black friday Target. buy $50 get coupon for 20% off

In the past I’m pretty sure games have always been excluded. I use this coupon for groceries and toiletries. Nothing else I would buy is ever included.

I got two of them and will use it for pet food (canned fancy feast for one of my cats - she likes the more expensive one so I stock up on Target sales) and paper towels and TP if it goes on sale during the time period. I was lucky enough to get the doorbusters I wanted on Friday morning, but I had to go to two Targets.

Oh ok... and yes, that is a fairly recent change.
It's true you can no longer buy an "entertainment card" with a Target Gift card. I haven't paid attention to how long thats been (Im a Target employee) but its been pretty recently.

Really??? Are you sure???
I just bought $600 worth of Disney gift cards with $600 worth of Target gift cards in store today. Absolutely no problems.

Really??? Are you sure???
I just bought $600 worth of Disney gift cards with $600 worth of Target gift cards in store today. Absolutely no problems.

I think it's online where the change took place. No gift cards at all (including Target) can be bought online with a gift card. I'm not sure about in store, though, since I use the Red Card for that. Sounds like it's still possible, even if not encouraged.

I think it's online where the change took place. No gift cards at all (including Target) can be bought online with a gift card. I'm not sure about in store, though, since I use the Red Card for that. Sounds like it's still possible, even if not encouraged.
Yes, I know that, but the Target employee I quoted was specifically taking about in store purchases.

I used mine this morning in store. Saved nearly $90 woo hoo! The only thing that I missed in the fine print was that it doesn't stack with other coupons. I thought that I was getting a great deal using some of my % off cartwheel coupons but it doesn't let you use both and automatically chooses the best discount for you during check out.

I used mine this morning in store. Saved nearly $90 woo hoo! The only thing that I missed in the fine print was that it doesn't stack with other coupons. I thought that I was getting a great deal using some of my % off cartwheel coupons but it doesn't let you use both and automatically chooses the best discount for you during check out.
I used mine last night and save 40.00. I also used several cartwheels on candy and food and all of them worked with the 20% off.

Good morning. I am just confirming that the Disney cards are now gift cards and will not work with this coupon? I am heading out in a bit to stock up on nonparishables for the year and would love to add a few Disney cards to it.

Good morning. I am just confirming that the Disney cards are now gift cards and will not work with this coupon? I am heading out in a bit to stock up on nonparishables for the year and would love to add a few Disney cards to it.
No they won’t. Never have with this deal.

Last year it took any manufacturer Coupons and cartwheels off first and then you got 20% off the remaining price. Are you sure it didn’t give you any discount on things you had coupons for?

Last year it took any manufacturer Coupons and cartwheels off first and then you got 20% off the remaining price. Are you sure it didn’t give you any discount on things you had coupons for?

That's how it worked for the Cyber Monday 15%, the 15% was calculated subtracting all discounts including FWP gift cards. So effectively I only got about 10% off my CM order. Since both promos had the same language I assumed the 20% should do the same thing. I'll find out for sure later this week. @cariann77 is it possible the Cartwheel app was stupid and just didn't pick up your items? That still happens to me a lot, even when I buy the exact item shown in the picture!

I am heading to my store this afternoon to make a few toy purchases along with some grocery items. However, one of the toys is only available online. Any way to still get my 20% off on that one?

I am heading to my store this afternoon to make a few toy purchases along with some grocery items. However, one of the toys is only available online. Any way to still get my 20% off on that one?

You could hope they didn't tie an individual bar code to the promo code on each coupon. I assume the in store trip would be more lucrative than the single toy, so barring other options you could copy down the online promo code, use your coupon in store and then see if the online promo code is still good after. But I'd assume you get a one shot and be pleasantly surprised if not.

Or find a friend that's got a coupon and shop together :) Use one in store and use the other online then split the bills.

You could hope they didn't tie an individual bar code to the promo code on each coupon. I assume the in store trip would be more lucrative than the single toy, so barring other options you could copy down the online promo code, use your coupon in store and then see if the online promo code is still good after. But I'd assume you get a one shot and be pleasantly surprised if not.

Or find a friend that's got a coupon and shop together :) Use one in store and use the other online then split the bills.
The barcodes are specific to individual coupon. My husband and I each got one and they have different barcodes

The only thing that I missed in the fine print was that it doesn't stack with other coupons. I thought that I was getting a great deal using some of my % off cartwheel coupons but it doesn't let you use both and automatically chooses the best discount for you during check out.
I hope this isn't the case. I have a huge list based on cartwheel + 20% off.

The barcodes are specific to individual coupon. My husband and I each got one and they have different barcodes

In years past I've been able to use the coupon once in store and once online. They may have closed that loophole but it's worth a shot!

Warning: If you connect your Red Card to the new Wallet in the app it will total out and charge your card when you scan for Cartwheel before you get a chance to use your coupon. A visit to Customer Service fixed it but now I have to watch for the first charge to drop off. Not a big deal for me but it might be for some.

I stocked up on toilet paper, toothpaste, feminine products, deodorant, laundry soap, tape, dog food and some random little things thrown in. I had intended to look for stocking stuffers and got sucked into the Christmas Shop. Before I knew I had tinsel trees (one blue, one pink) complete with mini skirts, ornaments, garland, lights and snowflakes for toppers in my cart.

My original total was $350 before sale prices and gift card promos. After Cartwheel and the coupon it was $205 and I have $20 in gift cards in my pocket. As far as I can tell they took the 20% off the total after Cartwheel/Sales/Coupons. Roughly $270 and the coupon shows as -$53 and some change so the math is right.

In years past I've been able to use the coupon once in store and once online. They may have closed that loophole but it's worth a shot!
I am trying this today, I will report back if no one has. I have 3 other coupons I can use, but I am trying to save them.
Super annoyed at Target, the coffee maker I wanted to get yesterday went from $99 on Monday to $148 yesterday when the coupon was active. Today it's back to $98, after I did a huge run last night with my 20% off.

Edited to add, I just did it. Used the code from the 20% off coupon I scanned yesterday, and it took 20% off my online order. So I still have 3 more to use :-)

Last edited:
I hope this isn't the case. I have a huge list based on cartwheel + 20% off.

I analyzed my receipt and finally figured out how the discount was applied. It was applied to the original price before the cartwheel! For example, ghiradelli chocolate bars were 3.19 with a 50% cartwheel. Making them 1.59. The 20% coupon came off the 3.19 price so .64 off. Then I still got the 1.59 off for cartwheel so total price was .95. I verified it did this on all my cartwheel discounts.

One of the best deals I got was the hormel meat/cheese party trays. They are 10.99. There is also a 25% cartwheel and a 3.00 coupon stuck to it. 20% off = 2.18 25% off = 2.75 and 3.00 coupon = 3.06 before tax. They are dated until February.

So mad! I planned on using my 20% coupon combined with gift cards on a go pro for my DH's xmas gift. Guess what I the coupon can't be used on? Go Pros. :mad:

DD used the 20% off coupon in store last week and again last night online. It worked both times. She took a picture of it before using it in store so she would have the numbers to enter online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter