Black friday buddies 2010 unite! BACK FROM THE TRENCHES POST YOUR WAR STORIES!

made it shopping. old navy, jcpennys, childrens place, walmart (twice), kohls, gap, and 3 furniture stores. worse was waiting in line at old navy for 1 hr to check out otherwise didn't wait in the cold this year at all and still got everything on my list. Including my new sectional for the family room. for once I got it all plus no cold wish it worked this way every year!

walmart was a zoo and police had to come deal with two men having issues with each other.

didn't go to target since they had the police there too dealing with an issue. got what i wanted at walmart instead.

now i need my body to catch up on no sleep last night.

This was my first experience with BF shopping in person.

I got my DH an MP3 player at TRU last night...$49 instead of $99...and Night At The Museum DVD for $7.99. Went to bed at midnight.

Woke up at 2:30 and got to Target by 3. Picked up Lego Battles for DS for $7 and the firebowl for $29 (half price) when they opened at 4, and was back in bed by 5.

Saw TANGLED at 11:30 and took a nap after lunch (YEAH!)

Returned the Lego Battles I bought at Kohls for $17 a couple of months ago, at 5:00 today.

I'm satisfied. And I'm done! :cool1:

Staples is supposed to have a 2TB external HD on sale for $69.99 for Cyber Monday. I think their ad for Monday is coming out on Sunday....

Oh man we should've waited!! We ordered the hard drive off Amazon when we came home for $89. Considering we didn't have to pay tax that was only about $16 extra. Would've waited if I had known about this deal, though. We were too trigger happy!! :laughing:

Thanks for the info...

This was my first year shopping online. I was able to get everything Thanksgiving Day! :goodvibes It sure beats standing out in the cold.

My mom and I hit up Old Navy, WalMart, and Target today. I aslo ordered some stuff from the Disney Store online yesterday. We got what we wanted and only have two more people to buy for.

I was impressed at how well everything went this morning. The only place that I experienced chaos was Old Navy because they had no organization when it came to check out lines. Every place else was well organized and it only took us a hal hour in both WalMart and Target.

A couple of notes: although walmart messed me up with their midnite start, it worked well for me to get my stuff since I wasn't after a big ticket doorbuster, so I'm liking that. Hated the lag time between midnite and 4 am for target and 5 am for walmart though. Target was insane and I didnt even try to get in. I have avoided best buy and toys r us for years on black friday, because once you get in, you can't get out. Macys was great. Sears didn't even have stock of one in some of the jewelry items in the flyer, which was just WRONG. I did get home with an overpriced leapster 2 from walmart which i'm going to take back.

Also, pjs are for home not for public. Particularly worn, holey ones.

Apparently everthing can be pierced. And when I say everything, I mean everything. Cause I saw it today.

Low rider jeans need to go out of style quickly, I saw more crack today than an LA cop working drug patrol.

Happy Holidays!

A couple of notes: although walmart messed me up with their midnite start, it worked well for me to get my stuff since I wasn't after a big ticket doorbuster, so I'm liking that. Hated the lag time between midnite and 4 am for target and 5 am for walmart though. Target was insane and I didnt even try to get in. I have avoided best buy and toys r us for years on black friday, because once you get in, you can't get out. Macys was great. Sears didn't even have stock of one in some of the jewelry items in the flyer, which was just WRONG. I did get home with an overpriced leapster 2 from walmart which i'm going to take back.

Apparently everthing can be pierced. And when I say everything, I mean everything. Cause I saw it today.

Low rider jeans need to go out of style quickly, I saw more crack today than an LA cop working drug patrol.

Happy Holidays!

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: You "Crack" me up!!!!!!!!!!! I agree about the pj's - what was that all about!! even if your a teenager, you dont get to wear your jammies in public!!!!!

We had to stand in line for 70 min at Target to check out. The line weaved alllll around the store.

I was very lucky to get the basketball backboard from walmart.com. I tried at 1200 and went back to bed till 2:55 only to snooze and bounced up at 0305. They still had the basketball set and I was able to check out without a issue. I went back on a few minutes later and it was sold out so whew.. dd woke up and we headed to Penneys at 0400 walked right in and bought the mood watches and toaster I wanted. Got the snowglobes for the kids also. Left there and went to target for what reason I do not know.:confused3 nothing we needed so dd and I got a coffee and hot chocolate and ordered ds bday cake for tomorrow. We then pulled in and out of superwalmart at 0500.. That wouldnt of been worth it at all. Walked right into old navy bought some items and checked out without a breeze. Headed over to kmart and that placed was a zoo.. The line was insane- once again nothing I really needed so we headed over to Lowes and bought some xmas lights.We were home by 0700.. good morning in all. I bought ds's itouch yesterday thru best buy so no stopping there- that line outside looked insane..

Great Day !! DD and I started by getting to Belks @ 2am. @ 4 the doors opened and we got our gift cards (Had posted on the doors "must be 18 or older", was not on the ad but I made sure DD got her card :thumbsup2)

Out the door and on to Walmart...Scratched off the gift cards in the car and had a major score 100.00 card

At Wal-mart got my steam shark, bissell stick vac, zhu zhu pets and 69.00 Blue Ray Player (oh,also had them price match the Razor scooter) :banana:

Back to the mall for some Chik fil a and checked out a few more deals.

Back in the car got DH boots from Dicks, Bare Mineral set from Ulta, Stopped @ Target to see what was left and then finally made it home!

Ordered Just Dance 2 from Amazon for 29.95 and I am done with DD's Xmas and put a huge dent on the rest.

Couldn't have asked for a better day even with a little rain and serious sleep deprivation :dance3:

Can't wait to read all the other success stories :woohoo:

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: You "Crack" me up!!!!!!!!!!! I agree about the pj's - what was that all about!! even if your a teenager, you dont get to wear your jammies in public!!!!!

When we have to get up very early, I don't even bother with pj's. I wear out in public clothing comfy enough to sleep in and presto! Just brush my teeth and go (and maybe brush my hair.)

I didn't notice any Jammy folks. I did notice 3 young adults excited about their tv score followed by the agony of defeat when said tv did not fit in car. Now I stink at size estimation---but even I know that BIG screen and COMPACT car is not a good shopping combination.

My only issue today was at Target, twice. First--doorbuster map said that scooters were by grocery. Headed there first and no Barbie scooters. Asked two employees who both directed me back to the display. I did not listens once only razors were there. Decided to go to the spot they usually are and got the last two. Would not have beenthe end of the world--but was not happy with Target possibly not having any at all and then the fact that a map and two employees didn't know where they were.

Other issue later in the day. A ladies three kids aruing and fighting over a tricycle. Vomanos (sp?) she says as she walks away. Their fighting escalates and I became one of THOSE customers that ummm...interferes. I said they may not want to listen to their mother, but they needed to knock it off with merchandise they did not own. The look in their face was priceless. The we got busted/you mean business look). They immediately stopped wrestling and went to their mother who was long gone into the Christmas section. I don't fault mom too much. I've been there done that when my kids choose not to listen. I'm just surpises that mom completely left the area and he kids behavior got significantly worse.

Walmart was the most chaotic. Thankfully, I was by myself. No lenghty waits anywhere else except for the 45 minutes waiting for the Target doors to open. I could have even bought a tv. Lol! Cashiers were waiting for me. Lol!
What was odd---the line waiting to open was he longest I have ever seen. I think they vaporized.

Happy Holidays!
Priceless!! thanks for the laugh:rotfl2::rotfl2:

At Walmart I counted 5 pairs of pajamas (on adult women), one woman wearing HUGE dark sunglasses (in the store - must be a hangover...), and one not so wonderful smelling person.

Many people blocking aisles, oblivious, and the guy ahead of us had his groceries, already bagged, on the conveyor belt. And he was slowly counting his money out. I had a cart full (it was payday a couple of days ago and our refrig was too full with Thanksgiving stuff to get groceries) and had to wait until he was ready to pick up his bags before I could even start to empty my cart/buggy.

We got to WM at around 10:30am, and were in and out pretty quickly, considering we had groceries to get.

I didn't think Michaels would be such a huge draw at 5:30 am, but it was insane!!!! Two women got into a fist fight over the last Cricut that was on sale. And these were not young girls, either...the women were in their middle to late 40's-I don't want something that bad to get in a fist fight over it.

After that, I didn't stay to browse the store...got my items and got out. I got the rolling carts that were on sale for 20 dollars(regularly 50 dollars) and bought three(2 for me and 1 for my mom to keep her sewing stuff in). Got to the check out and cashier tried to tell me it was limit one per customer, whipped out my ad, and showed her the ad had no limits and there were no signs on the rack where they were displayed, so I got my three. But...while I was paying for my purchases, a manager was putting up a sign that it was limit one per customer, so I squeaked by with a major score on that front.

Why didntthey go last night? I know it is Thanksgiving, but when something you want so desparately is for sale then, go fetch it or understand that it may be gone when you are finally able to get there. Dd wanted a $2.96 art set for her sister, so we did venture out. They let us in. Half hour early and the place was a ghost town.

I didn't venture out until later in the day, but at Macy's I scored a George Foreman 360 grill in the clearance area. Original price $199.00. It rang at $59.95 and they honored the additional 40% off. That brought the price down to $35.97 and I had one $10.00 off coupon left. So I got a new George Foreman grill for $25.97. Not too shabby. It wasn't on my list but I will take it. Our Macy's was also under staffed, so a lot of the morning signs were still up at 3ish and they honored the prices.

I was surprised that at 400pm I got my Norton 360 for 3 computers for $19.99.

Target also had many of the movies still available later in the day.

I slept til 10:30 this morning, so overall - success.

My sister, niece and I started at WalMart at 11:30 last night - we got all of our price match items and then the pallet items - we were out the door by 1:00 and went by Toys R Us - they still had people waiting outside b/c they had reached capacity 3 hours after opening...

I only wanted 1 item so we decided it wasn't worth 12.50 and headed to Meijer - we killed time in there until we reached Kohls' - we waited 45 minutes in the car instead of in line since we didn't want any big items - we got all we wanted and walked out the door and into Target at 4:00 (they are right next to each other!) The line in there was insane but we SCORED on the Ipod touch 8 gb

it was 225 with a $30 gift card, but my sister got a 10% off ipod at target coupon in the mail on Wed and they took it. She also had a coupon for spend $150 get a $15 gift card. Plus the $10 gift card if you spent $100 special. And they gave it all to her - so we paid $213 for the touch and got $55 in gift cards! Which they let me use on our next order and we still got another $10 gift card!!

Their check out was a mess though - the pharmacy was checking people out so we waited about 15 minutes there - but they had two hug lines feeding into one and people were fighting at the merge point - it was very poorly managed.

We were out by 5 and into Walmart across the street - and then back to Toys R Us where I got what I wanted with no line and onto the mall.

I was back home and in bed by 9 this morning!!

I had a pretty successful trip! We hit Walmart at 10:15, and got out with everything we wanted at 12:05 (we have a great Walmart)--the steam mop, some new towels, sleep pants, and some video games and movies. Then we headed over to our local Premium Outlets Mall and scored $3 shirts at Anne Taylor. Then Toys R Us (where we didn't find any deals but had fun looking around), and on to the mall. This afternoon I dropped back by Walmart and grabbed a Tomtom GPS, which I love!

Our only bad experience was at the mall. My sisters desperately wanted the gift bags at Victoria's Secret so we got there two hours early and were the fifth, sixth and seventh in line--that is, until ten minutes before opening (when there were about 100 people in line) and three women cut right in front of us. Normally I say something, even when I shouldn't, but they were tall and built like linebackers, and one of the cutters yelled at someone in line who was staring at them for cutting in line so rudely. They were horrifying. They went up to the doors and started rattling them, yelling "Open up, b****!" because they were "tired of standing"... five minutes before they were set to open. :thumbsup2:rolleyes: Well, I suppose I should say it was interesting instead of bad. I guess I shouldn't be surprised if people act like that, but I was.

PJs were EVERYWHERE last night, and this leads me to my Pajamas in Public PSA:

Ladies, when you wear pajama pants in public, you should sew up the button flies (if you're wearing men's PJ pants), and if you don't, PLEASE wear underpants. That is all.

(And yes, that was one of the women who cut in line.)

Seriously, though. All in all, a great Black Friday!

I had a pretty successful trip! We hit Walmart at 10:15, and got out with everything we wanted at 12:05 (we have a great Walmart)--the steam mop, some new towels, sleep pants, and some video games and movies. Then we headed over to our local Premium Outlets Mall and scored $3 shirts at Anne Taylor. Then Toys R Us (where we didn't find any deals but had fun looking around), and on to the mall. This afternoon I dropped back by Walmart and grabbed a Tomtom GPS, which I love!

Our only bad experience was at the mall. My sisters desperately wanted the gift bags at Victoria's Secret so we got there two hours early and were the fifth, sixth and seventh in line--that is, until ten minutes before opening (when there were about 100 people in line) and three women cut right in front of us. Normally I say something, even when I shouldn't, but they were tall and built like linebackers, and one of the cutters yelled at someone in line who was staring at them for cutting in line so rudely. They were horrifying. They went up to the doors and started rattling them, yelling "Open up, b****!" because they were "tired of standing"... five minutes before they were set to open. :thumbsup2:rolleyes: Well, I suppose I should say it was interesting instead of bad. I guess I shouldn't be surprised if people act like that, but I was.

PJs were EVERYWHERE last night, and this leads me to my Pajamas in Public PSA:

Ladies, when you wear pajama pants in public, you should sew up the button flies (if you're wearing men's PJ pants), and if you don't, PLEASE wear underpants. That is all.

(And yes, that was one of the women who cut in line.)

Seriously, though. All in all, a great Black Friday!
Amen sista!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter