Birthday cupcake?

malcontent

happy to be grumpy
We are going in August during DD9's birthday. Since we are on the DlxDP, it seems that even a 6 inch cake would be wasted on the three of us.

A birthday cupcake would be perfect. However, I thought I saw somewhere that they are no longer offering this.

Please tell me this isn't true!!! :confused:

I do not know if you can have a special cupcake made to order...I do know that Chef Mickeys will bring a cupcake if you ask...Many other places will also bring a small special dessert for the birthday person...Make sure your reservations state there is some one with a birthday and also make sure they know when you check in for your reservation...

At Tony's they decorated the table and gave my son a special decorated ice cream (covered as dessert on the plan)...At Trails End they also gave him a special ice cream (covered on the plan)...At Chef Mickey we got the cupcake (free)...At Donald's Breakfast they had him come to the middle of the room and every one sang Happy Birthday to him..

So I do not think you need to order anything...And you are right, you are going to have so much food that a cake would be a waste....You may want to call the hotline just to be safe but I think you will be okay with the something special they will bring you as part of the dessert on the dining plan.

i went for my bday in Oct last year, and i thought it wouldnt feel like my bday w/o blowing out a candle. Ohana gave me a cupcake w/ 1 candle in it which was perfect since i was stuffed! They sand happy bday to me too.

We celebrated my 50th bday last year at Disney and every restaurant (except Boatwright's) brought out either a cupcake or a brownie or something with a candle in it (some of the places we ate were: Crystal Palace, LeCellier, Liberty Tree Tavern, Mama Melrose)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter