Black Friday Buddies 2009 Unite! SCORE REPORTS, WAIT STORIES, HAULS FOR DAY!!

I was able to place an order at Walmart at 2:30 (started trying at 2) central. I got what I needed, but will be going to the store around 10 to see if there are any pj sets left!

Score!!!

32 inc lcd tv 248
pjs for kids 3.00
wrangler jeans for hubby 9.00 w tee
pjs for hubby 7.00
1 tb hard drive 78.00
canon 15.1 mp dslr 699.00 plus accessories
polarid video camera 39.99
shaken go raceway 34.00
hotwheels color blaster garage 11.49
vtch puter
scatterpillar
nerf vulcan gun

i scored too! i was up when the wal-mart sale started at 2:30 am CT (i got up at 1:45 am CT) and i got the $25 printer and $29 digital picture frame. DH fixed DD's old computer (it just needed the fan replaced-we had one from an old computer), so we're going to hold off on a laptop. i didn't know it, but my aunt needed one for my cousin. i wish she'd told me, i clicked on the laptop last night and it was available, but everything is sold out now.

I got the Samsung HE wash machine and dryer from Sears at 5 am for 1K. I did all the paperwork last Friday and the guy came into work and rang me up. I did get up to call and remind him but he said it was already done!:love:

I scored:
2 sets of jogging suits for DD
2 set of pj's for DD
Tinkerbell and friends dress up trunk
Gator Golf game

and the BIG score.... PS3 bundle (ok, so I have to admit I have to give credit to DH for that one... he stayed up white I was waiting in line at the store for it. he scored it and I gently walked away... yes, there were several fights about to break out, police were there.. I was just happy to get the heck outta dodge.. I checked out at 4:30 a.m.... didn't even have to wait in line !!!!:goodvibes)

I got to Old Navy @12:30 am and waited in line about 2.5 hours. There were a few line jumpers (4), but pretty orderly all things considered. A woman behind me was very vocal about line jumpers and late comers trying to bum rush the doors - she was great!

My store had 71 wristbands, distributed them around 2:18 am so I was able to get a LegoRock band game for free (I was about #30 in line)! It is the full version of the software. Inside I got $15 jeans for me and $10 for DS as well as a $5 fleece pullover and some cute "monster slippers" for DS. :cool1:

I was in & out of ON in 18 minutes!

Went to Wal-Mart - yikes an UN-ORGANIZED MESS. Apparently the store let people line up for the hot ticket items at 10:00 pm. People were literally sitting in many of the aisles with their carts, the aisles were unpassable. Someone got trampled in electronics, the police were called. I got the $5 football and basketball, couldn't find the helmet and knee/wristpads I wanted. I also stocked up on batteries. And I got an airhog zero gravity car for $15, but the price rang up wrong so I had to wait for a manager to make an adjustment - it pays to bring your salespaper with you. There were so many people packed over near the DVDs, I couldn't get to them. Many customers were "trading" items - GPS for DS Lite, etc.

I then proceeded to stand in line for over an hour, waiting for them to ring up customers at exactly 5:00 am :eek: even though there was a HUGE back-up. I won't go back to Wal-Mart for black Friday again.

Next to K-mart, it was much quieter. They didn't have the ring size I wanted -but they only carried 1 size? My sister did get a slip for the last DSi bundle, but later changed her mind, we walked out empty handed. K-Mart was a total disappointment.

I'm waiting for a few Cyber Deals on Cyber Monday. I just need a few more little items.

we did great we started at 10:30 last night....

started at the disney store at midnight and went from there.

our walmart was great, we got there at 3:30 and we were able to put stuff in our cart and went ahead to go stand in line about 4:30 and guess what.. they were checking us out !!!! so we got everything we wanted before 5 am. I just went with some friends, all i got was a 9.00 dvd lol

we went everywhere !!! came home took an hour powernap and went back out and now i am home again lol

I scored pretty sweet too!

Left my house at 11:25 pm, and got to my local Disney Store by 11:55! EVERYTHING had an additional 20% off!

Got:
Dinoco helicopter for $20.00 off and an extra 20% off of that
4 Christmas stockings at 25% off and the additional 20% off
Buzz and Woody for $15.00 a piece plus the additional 20%
Tink with fluttering wings doll for $15.00 with additional 20% off

some other stuff too..but smaller less costly items. Oh and I remembered to pick up my copy of UP!

Toys "R" Us. WOW... this place was NUTS! Like the building was wrapped around 3 times with people! Almost all hoping to get a XhuXhu pet or the iTouch with $50.00 gift card!

What I got!

2 leapster handheld video game thingies! Scored the last 4..but handed off two to someone who looked like they were going to cry! They were $29.99

Creepy Crawler Oven lol $8.79

Crayola art tubs- $9.99

Clipo table- $14.99

I was also able to use a $5.00 off and $10.00 off coupon I had! Woot!

Kohls-

Got myself 2 cute cooking aprons! For $5.00 each! yay!

Ornaments at silly low prices!

and the $80.00 Barbie Jet thingy for 29.99 plus an extra 15% off!

Best Buy- $30.00 worth of iTunes gift cards for $25.00

Bath and Body Works- everything was buy 3 get 3 free. Also they had a one day only deal, spend $40.00 and get a bag with over $150.00 worth of stuff (that number might be off) for $15.00. It actually had some good stuff in it too! Plus, my friend got me a $50.00 gift card for there for $35.00, and also gave me a $10.00 off a purchase of $30.00 or more! so for $41.00 total I was able to get over $200.00 worth of stuff!

Gymboree- 3 pairs of super cute boxer briefs, a 2 pack of socks and a pair of Pj's for $14.95. Not a super great deal, but good for Gymboree.

i think that is all... all in all I was happy. Only thing I am bummed about is missing walmart :( i really wanted $3.00 PJ's and the $18.00 Disney comforters

Whew I am shopped out!

We got shut out at Old Navy our store had only 25 copies! ARGH! And we number 32 in line. Actually DH was. I was at Best buy getting a Laptop. Got that. Not one of the super cheap ones but a sale one and it's the one I wanted so that was good.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Pa...&skuId=9601326&st=hp laptop 8GB amd&cp=1&lp=5
This one!

Meanwhile DH was in Target scoring the Lego Crystal Skull set, Chi, Couple of video games oh and a Razor Scooter($17!) We ended up with 2 $10 gift cards from here (although I think he got shafted out of another one(It was supposed to come with one of the video games) But still a good haul.

Then it was Walmart- got my CRICUT!!:cool1: Merry Christmas to me and dh is letting me use it now! WOOHOO!
And also got a couple cheapo toys, *games ect.

Then off to the Mall
Vera Bradley- got a small purse, a mini hipster and a ribbon board (not on sale) but I qualified for the Free Bag (Merry Christmas Mom)It's cute.

Then Hmm where did we go this is where I started dragging- oh went to Lego-- Got 2 advent calenders, a bunch of sets and magnets(the magnets were all $9) then I got the lousy 10% off on top of that but better than nothing.

American eagle for some great deals
Hollister was having buy one get one half off but by now the line was soooo long and not worth the wait to me. DD is already making out like a bandit needed to shop for the boys.

Bought more games at another store. 20% off.
Ooops forgot bath and body works spent $40 and bought a boatload of stuff. (mostly non-gifts though) candles for me buy one get one- and buy 3 soaps for $10 and hmm oh I used my free gift with $10 purchase card and got a free moisture shower gel for dd(her favorite scent) a bunch of hand sanitizers and a scrub sponge. Really that was a good stop.

Then went to pick up my $10 mall gift card to find out they ran out! DOH!

Last stop of the day was Gamestop. Picked up Left for Dead 2 for $39. Good one that was on the list so saved $20.

Saved about $400 I am guessing on the shopping today!

No Lego Rock Band for us :( ~ my sister joined me in the hunt - we got to Old Navy right before midnight ~ several people in front of us left right then thinking the store opened at 12am, once informed of the 3am opening they dissappeared. I knew my store had only 25 games but I was hopeful - just before 3am wristbands were handed out - as they got closer I heard they just had XBox left (we have a Wii ~ but XH might get a XBox as a family gift for his house so it could stay there) well I was 3 short ~ the group in front of us *a couple & his sister* would've taken 2 copies, a lady in front of them got the last one!

I got a dark grey coat for me *very chic, DS - cordaroy (sp?) pants, fleece pants, DD - pink tutu skirt & some leggings. Check out took forever ~ my sis and I took turns waiting in line while the other shopped. We got out of there just after 4am and decided to check out Wal*Mart ~ I was interested in the $3 track suits & $3 pajamas. We got there just after 4:30 and split up ~ my sis went to girls for me for the jammies and I made my way to boys for track suits ~ we got out of there with 4 track suits for DS (can't beat $3) 1 for my nephew and the fleece 2 piece princess jammies for DD. It was much easier checking out at Wal*Mart but debit cards were not working! My sister ran her's as credit and that worked but I headed to my credit union's ATM *which was right in front of my register* and pulled out $20 ~ my total was $16.xx I'm tired ~ I was supposed to be to work @ 9am ~ I got here @ 11:15! My cousin's getting married this evening ~ it's gonna be a long day!

DH and I started our day waking up at 2:30am. Left the house at 3:30am

Got to Khols at 3:45am waited in the car and watched all the people in line getting wet. 4:00am the doors opened. Waited 5 min more in the car then got to the end of the line and walked right into the store. Went tried on and got 4 maternity shirts at 50%-60% off and used my extra 15% off. Had to wait in a bit of a line to checkout but was out of Khols by 4:25am.

Next:

DH and I arrived at Target at 4:35am and again waited in the car watching the people in the now wind and rain. At 5:10am we went and got at the end of the line laughing at the people standing in front of the doors waiting to get in. It is so much better to just walk to the end of the line and walk in with everyone then waiting in front of the doors cause the line just keeps growing. We got in way before all the people we saw standing in front of the doors strying to get in but the security guard would not let them. Once in I sent DH to go get his $8.00 jeans (he got 8 pairs) and $10.00 sweaters (4 of those). I went and got 2 sets of the 700 count sheets. We had no wait to checkout here. We got our $10.00 gift card for spending $100.00 or more and we were off to our next stop by 5:22am.

Next Breakfast:

We made a stop at Wawa and grabbed a toasted everything bagel each and shared a milk.

Next:

After breakfast we arrived at Home Depot at 5:45am. DH though they opened at 5am but when we arrived we saw a line with about 12 in it. DH check the ad again and saw they opened at 6:00 so again we hungout in the car and about 5min before opening we got in line as the rain and wind had stopped and there wasn't many people there. Once in DH went and got 4 wet/dry vacs, and batteries for his job. He got two tools bags as christmas presents for his co workers. He also got 2 sets of screwdrivers, and one 6 pack of flashlights. We finished up here by 6:30am.

Next:

We made a stop home to drop off all the stuff as the wet/dry vacs were taking up all the space in my car.

Next:

We drove back towards home Depot to the sears hardware where DH bought 2 shelving units for his job. He wanted to get them while we were out there but we didn't have any room in my car for them. We got there at 7:00am and were out of there by 7:15am.

Next:

We drove out to the Disney store in the cherry hill mall our last stop of the day. We got there at 7:45am. The store was crowed and the line was long to checkout. I found the large pooh plush for $20 and thought it would be great for the baby's room so DH got in line while I looked around the rest of the store. I didn't grab anything else so I waited in line with DH. It wasn't bad getting pooh with the extra 20% off made it a great price.

So now we're home. I took a nap for a while and DH took all his new toys to work to put away. Overall it was a very smooth Black Friday without any problems and we got everything we wanted. I was worried being pregnant was going to keep us from getting what we wanted but I liked waiting in the car out of the weather and just being able to walk to the end of the line and walk right in and grab our stuff.

Went to Old Navy at 11:30pm , they had opened up at 11:am not midnight as advertised, before midnight they were out of the Lego Rock Band game so I bought nothing !! The store was mopped and totally insane !!! Then went t Aero which gets the GOLD STAR!!! They had the line marked with a Christmas toy on a stick held by an employee!! All the registers were open and I was outta there in 20 minutes !!! AWESOME !!!

t 1am we hit WalMArt and got tickets forthe 2 IPOD Touches we REALLY wanted !!! While they said in announcements you HAD tostay in line (which one of us did ) You were guaranteed one if you had the ticket!! The baled up items were ripped into from the time we walked in Some employees were strict about it and some weren't !!Many peple were in line by 1:30 am across from registers waiting for 5 a.m. !!But I have to say security was tight and there was NO line jumping which was always my major complaint !!They need to tweak some things but basically I think it was MUCH better than ever before !! Of course this was my first year with a super center !
Last stop was Target which like Old Navy was insane , there was nosystem for lines and it was worse than Walmart for the congestion~!! We did get most of what we wanted , for me NO Towels !!!!!!Who would have thought they would be such a HOT item !!! Can anyone tellme what BF is likein NYC as we plan on being there next year!!!

Well, I guess I could do a little better.....woke up 12:15 am, went to bed at 7:00pm. Out of the house by 12:45, DD in tow.....

Walmart by 1:10......Pricematched Toys R Us deals, had a minor argument with the cashier who said they didn't honor percent off, which i understood, but the discounted price too was on the flyer. She called the CSM and all was well. All Toys R Us stuff bought and in car by 1:45 am.

Then back in WM for second round. Fight broke out in 98 DS territory as to who was first in line etc. Laptop lines were outrageous, so we gave that fight up. DSIL scored the 32 LCD TV online so we went on to nab the smaller items. When then found a seat in the front of the store where we waited til 4:30 am. We were first in check out line, and we were out of WalMart by 5:05 am.

On to Sams Club, we got 2 250 gb hard drives, could have had all the ipods of any type we wanted, and grabbed a dual screen dvd player......out by 5:45 am. DD grabbed breakfast there, free....

At Target by 6:00 am, parking was crazy. DD got in check out line 6:15. I scoured the store for nikkon cool pix, 2 digital portable tvs, cheap jeans, pjs, few dvds, again could have had all the ipods I wanted, 1 portable dvd widescreen, hoodie.....out at 7:05 only because checkout line wild.

7:10 at Sears, and shortly thereafter out. Couldn't find the CRB jeans for all and lines were a bit much.....

On to Best Buy, with a pit stop at McDonalds for Diet Coke!!!! 7:45 am arrive, and left at 8:15 am, with my DSLR deal!!!

Disappointment of the day: no good opportunities and prices for the Nintendo DS games and Wii games the kids wanted. Some in WM hinted at the store workers hiding the DS games to not have to discount them, in any case they were hard to find and when I did find them they weren't games my kids were interested in.

We started at toys r us,got in line at 9pm and we were the first to get in (line was wrapped around the bldg 2 X! ) They were VERY crazy!Then we headed to kohls so I could get my down comforters (got 3 king size,dif colors)the sign said 29.00 but I paid 24.00, they are all we use so I made sure to get them.Then headed to target to get in line,we got in right at 5 am and got 3 sandwhich makers,1 toaster,6 pj sets (they were charging 5.00 even for adult sizes)2 sherpa hoodies for the kids,1 dig pic frame for 29.00,big nerf gun,robe,flannel king sheets for 13.00,bakumon battle set 10.00 ,3 dvds,2 pairs of really cool jeans for my son for 6.00 each and candyland.my dh and I split up and got everything in 10 minutes and were checked out by 5:30!! I am glad because the line was wrapped around the inside of the store to check out!I went back to kohls later and got a very pretty dinner set (setting for 8) it was white with silver trim for holiday dinners for 29.00!I went to walgreens and got my mom the antonio bandaris (sp) perfume for women at 75% off so it was 5.78.....we finished all our shopping in one day

I'm tired. My BFF's and I met at 4 and hit Penny's, Gamestop, Target, and Bed Bath & Beyond. Then two of my friends bailed and the third friend and I hit Michael and went out to breakfast. We separated and I went to Toys R Us and was home at noon.

I got everything I wanted, except from Xbox wireless controllers (low priority-don't care that much) and the $3 sandwich maker from Target (again, not a big deal, but would have given to dd). I wanted the messenger bag for the XBox at Toys R Us, but was told they haven't had those in 6 months and weren't sure why it was in the ad.

Pretty happy this a.m. I just have to order a few things on Amazon and my shopping is basically done. I work full time, in education, so am excited about having my shopping done, so I can relax during vacaction!

Julia

Woke up at 2 hit WM by 4, got everything on the list - MAJOR SCORE as I wiped half my Christmas list off in this store. Next to mall for JCPenny's, Macy's, Bath & Body works, Victoria Secret, Sears, Yankee Candle (nothing there). Hit Bed Bath & Beyond, ON, and finally Target. Stopped to eat a little lunch and was home by 1:15. Only two people left on my list to buy for!!!!

We also went to Walmart. I had already went earlier so I knew where everything was so that helped a lot. We got there at 3:15-3:30am and we able to get a cart and walk right in. My friend got a ticket and got in the line for the TV. I just went and got the toys were were there for, the only thing they did not have out was the Air Hogs : (. I was able to go stand in line with her while she waited for the TV. Walmart also locked the doors sometime after 4am to avoid a rush of people.

We checked out in sporting goods, there was no one by the counter, once people saw they were checking people out the line got long. It was nothing compaired to the front of the store. When we got outside, a lady was taken away on a stretcher and there were fire trucks and ambulances...it was like a scene from a movie. It was crazy to stand in the store and literally hear the craziness begin. I was so happy we got there early and just waited, most of the doorbusters and good deals were gone when we left.

I think the fact that we knew were things were helped a lot.

For just getting a cricut a few months ago, I made up for it WELL. :goodvibes 12 carts (some will be from my family) a bunch (7-9 ?) of packs of paper for SBing, sheets for all of our beds, cristmas dresses for my girls, more clothes for them, Ds games and a bunch of stuff free from CVS to name the best deals.

Recovery----wow! OK so I got up at 2am, got showered and ready to go...tried getting the $98 DS's on walmart online at 3am...well it was 3:10 and the sale still wasn't kicking in so we got the car and went to Old Navy...Holy Moly. I wasn't going for anythign but jeans, a coat for DD, and some performance fleece. Got what I needed --my cousin found a friend in line and we joined and were out in 30 mins. The line was to the back of the store --looping back around and towards the front of the store....whoo thank god we had a friend and got outta there.
Headed to Walmart and got inl line--well it was an hour before they were handing out the DS's , so my cousin and I took turns running and getting stuff and coming back in line. The DS's had to be bought at the cash register back in sporting goods, so got 2 and headed towards check out. As we waited forever--45 mins or so to check out the rest we continued taking turns finding things(flash drives, SD cards, jammies, digital picture frame, ds games, movies, etc).
Off to Target---found more movies, pj's ds games, etc. I think I did well....Then at 9am....after being up 7-8 hours...we headed to our Qdoba and had Break-lunch......LOL
Then off to pick up kids and mom and we went out again. I scored everything I need! BF was a big success!!!

I hope everyone had a great time!!

Just now getting home and trying to relax after 32 hours of no sleep. My sister and I were first in line at Toys R Us (we arrived at 8:30pm Thanksgiving night), we went specifically for Zhu Zhu pets and a couple other small items. The store employees passed out tickets for the pets at around 11pm, and though we got tickets when we got in the store they told everyone they never got any accessories in at all and all the hamster colors they had we arleady had. So we got a few small items at Toys R Us, but left without any Zhu Zhus.

Next we headed to Target and arrived at 12:30, we were also first in line there. So after another four and a half hours in the cold we were in Target and got everything we went after except Zhu Zhus! The employees said they had no zhu zhus at all nor did they have any accessories and didn't know if they'd get more in.

On a similar note, Walmart also said no Zhu Zhus or accessories as did CVS. But on a happier note, we were able to do Best Buy and Office Max online Thanksgiving afternoon and therefore able to skip those stores this morning.

So after Target we hit Staples, Kohls, Stein Mart, Bed bath and beyond and were finally done.

Aside from the stores we hit, my sister's husband hit Kmart and Walmart for us.

It's been a long day, but totally worth it even though we came home empty handed when it comes to zhu zhu pets/accessories.

The deals may not have been extraordinary this year but on some items we would have bought anyway it was nice to be able to save some money (which we are always thankful for). We got everything we wanted (minus zhu zhus) and so today was a big success for us.

This was the first year I've ever been first at any store, it was odd because it seemed like not as many people were out early this year but stores got crazy about an hour before opening when the crowds came in flocks.

At TRU there were easily 500+ people by 11pm and I was so thankful to be the first in line so I could get in and get out with all my limbs attached! People were crazy but thankfully there were police there to deal with the people who wanted to rush the line at the last minute.

Overall we all made it out without a scratch and it was fun, I know we'll be doing it again next year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter