Birthday/Marathon Questions.... have I forgotten anything?

booth22

Mouseketeer
Ok... we're going to be staying at DLH for the weekend of the half-marathon/labor day. We're celebrating my wife's birthday and I think I've thought of everything.... but just in case.. oh, and if you have comments/suggestions on the dining, please chime in...

The hotel is aware of the birthday, Friday we're doing the Happiest Birthday on Earth Celebration one afternoon (we know it's for kids..) and Fantasmic premier seating that night. Saturday dinner at Storyteller's with friends who are also running. Sunday Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour and dinner at Wine County Trattoria. And after the run we'll hit Goofy's kitchen for brunch!

Any other suggestions for Birthdays?

And is Storyteller's a good spot for dinner? The friends joining us won't be in the parks that weekend, so we're limited to hotels and DTD for dinner... We're looking for a fun birthday atmosphere for the meal!

You could order a gift basket delivered to your room from vacation planning. That would be sweet.

If you want a really nice dinner, the Nappa Rose inside the Grand Californian is suppose to be fabulous. I haven't had the chance to eat there yet, but it's suppose to be a 5-star restaurant with a fantastic menu.

Your such a brave person to head into the parks during the Labor Day weekend. I'm also running the 1/2 marathon, but this year I'm skipping the parks altogether. Last year I went into Club 33 for brunch after I ran the 1/2 marathon, but I didn't feel like walking around the park, so we just left and went home. So, this year, we'll just check out of the hotel after the race and have breakfast someplace on the way home.

It sounds like it's going to be a fun birthday! I love Storyteller's Cafe. The atmosphere is very warm and cozy in my opinion, plus the food is great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter