Black Friday Buddies for the Best Black Friday 07!!MORE BEST BUY DOORBUSTERS POSTED

Not trying to add a little coal in the stockings of you BF shoppers, but Im in retail and on Wednesday we marked the reg. prices up 30-40% and then put those items on sale for 50!

PS3 for 499.99 LOL it was 399.99 with free movies the week prior! Flat panel TVs were all cheaper the week prior. Amazon has two HDTV sony XBR4 and Samsung LTN4071 Cheaper than all the stores WITH FREE SHIPPING!

The kicker is that the small print "limited supply"...means just that..If your not at the store at midnight AND #1 thru 10 in line forget it!

BF is the biggest rip off and a horrible day to shop!

hint: Do like last year and shop the week of XMAS.....Retailers panic do to the low numbers and put up some amazing sales (that are not marked up)!! If you remember seeing each store had atleast 30% off. They want to beat last years Holiday numbers and the push happens right b4 XMAS. Good Luck and God Bless! Have a happy Holiday!!:santa:

I thought BF had great deals and am VERY happy with what we got for what we paid.
Bottom line is to know your prices and be organized.

Canada dollar VS US dollar ....yeah you probably saved quite a bit. Knowing prices and being organized is key I agree!

Quick Question: you traveled 2 hours with these gas prices and booked a hotel all to shop on BF. Wow !! I realize for some BF is a tradition but after reading several of these horror stories....and knowing what I do...It makes me glad that I own a computer and shop online LOL or use my 30% discount retail after BF.

i think you vibes worked
:thumbsup2

Did good here too. Wal *Mart was open...soooooooooo NO waiting outside in the cold.:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 Got everything on my list (but the cheap 7.50 jeans...they only had them in 28 inseams & lower :confused3 ) and the DVD Video Camera, had to wait on a special line for that, but I was 4th...so :thumbsup2
Arrived at WM at 4:30, was out by 5:30am!:thumbsup2

Then went to the opening of TARGET! :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: Very unorganized. You had to wait in line, to wait in line to get on a line for Electronics! Then you had to wait on a line to get on a check out line to pay. I only got about 1/3 of my list there...BUT I did get my BIG items (Wii games for $20 & $30 off :thumbsup2 ) and Playdoh Sets for $5 :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Arrived at 5:50, was out at 7:30 :eek:

Arrived at Best Buy at 7:45, walked in and out by 7:47 they had not ONE thing on my list left by then.:confused3 :headache:

Packed it in and called it a morning!:cool1:

best purchase on black friday buddies? mine was the kodak camera from walmart, 149.00...love it.

anyone else?

i snapped up three 2 quart crock pots too to cook veggie sides of a day while i'm at work...................... $3.98 each.

Tenia66...Did you pick up the 2GB Kodak SD card for $12.88?

I picked up a two cameras at WalMart - the 89.00/Kodak for DD, and the 149.00/Kodak Z710 from DW for me!:goodvibes

My best purchase was a Sony Cybershot (7.2MP) camera from Circuit City for $99. I just checked circuitcity.com and it's listed for $179 now:cool2:

Also, I bought four 7" digital photo frames from Target for $50. Target.com has them now for $70.

DH got a 22" computer monitor for $169. Now $269 at Circuit City.

I got footies PJ's for the Children's Place for about $4 each.

I have never done black friday but it was fun! We planned everything out days before and got some really good savings. I want to try to make this a yearly tradition but DH is not so sure about that:laughing:

It's not even December and I have most of my shopping done for once!

Canada dollar VS US dollar ....yeah you probably saved quite a bit. Knowing prices and being organized is key I agree!

Quick Question: you traveled 2 hours with these gas prices and booked a hotel all to shop on BF. Wow !! I realize for some BF is a tradition but after reading several of these horror stories....and knowing what I do...It makes me glad that I own a computer and shop online LOL or use my 30% discount retail after BF.

I was thinking the same thing, even with the Canadian dollar vs. the US dollar, how much of the savings paid for gas, time and hotel? Of course if you enjoy it and chalk those cost up to entertainment, that is different. But like I said, the Kohls here definately had extremely jacked up prices before the 50%off. You definately need to know your prices before hand. Jewerly was 60% off, but any given day of the week they have it 50% off. Which brings it down to what it normally should be priced at.

Does anyone have a Steve & Barry's near them? That is like the mecca of good casual clothing deals. I went yesterday and came out with 6 large bagfuls of clothing for $200. I outfitted my kids and a family that we adopted through our church for Christmas gifts. College sweatshirts are $10 - $12 everyday. Shoes (nice ones) are all $15. They still had some doorbusters left yesterday and I got my daughter a whole bunch of hooded zip ups for $2.98. (reg price is only $6.98) That place is like heaven to me.

Tenia66...Did you pick up the 2GB Kodak SD card for $12.88?

I picked up a two cameras at WalMart - the 89.00/Kodak for DD, and the 149.00/Kodak Z710 from DW for me!:goodvibes
i did grab 4 sd cards.....yipee!!!

I started in my home town at 5am when all our doorbusters started (5am) then planned on visiting a neighboring town when all their doorbusters started (6am). DF said to wake him up with me so he could catch some deals. I tried. haha. The only thing he caught that morning were ZZZzzzzs!

I went to Goody's at opening and it was a dead zone, everyone was at walmart. Got my items and used a $10 off $20 purchase coupon that they were handing out at the door, total $38 and was out in 10 minutes.

Then I braved Walmart. Got 1 2QT crockpot for $3.98 and got Ratatouille and Meet the Robinsons for $12 each - a WalMart "Secret Sale" that you only knew about it you checked the website. they were not marked at all and I had doubts about them actually being on sale till I got to the register. Yay! :cool1: Got what I needed from walmart and again was out by 5:30.

Headed out of town, got to Staples at 6:10 and had to wait 10 minutes in line outside for a ticket for the 4Gig jump drive for $17.99. Then went inside and waited 10 more minutes to get my item. Then waited 30 minutes in line to pay for my item. :mad: What a waste.

Then I went to KMart, where they had 4 registers open, including customer service, and no sale prices in their computers.. all had to be looked up in the ad for every purchase. I got my chocolate fountain ($19.99) that I'll be using for my wedding in October and went and stood in line for about 45 minutes. :scared1: Not TOO bad, I know, but I had been in and out of stores earlier that day in just 10 minutes, so it felt like forever. haha.

I had a blast, hope everyone else had a great holiday.

My only BF disappointment was J.C. Penney's opening at 4am! There was no way I could do that! I missed the Disney snow globe this year....the first time I have missed it in I don't know how many years! :sad2: My DD and I have been hitting Penney's on BF and collecting the snow globes for years and this year their opening so early just blew that for us! :guilty:

Well buddies looks like we racked in another good day of black friday bargins!!!! Join me next June to start scouting for black friday bargins!!! HAppy holidays all!!

Does anyone have a Steve & Barry's near them? That is like the mecca of good casual clothing deals. I went yesterday and came out with 6 large bagfuls of clothing for $200. I outfitted my kids and a family that we adopted through our church for Christmas gifts. College sweatshirts are $10 - $12 everyday. Shoes (nice ones) are all $15. They still had some doorbusters left yesterday and I got my daughter a whole bunch of hooded zip ups for $2.98. (reg price is only $6.98) That place is like heaven to me.

I just got a Steve & Barry's I'm in LOVE :love: They still have a whole bunch of stuff for 2.98! Today I got myself an outfit for less than $6! Right now they have the bitten jeans on sale for 9.98 On BF I scored a few sweaters for my oldest daughter for $3 there. :thumbsup2

Tenia66...Thanks to you and everyone who was part of this thread. All of you have made our shopping season much brighter. Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays to all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter