Birthday cake from Sam's Club

luvthatdisney

DIS Veteran
Hi guys,

I am going to get a birthday cake for my ds's party. I want the kind that you can put a picture on (like a picture of him). Does anyone know how much advance time they need to make one of these cakes???

For the picture - you might need a little more time. Call your local Sams - they will tell you over the phone. I always order the cup cakes from Sams for my DD pictured below (btw - get the butter cream icing - its unbelievably delicious). I hate cutting cakes - its so "messy"!!! With cup cakes everyone gets their own "piece" - and I always buy the individual ice cream cups too - its soooo convenient - guess I'm on the "lazy" side - and a few years back - when I had Dora the explorer at her (I think) 4th Birthday party - I even ordered pizzas from Sam's!!! I don't think I spent $100 on food for the entire party.

If it is a picture you have taken of him you will be fine but we just had a picture cake made from Sam's and needed a release for the professional picture, due to copyrights.

Around here for photos cakes they normally want 48 hours, but I'm sure they'd do it with less notice if the bakery wasn't particularly busy. I normally get a non-photo cake for my kids, but I customize it and it HAS to be whipped cream icing (my entire family hates butter cream...ick). It only takes a few hours notice to get the non-photo cake.

BTW, Sam's cakes are the cheapest around and are EXCELLENT! The cakes are always moist and the whipped cream icing is delicious.

formernyer said:
it HAS to be whipped cream icing (my entire family hates butter cream...ick).

ick - ick - ick!!! :stir:

I hate that whipped cream icing - thats not icing its, its, its warm cool whip!!! :rolleyes1 - You don't know what real icing taste like. Ya know I'm just kidding right. :love: Wouldn't it be funny to post this thread and it turns into a really "bloody" battle - whip cream or butter cream icing. Those threads are sooooo funny to me!!! People love to debate about anything. But seriously, you don't like butter cream icing - its like my great granny's icing - people paid for her cakes. She's 99 years old and doesn't get around so much anymore - but she gives me her recipes.

djm99 said:
ick - ick - ick!!! :stir:

I hate that whipped cream icing - thats not icing its, its, its warm cool whip!!! :rolleyes1 - You don't know what real icing taste like. Ya know I'm just kidding right. :love: Wouldn't it be funny to post this thread and it turns into a really "bloody" battle - whip cream or butter cream icing. Those threads are sooooo funny to me!!! People love to debate about anything. But seriously, you don't like butter cream icing - its like my great granny's icing - people paid for her cakes. She's 99 years old and doesn't get around so much anymore - but she gives me her recipes.

You have got to be kidding me, I can not believe you would even eat that butter cream stuff, it is sooooooo gross

:rotfl: :rotfl: (but I really do prefer Whipped Cream :rolleyes1 )

Seriously, I would call your Sams and see what they say, just in case it is different everywhere. I hope your DS has a great Birthday!!

It's not like I gag on butter cream icing, but even GOOD butter cream is just way too sweet for me so I leave it all on the plate. Sam's butter cream icing is good quality...I just don't care for it.

Thanks guys!

While I was out yesterday I went ahead and stopped - I'm glad I did. Went ahead and placed my order - now I dont have to worry about that! A full sheet cake with the "picture perfect" picture on it is $30.

I did get the buttercream icing as our family likes to eat the icing and leave the cake so the whipped topping does not go over too well here!

Thanks again guys!

I just wanted to advise that you lift off the pic when you serve it. THe produst they use to put it on taste nasty. It is like eating paper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter