black friday Target. buy $50 get coupon for 20% off

Well oddly, the register at my Target would NOT let me use a Target gift card towards iTunes gift cards. I’ve done it a million times before and have never had that happen. The clerk claimed the 20% off coupons were tied to my Red Card but that seems unlikely. In any case she would not give me a second coupon. Which is cool, I didn’t argue either situation. However, I did have a coupon in my email when I got home from an order I canceled.

I used a gift card to buy target gift cards for dd’s swim coaches. I figured I could use the 20% off coupon on groceries and cleaning supplies. Everything else I would want is excluded.

I used a gift card to buy target gift cards for dd’s swim coaches. I figured I could use the 20% off coupon on groceries and cleaning supplies. Everything else I would want is excluded.
You used a Target gift card for Target gift cards?

I always use my 20% coupon for house/cleaning supplies as well.

You used a Target gift card for Target gift cards?

I always use my 20% coupon for house/cleaning supplies as well.
Yep. Had a $70 target gift card. Bought three smaller target gift cards totaling $55. Cashier handed me coupon. Only cost to me was my time in the line.

Yep. Had a $70 target gift card. Bought three smaller target gift cards totaling $55. Cashier handed me coupon. Only cost to me was my time in the line.
Huh, and mine wouldn’t let me use one on iTunes cards which I have done for years. It’s the only time I ever recall not being able to use a Target gift card on something.

Huh, and mine wouldn’t let me use one on iTunes cards which I have done for years. It’s the only time I ever recall not being able to use a Target gift card on something.
Cashier wouldn’t let you or register?

Cashier wouldn’t let you or register?
Could it be because you did the B1G1 30% off?

For example, you would think (2) $25 iTunes cards would equal $50 and earn the coupon. But today you only pay $42.50 for those gift cards... and that itself wouldn't hit the $50 threshold.

Could it be because you did the B1G1 30% off?

For example, you would think (2) $25 iTunes cards would equal $50 and earn the coupon. But today you only pay $42.50 for those gift cards... and that itself wouldn't hit the $50 threshold.
I think @wenrob was saying she couldn’t pay for her iTunes gift card with a target gift card, not that she didn’t get a coupon.

I think @wenrob was saying she couldn’t pay for her iTunes gift card with a target gift card, not that she didn’t get a coupon.
Oh ok... and yes, that is a fairly recent change.
It's true you can no longer buy an "entertainment card" with a Target Gift card. I haven't paid attention to how long thats been (Im a Target employee) but its been pretty recently.

Certainly you can still buy a Target gift card with a Target gift card. (For example collecting up your $5 and $10 promo gift cards to buy a pretty $50 gift card

Oh ok... and yes, that is a fairly recent change.
It's true you can no longer buy an "entertainment card" with a Target Gift card. I haven't paid attention to how long thats been (Im a Target employee) but its been pretty recently..

I was able to buy Disney GC with Target GC this past week at one store, but unable to do it today at a different store

I was able to buy Disney GC with Target GC this past week at one store, but unable to do it today at a different store
We upgraded an iphone and a samsung galaxy today and got $550 free in target gift cards....which I then went through and used to buy $550 in Disney gift cards successfully. Bought my son a 7 day PH for our next trip with the free $$ - and had almost $55 left over!! Totally worth the 5 hour wait for the phones lol.

Well oddly, the register at my Target would NOT let me use a Target gift card towards iTunes gift cards. I’ve done it a million times before and have never had that happen. The clerk claimed the 20% off coupons were tied to my Red Card but that seems unlikely. In any case she would not give me a second coupon. Which is cool, I didn’t argue either situation. However, I did have a coupon in my email when I got home from an order I canceled.

Yeah, so not true on the clerk's part...we upgraded 2 phones today. They had to do one at a time, so as 2 separate transactions, each of which I paid the taxes on using my red card....and got a coupon each time. Then we went and used our $300 and $250 free target gcards to do 2 separate self ckout transactions buying Disney gift cards and I had a couple other items on one of those transactions and used my redcard for the difference. Got another coupon for each of those 2 transactions.

Yeah, so not true on the clerk's part...we upgraded 2 phones today. They had to do one at a time, so as 2 separate transactions, each of which I paid the taxes on using my red card....and got a coupon each time. Then we went and used our $300 and $250 free target gcards to do 2 separate self ckout transactions buying Disney gift cards and I had a couple other items on one of those transactions and used my redcard for the difference. Got another coupon for each of those 2 transactions.
Oh yeah, no doubt. I really had no reason to argue about it though. I’d only planned on using one and if it happens I need a second I’ll use the one I got in email.

I know it said XBox One is excluded. Any idea if that is just the console or the games too?

I know it said XBox One is excluded. Any idea if that is just the console or the games too?

I asked that same question at Guest Services right after I got my coupon. They said that since it didn't say "and accessories" or similar language that it was just the console. We shall see...

I asked that same question at Guest Services right after I got my coupon. They said that since it didn't say "and accessories" or similar language that it was just the console. We shall see...
In the past I’m pretty sure games have always been excluded. I use this coupon for groceries and toiletries. Nothing else I would buy is ever included.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter