Black & White Disney photos and pages...

zakatak

<font color=deeppink>Cinderella looked at me like
Ok, this subject has tweaked my interest... I love shooting black & white but never considered it for Disney which is so colorful. I also just found out that Advantix makes a Black & White film so I could have it in my "spare" camera, not my regular Nikon 6006 (heavy) camera. Sooooo....

Does anyone have any examples of B&W Disney photos? Could you mat with colors instead of nuetrals (which is how I usually mat my B&W)? This sounds interesting!

Also, would you shoot scenery or mostly characters w/people?

Thanks!

Karen

P.S. THANKS for all the other suggestions!

i shot a roll of black and white of my DD dance recital. Not the same as Disney but some really neat looking shots. The one thing I would do if I did it over again. Play extra when developing. Go to a store that hand developes black and white. I didn't I just took it to the Acme and they sent it away. The colors weren't as crisp as they should have been.

This is one reason I like my digital camera. I can take a color shot and then save it as both color and black and white. Dw and I both like B&W's a lot. Seems to add elegance to a photo, but not sure how Disney photos would look. I hope someone posts some examples.

Thank you very much for sharing! Those pictures are very nice, but I still like the colors of Disney, so I will stick to my color film, but use the digital to experiment with Black & White.

Thanks!

Karen

That is so kewl! It gives a totally different feel and view of Disney!
I just realized my mom's digital I have been using has this same feature! Look out I see lots of pics in my future while my camera is being repaired....

You can take the color picture with the digital & use the computer to change it to B&W. That way, you get both if you don't like just the B&W.

I was playing around in PhotoShop the other night, trying to learn some new features. I took a pic of DH & I seated with the statue of Goofy when you enter MK. I turned the photo B&W....and then selected just DH & I....and made it back to color. It's cool. Since I'm still learning it.... I need to get better with the selection (outlining) feature.

Karen, I'm so glad you stared this thread! I just bought a little Advantix on clearance w/the b&w film specifically to do my "Disney B&W" trip! And Hope, thanks for sharing the link to your pictures. It really is a whole different perspective!! :teeth:

Let me see if I can find the b&w layouts I saw on 2Peas -- they were done on muted sei papers. I'll come back and post the links if I saved them to my Book of Scraps there...

Another thing that you can do that looks great with black and white photos is to get the special pens for hand coloring photographs and just add touches of colors to the photo which then you could match up the mat colors to.

Also- I use to work in a photo lab for many years - If you get your pictures back and they are too light or too dark, ask if they will make adjustments and redo the problem ones. Most one hour labs will do this without any problem. If they won't, then maybe it's time to find a different lab. Not all problems can be fixed, but certainly some can.

Here is a couple from our last trip I just converted from digital using Image Station...

fbef5bc4.jpg

fbef5b6c.jpg

What do you think?

Karen

Those look cool, Karen!!

And I found the link to the Disney b&w pages that are done on the soft-colored sei papers. They're in the Creating Garden at twopeasinabucket.com

http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/garden.asp

Hopefully, the above link will take you to the Garden. If you go in today (the 13th), click on the "See the Latest" link on the left, then where it asks you to "Show Me the Seeds Sprouted in ...... Days" enter 14 -- that will take you back to June 1. Scroll down; there are several Disney layouts by Melissa Baxter about halfway down in the gallery. There will also be several color layouts, too.

On our last trip to Disney, I decided that I wanted to try out Black and White film. The pictures came out so good, that our local Disney Store Manager decided to do the same thing on her trip!!

I especially loved the way the buildings came out, the detail was so crisp and clear down Main Street, and at EPCOT!!!!!

On this particular trip we brought both color and B & W film so we would have some of each.

I have framed about 50 of them in simple 5x7 black frames and hung them as a set in my girls bathroom, looks real nice!!!

I suggest you give it a try, you will be very surprised.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter