I do still remember a few words and phrases. Japan is wonderful. The people are the best, and the beaches in Oki were fabulous!

It was great to have so many DISmeets! I don't think I've ever really had them work out before at the parks, and I got to have a bunch this time! One more threesome to come!

The kitchen sink is not as big as it used to be, but still ALOT of dessert! :rotfl2: I'm thinking you will all be able to do it. You do pretty much need an ADR, though. It is a long wait for a table, and you can't order it outside at the little window.

Better late then never! :flower1:

So what did you do while the old people napped?

:dancer:

Wanted something off base... then basically picks Teppan Edo... :lmao:

It was a convenient choice - and much cheaper for the same experience!

Ha. Karma.

upload_2016-5-29_14-19-15.png His name is Sharma, not Karma - but close.

Can't get away from it huh?
Everyone wants in on the fun

:laughing: Well, that certainly explains it!

Sweet!

Oh dear. Why didn't she stay on Terra Firma then?

I think she was determined to be a trooper.

I'm sure all this was just what Dana needed to hear.

Awww, the poor thing.

It made me feel so bad.

:sad2: Very typical of us man types.

:laughing:

Don't know why, but that just tickles my funny bone.

A white Donna Summer, Disney Springs evening?

Maybe I have my seasons all mixed up.

Man, that really sounds nice.

You can't beat Disney ambiance

Boo! To the last day. But Yay! for DISmeets!

Hopefully I will get it up tomorrow.

My job is done here........now I guess I should head over to my own TR and do the same! :rolleyes1 :blush:

Nice to get a bargain! :rotfl:

It worked out for us!

:banana: What a great follow up to your bestest day!

It was a "bestest evening"

Haven't done this yet, but it seems that doing it at night with all the lights would provide quite a wonderful sight! :thumbsup2
It was beautiful! I think it would be cool to see the lay of the land in the daylight too.

Oh my! I hate Dana had to go through all of that.......and I know you are too! :eek:

Yes, it made me feel pretty bad that she went through that just to be a trooper.

Yes, speaking of Off Base - I have talked to peeps who were stationed at Anderson. Most really liked it! Pass along to your kids that it is always what you make it. Take time to explore, learn the culture, try new foods, have fun, go to the beach. I had Jim's boss tell us when we were headed to Okinawa, "One, day you will be laying on the beach, sipping a Pina Colada and you will look around and thank the US Govt. for giving you this fabulous vacation!" :goodvibes If you are going there, you may find that you can go to Hawaii, then head over to Guam from there. Any news on the wedding front?

If he does manage to get out, I"m sure he really will like it. He's already sent us a link to this beach/cove he wants to go to.

I'm over-the-moon-excited to go and visit him!! Might be stopping in Thailand or Japan, or maybe Indonesia...??? Of course, Australia is pretty cool looking too.

I will copy and paste this over to Andrew, and see if that helps him get his exploration bug lit up. I believe they are still planning the wedding for November, and he told us the other day he'll be requesting leave soon for that. So as far as I know, it's a go. :D

Really cool that you went up in Characters in Flight, and I'm glad that your grandkids enjoyed it. Sorry that Dana didn't enjoy it so much. Sounds like she was a trouper though.

Lots of laughter, I love it! I have the last day done, just need time to get the pucs together. Thanks for sticking with me!

Lots of laughter, I love it! I have the last day done, just need time to get the pucs together. Thanks for sticking with me!

"pucs" is spelled "pucks". I'm Canadian. I know all about hockey.

Well, Well. Looks like tomorrow was 6 weeks ago. I have an excuse. I was launched into outerspace to do research for the new attractions at SWL and was put into hyper-sleep. I have just awoken, and the first thing I did was run to my computer to update my DIS readers! No? Well I tried. Actually it is just a lot of life, and I have been busy or exhausted. Right now we are in the middle of a move because the house we are renting is being sold, and we don't want to buy it. So we are moving to a condo where we can have a shorter lease time should we be ready to make a move, like move or buy a house. I have my update written, just didn't feel ready to search for the pics. So continued in next post.....

HOORAY FOR HOLLYWOOD!! AND DISMEETS!!!

Today was our last day, so we were excited for the adventures ahead, but also sad. I hate seeing that envelope laying on the table, the one that screams, "IT IS ALMOST TIME FOR YOU TO GET OUT!!!!!" :guilty: But we set that aside and decided to treasure our last day with our kids and grandsons.

Today was our DHS day, and a big Star Wars day for us, as well as a big day to meet some of my favorite peeps on the DIS!!!
Our itinerary looked like this:

Rope Drop – 9am

RNRC – 9:06

TOT – FP

TSM – FP

Disney Animation

Min & Bill’s Dockside Diner

Jedi Training – 11:32

Star Tours

Indiana Jones

Mama Melrose – Fantasmic Pkg

TGMR

Muppet Vision

Fantasmic!

How do you think we did? Well, let’s find out:

We seemed to be dragging just a bit on this last morning, so we waited for a little bit for a bus. The result was that we missed RD by just a couple of minutes, but still not too bad. We headed over to RNRC right away, planning to get signed up for the Jedi Training after doing the first two rides. On our trip the year before, it was no problem getting signed up at 10 am. Duhn! Duhn! Duhn!

We stopped for some entry photos - one above, and this fun one:

upload_2016-7-17_21-18-59.png

RNRC with Child Swap was no problem this trip. Look at Mason's face. Okay, look at my face too.

upload_2016-7-17_21-21-43.png

A couple more times thanks to the Child swap and RD

upload_2016-7-17_21-24-33.png
This one is the best one of Mason!!!
upload_2016-7-17_21-25-12.png

Off to TOT for these three: upload_2016-7-17_21-15-18.png
I was perfectly happy to sit this one out. I'm not sure where Ryan went, but Evan and Gramma decided we needed to do a little shopping for a gift to bring back for Mase. We found a Big Hero 6 playset. Evan decided Oswald needed to go home with us. Wow! First toy that wasn’t a Yeti in a long time! Oswald still had to share the spotlight with a Yeti upload_2016-7-17_21-12-11.png
I see they did this one twice - look at Mason's face! :rotfl2:

upload_2016-7-17_21-17-38.png

upload_2016-7-17_21-19-24.png

Now I see where Ryan was - he came along in case Mason had to take the chicken exit - Apparently Mason did not want to ride a second time.
Meeting up with everyone else, we hot footed it to the Theatre at the front of the park to get the boys signed up for Jedi Training Academy. YIKES! There was a Loooong line of hopeful young padiwans. I had made a promise to be on the lookout for a Cinderella popcorn carriage for a DIS friend, and we decided Miss Londynn would like one with something special in it for her birthday coming up in July, so Jim went over to the popcorn stand and came back with two of them, one strap over each shoulder.

944056_10208429528643886_4409287301581040680_n.jpg

This was after she had it home for awhile and Elsa commandeered it.
One had caramel corn, and one was plain popcorn. I think we saved it to eat during Fantasmic! Because we were just hot and not very hungry today. How did the sign up go? Well, our young ones got all the way up to 2nd from the front of the line – in fact they had moved back and let someone in front of them at the door – that very person got the LAST spot. They had gotten their interview and were told that they would be the first two on standby in case of a no show. They were to come back every hour during the day (or something like that) to see if they could get in. As we were leaving, the CM stated, “I think you will be successful – the Force is strong with these two.”

I will leave you wondering here - Did your young Padiwans get the opportunity to become Jedi trainees?

Are you kidding?! The first in stand by... Because they were nice? That's tough to swallow. Anxious to now hear whether or not they actually got in.

So far you're doing well! Only a little off track, but not much. Yay!!

Last day and you still nearly made rope drop! Well done on that one, lady!

All those ride pics are awesome. Love the look on the little guy's face in them. But what is wrong ...... I mean, you let people take your spot and you are cut out???? I really hope the force was with you and the boys got to do their training.

And btw. don't tell me about life getting in the way. ;) I have been on vacation for a week now and all I got done was changing things around for our trip instead of updating my TR. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter