Black Friday Buddies 2009 Unite! SCORE REPORTS, WAIT STORIES, HAULS FOR DAY!!

I wanted to thank the Budget Board, you all really gave out some excellent information. I so appreicate it!!!!! The tip to sign up for bingcash last night around 2am, I have $175 pending from that alone, got all my stuff, knew when to shop online and what were some great deals:worship: because of the posters here. Thanks a million.

I should add I got 2 LCD tvs, a fuji camera from the amazon link. I kept checking in here, while online, when many of us were having the Old Navy site overload, a no-start 3am Walmart, I was glad to have other people checking in and what their progress was at 3:30am. And of course I can't say thanks enough for the bingcash tip, wow for the 2 tvs from walmart with that one. Hit Target this am got my target gift card too!

Toys R Us~Got in line at 10:00 last night. I was number 55. Was able to get a Zhu Zhu Pet, but no accessories. Our TRU decided not to limit the number of accessories per person and had a small quantity. The first person in just filled their cart with all the accessories that were there. Oh well, my parents also got a Zhu Zhu pet and were able to get one accessory per person at their TRU. So, at least my dd will get the car and wheel with her 3 pets this Christmas if I can't find anything other accessories. Also, just picked up 2 Scooby Doo movies for $3.50 each. Everything else I wanted was gone.

The Children's Place~Got dd a winter wardrobe for 2010 for only $50 including tax! I bought 21 pieces of clothing including jeans, puffy reversible vest, pants, tops, dresses and one pair of tights. Score!!

Target~Got home from TCP at 3:00am and decided to just sleep in. Dd woke me up at 7. Ugh! So, rested on the couch a little and then headed off to Target at 10ish. I was able to get the Barbie Ride With Me Scooter. It was the only thing I wanted and I picked up the last one. So, that was great!

Online~Got a Shark Pocket Steam Mop at Kohls.com with my 15% off coupon code and free shipping for $108 including tax. On Amazon, I picked up the Magnext iCoaster for my nephews for $29.99 and Star Trek DVD for $9 for dh. :)

I was looking for three laptops and we decided to try to get three of the 298.00 laptops at Walmart. I waited until midnight, and they said that they were sold out on line.:mad: So we headed to the store and got in line at 12:10 and they handed us a ticket. It felt like a golden ticket. :rotfl2: It was my oldest DD, my mom & myself and we had numbers 9,10 & 11 out of the 14 that they had to sell. My sister got a different laptop and an ipod touch with a 50.00 gift card. She was very happy! It wasn't that bad waiting in line until 5:00, but once we got out of the line, Walmart had turned into a ZOO! It was wild and we got out of that store and headed to the mall.

I picked up 2 of the I-pod touches at Walmart with the $50 itunes card. I got 3 cricut cartridges from Michaels. We also picked up a GPS from Stapes and a tv from Costco. We did Ok. I think we saved about $400. I don't know if I will go again next year since it is getting more crowded every year. Target was such a zoo that this is the first year we did not buy anything there.:rolleyes:

I was looking for three laptops and we decided to try to get three of the 298.00 laptops at Walmart. I waited until midnight, and they said that they were sold out on line.:mad: So we headed to the store and got in line at 12:10 and they handed us a ticket. It felt like a golden ticket. :rotfl2: It was my oldest DD, my mom & myself and we had numbers 9,10 & 11 out of the 14 that they had to sell. My sister got a different laptop and an ipod touch with a 50.00 gift card. She was very happy! It wasn't that bad waiting in line until 5:00, but once we got out of the line, Walmart had turned into a ZOO! It was wild and we got out of that store and headed to the mall.

Congrats on the big laptop haul!!:cheer2:

Went to Old Navy at 11:30pm , they had opened up at 11:am not midnight as advertised, before midnight they were out of the Lego Rock Band game so I bought nothing !! The store was mopped and totally insane !!! Then went t Aero which gets the GOLD STAR!!! They had the line marked with a Christmas toy on a stick held by an employee!! All the registers were open and I was outta there in 20 minutes !!! AWESOME !!!

t 1am we hit WalMArt and got tickets forthe 2 IPOD Touches we REALLY wanted !!! While they said in announcements you HAD tostay in line (which one of us did ) You were guaranteed one if you had the ticket!! The baled up items were ripped into from the time we walked in Some employees were strict about it and some weren't !!Many peple were in line by 1:30 am across from registers waiting for 5 a.m. !!But I have to say security was tight and there was NO line jumping which was always my major complaint !!They need to tweak some things but basically I think it was MUCH better than ever before !! Of course this was my first year with a super center !
Last stop was Target which like Old Navy was insane , there was nosystem for lines and it was worse than Walmart for the congestion~!! We did get most of what we wanted , for me NO Towels !!!!!!Who would have thought they would be such a HOT item !!! Can anyone tellme what BF is likein NYC as we plan on being there next year!!!

The towels at WalMart cracked me up. They had three pallets they brought out, and they were well guarded until about 4 am, then in about 10 minutes they were stripped down to nothing, I was shocked...........:eek:

Those of you who went to Toys R Us or Best Buy first, did you find you couldn't get around in the store when you got in? Once you got in, you couldn't get out? You were in line for the register the second you hit the door? That's why I've avoided those two the last couple of years, I was hoping it had changed maybe?

Those of you who went to Toys R Us or Best Buy first, did you find you couldn't get around in the store when you got in? Once you got in, you couldn't get out? You were in line for the register the second you hit the door? That's why I've avoided those two the last couple of years, I was hoping it had changed maybe?

Best buy was a mess. They had these arrows on the floor- different colored ones. Only nobody working knew which color was for what. So somehow I ended up being near the end of a line that I thought I was near the front of. But once in- I got my ticket for my item- by luck! They were just strolling around I asked "Do you have any laptop tickets" And the guy says which one- and hands me a ticket. If I didn't bump into him by chance I wouldn't have my laptop!

Really it was poorly handled here.
But everyplace else I was at went smoothly.

Got up at 3, was out the door by 330am..my mother and I headed to Walmart since we were only after the $3 girls tracksuits..after asking SEVEN associates which included 2 assistant managers we finally found some that were priced at $9 but the one assistant manager assured us that it'd be $3 at the register..the sizes looked like girls size, from what we could tell with all the black plastic around it..They wouldn't even let you TOUCH the stuff until 5am..My mother split from me and got the Littlest Pet shop toy and a Furreal friends pup..At 5am myself along with about 8-10 other ppl started to grab these tracksuits, thinking they were $3...we get to the register to pay for it and nope the price is $9..call a front end manager over and no--the ones we got WERE $9, they were the WOMANS, not girls like we were told they were..even though the balloon on the sign said $3 they would not honor it..

Went over to Menards, waited in line for about 20 min, got my daughter the bike i thought i wanted, candles, $1 socks, cheap fleece blankets, batteries, build a bear play set, and a few other misc items

Had Breakfast at McDonalds with my step father, who waited an hour at Staples for a GPS system where they handed out tickets outside the store to those waiting in line

Mom and I decided to see what Shopko and Kohl's had for girls outfits since we were not happy with Walmart at this point..not much that sparked our interest..Almost bought a comforter at Kohl's but ugly color and when I felt it, not nearly what I imagined it would be

By now Walmart has died down so we decided to try AGAIN for the $3 girls tracksuits..we finally talked to the manager of that dept..she tells us they NEVER got them in..crazy--wouldn't you know this ahead of time? While browsing their toy dept I found a better bike for DD, for .12 more lol so i got that one and returned the one from Menards..we did manage to find the girls some suit outfits and got those including one ladies size for my oldest niece..got my DS a few blanket sleeps for $5..

Went home to feed DS since he was with us and try to nap a little bit..

Ended up having to go BACK to Walmart since my mother got the wrong size for my niece..by now it's 2pmish...they still have lots of movies, memory cards(didn't even attempt to look at electronics at all until then), a bunch of zip drives (picked one up for myself lol), a bunch of the kids toys still, especially the 3 wheel scooters...I even picked up a 13 piece frame set for $13, which will work great since the kids just had their pictures done on Wed and grandparents always get pictures for Christmas....They even had some of the bigger TV's left, which I found really hard to believe..they were honoring the early morning prices so we got some more good deals lol..i guess sometimes it pays to wait lol

i was able to get most of DS's items on Wed night from Kmart with the Fisher Price BOGO..

The only thing I'd like to get is possibly a laptop, which I'm sure will come down in prices eventually so no real big loss there..I should say I'm done shopping but I'm sure once more deals come out I'll be there again lol..Wondering what Cyber Monday will look like??? I've never done it so wish me luck..sorry for going on so much..hope everyone had a great day!

Overall we did good..

Here is what I got:

Target
electric blanket
flannel sheets
3-pc PJ set
House Season 4
Friends Season 4
10 pack of picture frames
puffer vest

Kohls
magic bullet blender thing (but the 9.99 version)
griddle
panini press
mattress foam cover
panties
gloves
a new purse for me!!
gemstone earrings and necklace
textured tights
socks
slippers for my dad
converse

Walmart
Miley Cyrus shirts for my niece
boots for my mom
Little Foot movies for my nephew
track suit for myself!!!

You can tell I have 2 teen girls. No toys this year. :sad1:

Maggie

I got to Target at 4:45 this morning and was amazed at how many people were in line to get in. I have been going there for first for the last 5 years and have never seen so many people in line. I waited until the line had entered the store which was about 5:15. I was able to get the movies I wanted as well as the Pink DSi. I walked out with 2 gift cards, one for over $100 and the other for buying a Wii game. :thumbsup2

Off to Wal-Mart for movies, I was able to get 3 but did not get the $4 food chopper...they were all gone. :mad: I waited in the check out line for at least 30 mins to pay for 3 movies. The cashier looked at me and said is this it. I was like yep! :lmao: People had buggies loaded with stuff; including the towels. I was like dang are they giving the stuff away. :rolleyes1

Then off to BB, where I got 3 more movies, the $30 itunes cards and a Blue Sony digital camera which was $50 off the original price. I had no intention of getting anything but the movies however I noticed the add and decided to get this for DD's birthday in March.

Then off to the Abercrombie where everything was 50% off!! DD and I got about $150 worth of stuff. :yay:

Overall I had a good day....I have just one more wii game to get and I am finished with DD.

I crashed and burned hard. So I didn't get everything on my list, but enough that I'm not dissappointed in it.

I got in line at 11pm at Old Navy. Our store had 50 copies total. So I got in there and out in about 20 minutes. I had to wait a few people to get to check out, but it was a mob later on. I grabbed 3 rockband shirts (buy 2 get 1 free), and 2 flannel pants. Well the third shirt wasn't ringing up free, so the store manager told her to mark them all at 5$, so I grabbed an 8$ long sleeve shirt to get the total over 20$ for the free game. A friend of mine took the flannel pants and rang those up seperately to get a second copy of the game.

Next we went across the street to hhgregg, and they were handing out tickets for the big items. Surprisingly enough they started at like 3am... so we found out early enough that they didn't have any more Wii's with 30$ mail in rebate.

Went back across the street to Sports Authority for a free gift card. Didn't score anything big but 10$ each. So I grabbed 2 sleeping bags, originally 30$ a piece, on sale for 10$, and walked out without paying a penny. (at this time, my friend walked back to Old Navy so he could go to the bathroom and said the line was stretched back and forth from one end to the other like three times).

I took my friend home and crashed at his place, litterally all day... so did he. So I kinda missed out a few other things that I thought I wanted, but I'm glad I didn't spend the money on it now.

I went to Home Depot, right at closing time, to see if they had any more Husky 60 piece mechanic sets for 30$. Which they didn't, but had a 252 piece mechanic set for 60$, so I snagged that up instead. The ad only showed the 60 and 90 piece sets. But I like this one more.

Tomorrow I might try to get the Canon all-in-one printer from Office Depot for 30$. It's a decent printer, but I don't know if I want to hold off on it till Kari's birthday or not (I want to get all the parts for her to build a new computer).

I got to walmart at 930pm, I was second in line for the LCD. It was hectic to say the least. I think part of it was that our super walmart is not usually 24 hours. They moved us from the produce section, to the freezer section (which made me so glad I brought a sweater and blankets) and then to the meat section. I went with my mom so while waiting we would go back and forth and shop since they released most of their stuff at midnight. I scored one 32 inch lcd tv, about 14 dvds, some rubbermaid containers, and pjs. The lines were out of control by 5am the line was 4 aisles deep! They passed out tickets but I guess they got the count wrong and had to go through and count about 5 times. Once we got our tvs at 5 the wait alone for the register was about an hour! Overall I was happy with the purchases.

We weren't up for the Old Navy all-nighter to get the Lego Rock Band, so our plans changed kind of last minute. We were still discussing what time to set our alarm for when we fell asleep...needless to say, did not have alarm set. Oh well, we weren't going for any of the really in demand items.
Ended up going to Target at 8am. This Target is only a few years old and in a small town in NJ - never busy. It was busy today, but not insane. I got everything I wanted, after having some words with the cashier. Our most in-demand item we went for was the $25 value iTunes gc for $20. We didn't see any displays of them, so I asked in Electronics and the girl didn't know what I was talking about. Then told me they sold them at the front registers. I found some on a display at the other side of the aisle, but no sale signs. Then DH found the exact same gift cards on a sale display. When we checked out, the gift cards rang up full price. I asked the cashier to double check, so she pulls out her circular and calls a supervisor. Supervisor reads me the fine print which says, "quantities limited, no rain checks." Yes, I understand that, but can you tell me where to find the correct gift cards. She replies, "Maybe they're all gone." So I asked her if the correct discounted gc's had to have a certain picture or be on a certain display, or if the gc in the ad is the exact picture. She says, "No, the picture in the ad isn't the picture of a gift card." I'm ready to pull my hair out because it doesn't make sense. You have $25 iTunes cards, but they aren't the right ones, and you can't tell me what the right ones are? I know they're having a hard day, so I tried to be nice but firm. They called a manager and he said they were substituting the regular gc's so it was okay. Phew. I was going to have to be angry at the poorly worded ad. LOL
My loot:
* DVD 3.99
* 2 games for Toys for Tots 20.00 total
* Sweater for me 8.99
* 3 iTunes $25 gc's for 60 total
* Play-doh for DD's daycare 6.99
* 2 pr toddler socks for DD 2.00
I had planned to go to Kohl's, but we were in charge of getting the whole family Starbucks (inside our Target), so we went home. I thought my mom and sis were going to go to Kohl's with me before doorbusters were over, but they weren't all that committed to the whole BF thing. Oh well.

We also shopped Gymboree.com this afternoon since everything on the site was 30% off until 3pm. We also had 20% coupon on top of that and spent enough for free shipping and earned Gymbucks. That stuff will all be for DD for Christmas from my mom and sister.

We'll hit Kohl's and Target (again) tomorrow for some non-doorbusters. I'm looking forward to Cyber Monday - haven't seen any good deals for my list of people/gifts. Also, completely disappointed with Disneystore.com sales. I'm going to wait and see since there are only 2 items I wanted from there.

My sister and I were number 1 and 2 in line at TRU and we were in the store with our merchandise and in the checkout line before half the people even made it into the store. We were extremely quick and just grabbed what we knew we wanted and headed for the exit as soon as possible because we knew TRU would turn into a mess in an instant.

I did think our store was extremely ill planned for BF because the aisles were full of bins of toys so people grab a cart and then just stop in the middle of the walkway to go grab stuff they see. It's dangerous to just leave a cart sitting around like that and it causes a terrible traffic jam.

I was thankfully to be in the front of the line, because if you weren't one of the first 25-50 people in the store then you were just stuck in the mass pile-up of people who didn't know which way was up.

Last year we did BB first and that never seems to be a problem as our BB is huge and even with massive amounts of people it never seems as crowded as some of the other stores and the lines usually move fairly quickly. Even our TRU is a decent size, it's just the layout that make BF bad there.

I crashed and burned hard. So I didn't get everything on my list, but enough that I'm not dissappointed in it.

I got in line at 11pm at Old Navy. Our store had 50 copies total. So I got in there and out in about 20 minutes. I had to wait a few people to get to check out, but it was a mob later on. I grabbed 3 rockband shirts (buy 2 get 1 free), and 2 flannel pants. Well the third shirt wasn't ringing up free, so the store manager told her to mark them all at 5$, so I grabbed an 8$ long sleeve shirt to get the total over 20$ for the free game. A friend of mine took the flannel pants and rang those up seperately to get a second copy of the game.

Next we went across the street to hhgregg, and they were handing out tickets for the big items. Surprisingly enough they started at like 3am... so we found out early enough that they didn't have any more Wii's with 30$ mail in rebate.

Went back across the street to Sports Authority for a free gift card. Didn't score anything big but 10$ each. So I grabbed 2 sleeping bags, originally 30$ a piece, on sale for 10$, and walked out without paying a penny. (at this time, my friend walked back to Old Navy so he could go to the bathroom and said the line was stretched back and forth from one end to the other like three times).

I took my friend home and crashed at his place, litterally all day... so did he. So I kinda missed out a few other things that I thought I wanted, but I'm glad I didn't spend the money on it now.

I went to Home Depot, right at closing time, to see if they had any more Husky 60 piece mechanic sets for 30$. Which they didn't, but had a 252 piece mechanic set for 60$, so I snagged that up instead. The ad only showed the 60 and 90 piece sets. But I like this one more.

Tomorrow I might try to get the Canon all-in-one printer from Office Depot for 30$. It's a decent printer, but I don't know if I want to hold off on it till Kari's birthday or not (I want to get all the parts for her to build a new computer).

hi :) you might consider this HP all-in-one printer from wal-mart. it's still in stock right now and $25 with $0.97 shipping. i've used HP printers for years and never gotten a bad printer.

Well, I got off work at 11pm last night, slept till 3am, then hit JCP at 4. Got my son a pair of Southpole and Arizona jeans, then headed to WM. Thats where we got A LOT! MP3 player, V motion and game, pajama pants for my son, Light and sounds ball, 2 jackets, vacuum, coffee maker, digital photo frame, a hoodie for my 8 month old nephew, some $2 dvd's, and a Mickey my nephew can ride on as well. Thats just PART of it! (I have teens so as you can tell I have little nephews, 8mo, 2, 4, and one more nephew due in about 2 weeks.) I looked at the adult hoodies but HATED them, so no go for me. However, I am now DONE!!!! I am SO happy...and am now going to bed...LOL!

We walked in to Walmart at 11:30pm and zipped back to the DVDs. Picked up Bolt and Mulan (2-disc special edition), and waited around for a few minutes. We price compared with the TRU ad and got the movies for $9.99; checked out in under 2 minutes and headed home for a nap.

Went to a local bookstore (Half Price Books) at 6:15am and got a free gift card to the store for future use. (Went specifically for that, and didn't buy anything. No purchase required.)

Headed to the mall next mainly to visit the Disney Store. (DH also had a freebie offer for Aveda, so he snagged his free body wash while there.) At the DS, we got 3 beanie-sized plush (2 Christmas Minnies and 1 New Year's Eve Stitch) for $4; picked up three ornaments (Jimminy Cricket, Dumbo, and Stitch) for $4; and, a 12-inch Minnie for $8.

DH stopped in a sport's store and found something NOT on sale (who does that on BF??) that he "HAD" to have, so we ended up with a Steelers' Mr. Potato Head.

We went to WM on a spur of the moment to see if they had any of the $5 toys left. (My mom runs a private daycare and gets small gifts for her kids.) Ended up with 3 packs of the Hotwheels and a Barbie for $5 each. (So those, along with the plush from the DS meant my mom is done shopping for the kids without ever leaving the house!! :rotfl:)

Mom had mentioned wanting the doorbuster Kodak camera that WM had, so we called dad quickly to see if he wanted us to pick one up as his gift to her; they were rolling the doorbuster merchandise to the back when we got there as the deals were about to end. I yelled at DH to snag a camera, so he literally ran after the man rolling the display to the back and snagged one off without the man ever noticing. (Wish I had this one on tape!!) We checked out right before the deals ended.

BTW, our Walmart had MULTIPLES of every TV that was a doorbuster left; and, they had a TON of the GPS, the Kodak camera, and most of the "big ticket" items. I was shocked when we walked in and that was all being hauled to the back!

Off to Home Depot next; got two boxes of multi-colored 100 count lights for 99cents each.

Went to Wolf Camera and grabbed a camera case for mom's new camera for $7.99.

I went to Hobby Lobby looking for a specific tree skirt that was $44.99 and half off, but they were out. By then, we were exhausted and dragging badly, so we headed home. I'm going back out tomorrow to see if I can find that.

I just realized most of my shopping that I ended up scoring was really the shopping that mom and dad should have done! Oh well; at least I helped them cross things off their list, have a hilarious memory of DH chasing the WM employee for a camera, and put some points on the Disney Visa "for free" since my parents are paying us back for all of the items we got for them. (DH, that means more money towards the trip I want to plan for next year!! :rotfl2:)

DH stopped in a sport's store and found something NOT on sale (who does that on BF??) that he "HAD" to have, so we ended up with a Steelers' Mr. Potato Head.

When I was walking into Walmart, I saw a guy and a girl walking out with eggs, a gallon of milk and laundry detergent. I was like :confused3 why would you go to Walmart Black Friday morning and get that stuff?? I most certainly would have gone to Walgreens or the gas station which were right nearby instead!!!

Maggie

I did all of my BF shopping online starting Wednesday evening, then most of Thursday morning and some Friday morning. I got EVERYTHING on my list at the BF prices I wanted to pay.

Of course I got extra stuff too like the discounted movies on the Amazon site yesterday too!

Never had to deal with parking lots or crowds!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter