Black Friday Buddies 2009 Unite! SCORE REPORTS, WAIT STORIES, HAULS FOR DAY!!

Just now getting home and trying to relax after 32 hours of no sleep. My sister and I were first in line at Toys R Us (we arrived at 8:30pm Thanksgiving night), we went specifically for Zhu Zhu pets and a couple other small items. The store employees passed out tickets for the pets at around 11pm, and though we got tickets when we got in the store they told everyone they never got any accessories in at all and all the hamster colors they had we arleady had. So we got a few small items at Toys R Us, but left without any Zhu Zhus.

Next we headed to Target and arrived at 12:30, we were also first in line there. So after another four and a half hours in the cold we were in Target and got everything we went after except Zhu Zhus! The employees said they had no zhu zhus at all nor did they have any accessories and didn't know if they'd get more in.

On a similar note, Walmart also said no Zhu Zhus or accessories as did CVS. But on a happier note, we were able to do Best Buy and Office Max online Thanksgiving afternoon and therefore able to skip those stores this morning.

So after Target we hit Staples, Kohls, Stein Mart, Bed bath and beyond and were finally done.

Aside from the stores we hit, my sister's husband hit Kmart and Walmart for us.

It's been a long day, but totally worth it even though we came home empty handed when it comes to zhu zhu pets/accessories.

The deals may not have been extraordinary this year but on some items we would have bought anyway it was nice to be able to save some money (which we are always thankful for). We got everything we wanted (minus zhu zhus) and so today was a big success for us.

This was the first year I've ever been first at any store, it was odd because it seemed like not as many people were out early this year but stores got crazy about an hour before opening when the crowds came in flocks.

At TRU there were easily 500+ people by 11pm and I was so thankful to be the first in line so I could get in and get out with all my limbs attached! People were crazy but thankfully there were police there to deal with the people who wanted to rush the line at the last minute.

Overall we all made it out without a scratch and it was fun, I know we'll be doing it again next year!

I would have taken the zhu zhu's they had, sold them on ebay and used the money + profit to purchase the colors you want on ebay at the same or lower price as what you sold for. It would be less trouble then having to stand in line for hours somewhere else, and in the end, cost the same.

Our day started at 4:45am when we got to Target and jumped in line. The line was pretty long and wrapped down to the next store on the small strip it is on. We were in by 5:05am and got what was on our list; the coolpix camera, the iPod docking station with cd player, some $3.99 movies, season 6 of One Tree Hill for $12.99, a winter puffy vest, some sweaters, and the 4GB memory card and flashdrive.

The only bad thing about Target was the wait to checkout because they were so disorganized and people were cuttin in. They did finally get a system but we had been waiting for almost an hour.

By 6:30am we went to Old Navy and WOW, that place was a disaster zone so we opted not to stay.

Mom hit Micheals for some yarn that was ridiculously cheap.

We then drove over to Walmart and were there by 7am. We got the two things that were on our list, 2 Miley Cyrus/Max Azria scarfs and the collage frame. We also picked up a new tablecloth on clearance and toliet paper (hey we needed it)

We stopped for breakfast at 8am at our favorite local spot and only spent $11 for our meals.

Then by 9am we hit Joann Fabrics for fleece, flannel, zippers, and elastic

Hit Best Buy for the T-mobile phone at $7.99 for my Grandma and were home by 10:30 and napping by 12pm.

All in all it was a good day and I want to say a big thanks to everyone on this board for posting all the deals.

When I was walking into Walmart, I saw a guy and a girl walking out with eggs, a gallon of milk and laundry detergent. I was like :confused3 why would you go to Walmart Black Friday morning and get that stuff?? I most certainly would have gone to Walgreens or the gas station which were right nearby instead!!!

Maggie

When I first read this, I thought that maybe you were talking about me!:rotfl:

I was at the Wal-Mart in Plainfield Friday around 7:30. I didn't need anything in the ad since I was up at 2:00 am ordering from them online. I did need some cough strips for DD (I LOVE the Triaminic strips because she can't spit them out. :lmao:), a new car charger for my phone and a few other non-Christmas items. I was pretty shocked to hear several people complaining that they weren't able to get the Cricut deal or the laptop deal. I just smiled and thought to myself that they needed to be here 12 hours ago to get those!

Edited to add...

My best deal was probably the Wii Fit Plus bundle (board and game) Thanksgiving morning at Meijer. I got it for $55.00 because they ran out of the regular Wii Fits and were substituting it for an additional $10 + the $45 price in the ad.

I also picked up 5 Cricut cartridges for DD. They were on sale at JoAnn for $28.88 so I got 2 there, took the ad to Wal-Mart and got 1 there and went to Michaels with the ad and got 2 there. DD is going to be SO happy!

At Macy's, checking out about 9:30 am, and this lady has this STACK of clothes... the cashier is ringing it, the lady is making her fold it, refold it, rescan it, all while 5 other people bring stuff to add to the order.

After 15 minutes of this, she goes "well, I guess I"m done". Cashier says "That will be $285.50" or whatever, and the lady says...

wait for it.........................

"oh, I just wanted to know how much it would be" and walks away.

I mean, who does that? The rest of us in line were standing there with mouths open.

That poor cashier was so good though. She just said "uh, OK" and moved the stack (it was 2 feet high) to the side, voided the sale and said "may I help who's next?"

I should not work retail because I would have come across that counter....

My day started out at 3:30am. We headed to Sears first we needed nothing big ticket but we wanted to start out early since we needed to hit a lot of places... my brother needed jeans he grabed 5 pairs for 10$ then with the 10$ off coupon brought it down to 40$ I got the kids new winter coats for 12.99$ and then a few other things to bring my total up to $50 so I could use my 10$ off coupon.. from there we headed to boscovs for their "free" money but we got their too late to get anything. Then we tried Super Shoes for their free gift card but again we were too late :( So we went to dunkin dounts and waitied for 5am to roll around so we could hit Lowes my brother wanted some kind of sets that were normally 100$ for the people he works with so he got 7 of those for 20$. I got my poinsettia for .99 then we hit walmart by now it was going on 6:30am all of the crazy people had left by then lol.. we found a parking spot no problem! I got all of the things I wanted with the exception of the fur real friends (I needed 3 I found 1) and the skateboards. They still had all of the major door busters left. TV's GPS Cameras you name it they still had it! We were in shock! There was a line to get a parking spot when we drove past at 4am.. I mean a LINE major line there was NO line when checking out. So we zipped up to Kmart. That place was a disaster! Wanted the creepy crawler machine.. they were out of those and almost everything else I wanted from there.. I took the ad with me to walmart to price match but they didn't have it or I couldn't find it. I got some of the 3$ tshirts for the kids they still had the wowwee alive animals so we scooped those up and I dont remember what else I got there.. all in all it was a good black friday.. spent LOTS of money the kids are mostly done with the exception of the oldest.. she is so hard to buy for.. she is in between toys and big ticket stuff so she has a mix of both... I'm going to head to the outlets and get some "fashionable" clothes for the girls next weekend and then they are done.. I have to pick up a layaway at kmart this coming friday too.. now to figure out where all this stuff is going to go... YIKES! I'm out of room!

Started out at 4am at Jc Pennys (was about 20 minutes early and stood outside with chattering teeth). Got moms pillows (SCORE!!!) then headed off to younkers to browse. Bought nothing. Headed to walmart where mom picked up a couch cover (not on sale) and then we stalked out dvd, I got item 1 on my list: Corline. Then it was off to shopko only to find out that the item I wanted was GONE, so as im telling mom how mad I am at her (she wanted walmart first) an associte offers to look for the picture frame, finds it and I score (mom was standing in line the whole time so I checked out in under 10 mins). Then we were off to Kmart, where we stood outside for 10 mins for MP3 players and my fluffy pillow. Got 3 mp3 players and my pillow and was home by 6:30 am (and back in bed).

When I first read this, I thought that maybe you were talking about me!:rotfl:

I was at the Wal-Mart in Plainfield Friday around 7:30. I didn't need anything in the ad since I was up at 2:00 am ordering from them online. I did need some cough strips for DD (I LOVE the Triaminic strips because she can't spit them out. :lmao:), a new car charger for my phone and a few other non-Christmas items. I was pretty shocked to hear several people complaining that they weren't able to get the Cricut deal or the laptop deal. I just smiled and thought to myself that they needed to be here 12 hours ago to get those!

Edited to add...

My best deal was probably the Wii Fit Plus bundle (board and game) Thanksgiving morning at Meijer. I got it for $55.00 because they ran out of the regular Wii Fits and were substituting it for an additional $10 + the $45 price in the ad.

I also picked up 5 Cricut cartridges for DD. They were on sale at JoAnn for $28.88 so I got 2 there, took the ad to Wal-Mart and got 1 there and went to Michaels with the ad and got 2 there. DD is going to be SO happy!

Next year I want to go shopping with you. I'm in Aurora and stopped at that Meijer the night prior but they said they only had 10 in stock. I should have gone the next morning anyway. Grrrrr I wanted a Wii Fit (or Plus)!!! What time did you get there to get the Wii Fit?

I would have taken the zhu zhu's they had, sold them on ebay and used the money + profit to purchase the colors you want on ebay at the same or lower price as what you sold for. It would be less trouble then having to stand in line for hours somewhere else, and in the end, cost the same.

Yeah I understand, but I'd rather leave the items I don't need for someone who needs them rather than take something I don't need or want and sell it on ebay. That's just not my thing, I'll keep looking until I find what we need in the stores, I'm not resorting to searching ebay nor am I willing to take things that we don't need and try to make a profit off them. I understand others might need to do that, but we'll be just fine if we don't find the last missing piece of our zhu zhu sets, it won't be the end of the world without it.

I'll keep searching up until christmas, I don't mind the trouble since it's for my niece and I want her to have what she wants.

We pulled out of the driveway at 3am and walked into Walmart at exactly 3:30. We have two that are closer, but decided to drive a little further to the one we thought would be least crowded. We guessed correctly! :thumbsup2 Did the rounds and scoped out the store layout. Mom's priority was the 32" Emerson for $248. She got in line and was pleased to see them handing out tickets - very organized. My boyfriend waited for the $59 TomTom for his sister, which was strategically located right next to the $25 HP printer I wanted. He was able to get one right after the other; he even grabbed some $2 movies while waiting in line. I stood next to the $35 executive office chair until 4:30am, when the nearest Walmart employee gave everyone permission to take one. That was a nice time-saver. Then I headed off to wait for the $7 collage frames. The morning took a strange turn when I passed out cold at 4 minutes to 5am. Hit the ground like a brick. I'm hypoglycemic and made the mistake of leaving the house without eating anything. :sick: Next thing I know I'm being asked if I need an ambulance. Nope...but a Coke will do nicely! So a wonderful employee brought me a Coke, which got me through the next two hours! By this time my mom and boyfriend found me and the first thing I told my mom was, "Grab me two collage frames!" Priorities, you know? :lmao: After the Coke worked its magic, we managed to find the 4GB flash drive and 4GB memory card I wanted. Mom bought the Corelle Livingware set for $18. The biggest downside was the checkout line. A family of 8 was in front of us, and they all paid separately. With checks. Which I suppose wouldn't have been so bad if they'd had their checks prepared ahead of time...and if every other item didn't need to be price-verified by the cashier. :rolleyes:

Aside from the fainting and the checkout frustration, it was a pleasant experience. Even my boyfriend, a Black Friday newbie, said "What a rush!" as we left the store. :laughing:

By this time it was 7am and I obviously needed something to eat. We stopped at Bob Evans, only to be informed after standing in line for 10 minutes that they only had 3 servers that morning. No thanks. We went next door to IHOP and enjoyed a filling, timely breakfast. :goodvibes

Next came Kohls. This was a relatively quick stop. We picked up a heated back massager as a gift for $18 and some other miscellaneous doorbusters. The checkout line looked intimidating, as it wrapped clear around the store, but it moved very quickly. I was impressed!

Ulta and Old Navy were in the same plaza, so we decided to stop in. Old Navy was a bust, but I didn't expect much. Ulta was a great quick stop. They had their 5 items for $5 special. Great selection to choose from.

JCPenney was our next stop, where we purchased a pajama set, sleep pants, and a shirt. We hit Macy's while we were at the mall and I bought this year's holiday sailor Mickey. :love:

Target was the last stop of the day. All I wanted there was Season 4 of The Office for $13. Success! We browsed, but didn't find anything else. I wasn't impressed with Target's ad at all this year. We were finished by 1pm. Walmart was clearly our priority, so once we found everything we wanted there, it was smooth sailing. Another great year! :woohoo:

I wasn't very active on this thread but got the PM to post what I got.. so here goes.

I headed out about 4:30 to Pennys where I was supposed to meet my mom. We were only after the free snowglobes, we get them every year. At first I was totally bummed because for the first year EVER I thought we had missed them... Then my mom told me to meet her by a certain door and voila! One lady left with a table of snowglobes. I was so excited! Another employee came over to take some and the lady at the table snapped at her that SHE was stingy with her snowglobes and no one else could take them, they were for her door! :rotfl:

After that we headed deeper into the mall for Elder Beerman. Mom got one of the $19.97 alternative down comforters and used her $10 coupon off a duo-pack of photo albums. I grabbed DH 3 Champion workout shirts and a workout jacket. Used my $10 coupon and paid about $20 for all of it.

We headed back to the car at that point because I was in need of a Christmas tree. Thought I'd try my luck at Home Depot (it was about 6:10) and I managed to score one of the $49 trees. I'm so glad, DH and I are both very happy with it!! Mom also got a $1 poinsetta but the wind murdered it later in the day.

We then went to Tim Hortons for breakfast and had one of those delicious bagel BELT things.

JoAnn's was next... we always hit them up for things like wrapping paper, bows, tissue paper, etc. I was almost out so I got 12 rolls of wrapping paper, some gift bags, a basket for a baby shower gift, some plastic berries to decorate with and then I saw this reindeer. This dang reindeer totally blew my budget for the day! I absolutely loved him. He was originally $49.99 but with the sale/coupons he ended up being $20. I put him in the cart and kept talking myself into and out of getting him when my mom finally threatened me if I didn't. So I did.
Go figure DH hates the thing.
This is him:
388424_m.jpg

I also got some fleece because DS looooves his fleece blankets. I figured I could save some cash and make him a few blankets myself.

Sears was next for us. I got DH the wet/dry vac and had planned on getting the 3drawer portable chest but my mom grabbed it as their Christmas present to him.
I also got him 2 pairs of jeans and got myself a few pairs of the comfy socks. My mom threw in a pair of PJs for DS and a pair of PJs for myself (to be given as Christmas presents) so I could use my coupon. She used hers on gifts for other people. Those jeans were a great buy!! :)

After that we went back to Pennys. I got myself a pair of jeans and FINALLY found something to give my brother's girlfriend.
She has never seen snow- she is Australian (they live in Sydney) and I found a silver w/diamond accent snowflake pendant necklace. So I got her that. Plan to include a card with something corny along the lines of "a little bit of our kind of Christmas" or something. It was $29.99 originally $136 so I think I did pretty good.

I also used gift cards at several stores so the actual pain to the bank account is very small.

Only bummer was missing out on the B&B works VIP bag. We got there too late.

I got almost everything on my list. I actually started shopping on Thanksgiving day at Old Navy and Gander Mountain. I got the boys a bunch of clothes at Old Navy using my $10 off $50 coupon in the paper. My mom was with me so she took enough clothes to use the coupon and I took the rest allowing me get $20 off my order instead of $10. I got everything on DH's list at Gander Mountain and earned $40 in gift cards. You got $20 for every $100 you spent.

Black Friday day:

Toys R Us at midnight - got a few things there but nothing great. They were out of a few things. The worst part was you couldn't move in the store and the check out lanes were a mess.

Kohls - I got everything on my list here. I really wanted the breadmaker for myself and was able to get it. Plus got DS shoes, football jersey, car mat thing for DH, coin counting jar for family to use to count change we are saving for trip to WDW in June, and a few other odds and ends.

Target - I got $5 PJ, scooter for DS & DD, Leapster game, and few other items. I had enough to earn $35 in Gift cards between the $100 deal and another coupon that they sent me.

Mejier - Got the boys planet chairs for their rooms and that was about it

Wal-Mart - It was so nice getting here about an hour after they opened. We found a parking space and they had almost everything we needed. Got DH 4 in 1 coat for $15 couple of $7 bubble coats for adopt a family, track suit for adopt a family, $9 game packs. They did not get any kids track suits at our store. This happens every year and it drives me nuts. They were also out of $3 PJ sets but I had gotten nicer ones at Target for $5 so I was Ok with that.

After Wal-Mart we hit up Michaels, Bath and Body Works, and Home Depot. At Home Depot my mom wanted the flash light combo packs for $9 and the 60 battery packs for $9.

We had a great day, saved a bunch of money, and I got to spend time with my mom. I can't wait until next year. :lmao:

AFter posting so many of the ads and getting so hyped up about the Cricut Expression, I only ended up getting Madagascar 2 during the dealbusters at WM! I kept feeling guilty about wanting the Cricut and DH told me to get it instead of the Wii for myself but it felt wrong because then he didn't want me buying him anything. So I decided that if they had it by the time my SIL took us to WM (right at 5) that I would get it for my birthday but they were all out!

But later that day I did go to HHGregg and get the Wii with the $30 rebate so I felt better after that! And I did end up getting DH the travel compressor he was looking at at Lowe's before 10 am. Its for his birthday in Dec.

anyone else annoyed with the Disney store right now? Deals were ok there at midnight BF, but then they put all holiday stuff 50% off the NEXT day! and then today they put all toys BOGO! I went and got price adjustments!

I was able to get everything on my list at walmart

ds light
mp3 video players
pjs
jeans w/ free shirt
other things I can't think of (i spent 275) :rolleyes1

went to the mall

pac sun was having a great sale on jeans 7.50 a piece picked a bunch up for my kids

all in all I got a lot of clothes (they needed them) and a few other items (games and stuff)

great day I spent with my mom and sister and dd...

AFter posting so many of the ads and getting so hyped up about the Cricut Expression, I only ended up getting Madagascar 2 during the dealbusters at WM! I kept feeling guilty about wanting the Cricut and DH told me to get it instead of the Wii for myself but it felt wrong because then he didn't want me buying him anything. So I decided that if they had it by the time my SIL took us to WM (right at 5) that I would get it for my birthday but they were all out!

But later that day I did go to HHGregg and get the Wii with the $30 rebate so I felt better after that! And I did end up getting DH the travel compressor he was looking at at Lowe's before 10 am. Its for his birthday in Dec.

What is this? I keep seeing everyone talking about it but have no clue what it is???

What is this? I keep seeing everyone talking about it but have no clue what it is???

It is a paper cutting machine used for scrapbooking and card making. (Although I have found all sorts of other uses. I had one in my cart on BF, but put it back because the extra money is not in the budget right now.

Next year I want to go shopping with you. I'm in Aurora and stopped at that Meijer the night prior but they said they only had 10 in stock. I should have gone the next morning anyway. Grrrrr I wanted a Wii Fit (or Plus)!!! What time did you get there to get the Wii Fit?

I was at the Meijer in Bolingbrook off of Weber Rd Thanksgiving morning around 4:30. I really didn't think that there was going to be a line for the Wii Fit but DD wanted to get the iPod for a friend and from past experience, the iPod lines are usually long. The funny thing was, she was very close to the front of that line and I was told not to even bother getting in the Wii Fit line because there were already more people in line then they had the product for. To me, it was really dumb that they had a limit of 2 per person when they had so few in stock. Since I was waiting for DD, I decided to wait in the line anyway and lucked out by getting one of the last few Wii Fit Plus bundles!

Were you at the one on Rt 59?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter