Birthday on Embarkation day

youthfulwarriormom

Earning My Ears
My DH's birthday is on May 25th...the day we embark on the Magis to the Bahamas. Do they do the Birthday room packages on that day so that the room would be decorated when we first arrive into it? Thanks.

This will be our first cruise and I am learning so much from these forums.

Can’t answer your question but make sure you tell the DCL person who hands out the boarding numbers. The family that was in from of me this past June was celebrating a birthday on embankment day, the birthday boy showed his passport as proof and they all got boarding number 4. I got boarding number 18. It was nice of pixie dust for the birthday family.

If you order the package, it is ALWAYS up in your cabin when you arrive--regardless of when the birthday is!

Also, stop by "dining changes" the first afternoon to alert the head server that you do want the dining room birthday celebration on that night.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/p...menities/#Florida Ports Celebrations Packages

Also, you can call ahead of time (or have your TA do it if you booked thru a TA) and have them notate on your reservation that you would like to celebrate his birthday in the dining room on May 25th. Then when at dinner, you can discretely confirm it w/ either your head server (make an excuse about needing to go to the bathroom and speak w/ any head server if you haven't met your particular one yet) or your service team.

HTHs! :thumbsup2

Our DS's 4th birthday was embarkation day on our cruise last year. When we arrived, the room was decorated, the cake was there, and they also had cake for him at dinner that evening.

Our stateroom host also created an unbelievable "birthday party" of critters out of what looked to be every extra piece of linen on his cart!

They treated him like a prince; I'm sure they will in your case too!

I was wondering if Disney announces birthdays also, Oct 13th is my birthday and it's the day we board on the Magic out of Galveston.

We are celebrating my daughter's 13th birthday on our cruise though it is a week after her actual birthday.

Our TA noted it is her birthday and when I pull up our reservation on the DCL site, it is noted next to her name. I plan on ordering the birthday decorations for our room as a surprise and they also said they will have a cake for her on our first (or second?) night sailing...I want that to be a surprise, too, so will have to secretly tell our server!

They were very helpful when I called DCL!

I was wondering if Disney announces birthdays also, Oct 13th is my birthday and it's the day we board on the Magic out of Galveston.

When you board, the CM will ask your name in order to announce you. At that point you can tell them whatever info you want them to announce. On one cruise, I had them announce "The Kings from Pittsburgh celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary". They happily obliged. Just make sure you know what you want them to say before you get there. The line can be long and you don't want to hold up the line. GIving them an index card with the info is also a quick way to go.

Just figure out the announcement in advance--writing it on an index card as suggested above is great. And remember that you will get basically one sentence that will start with "The Disney Magic welcomes...." You can fill in "Mary Jones, who is celebrating her ABC birthday, and even allowed her family to come along" or anything that appeals to you.

On the fantasy mv I mentioned that it was my nieces 13th bday and the whole welcoming crew sang her happy birthday to announce her! It was pretty neat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter