Birthday Buttons

nmccrea

Earning My Ears
My daughter's 9th birthday will happen while we are WDW.Someone suggested that we get her a birtday button.I was wondering if you would just wear it the day of your birthday or the whole trip?This is our first family vacation and want to make it as special as possible.Might be they only time we will get to WDW.Also would you mention it on all ADR's or just on her actual day?

You can wear it your whole trip! We're going down in October and celebrating DH's 40th (though it's in August) and DD #2's 4th b'day (later in October). The trip is a b'day trip to celebrate. We went for our anniversary and wore the pins the whole time. You will get lots of attention with CM's and even other visitors wishing the b'day person a special b'day!

Enjoy your trip!

On our last trip, we celebrated DD's birthday. We stopped at Guest Relations in each park and she got a birthday pin. She got a ton of attention and even a special balloon, signed card in our room from a dream squad member for YOMD. Also, try and ride in the front of the monorail. You may have to wait a bit, but the views are spectacular, and she gets a monorail drivers license.

For our anniversary last February we were instructed to wear the buttons every day. We got lots of "Happy Anniversary" from CM's, got some special YOAMD Tink pins randomly from a CM at AK, and on the night of our actual anniversary the LTT had a heart laid out on the table in glitter confetti.

Definately wear it every day. She'll never get sick of hearing "happy birthday princess" from the CMs and may get a few extra surprises. We go for our Anniversary every year and wear out buttons all week. I'm 31 and I STILL like to hear "Happy Anniversary Princess" :rotfl:

You may be able to get your button at the front desk of your hotel. That's where we got ours. They have "first timers", "grand gatherings", "Happy Anniversary", "Happy Birthday", and "Just Married" buttons

I will be celebrating my birthday on our next trip. I was thinking about making 3 shirts to wear that say, Tomorrow is my birthday, today is my birthday and yesterday was my birthday. That way I can celebrate it for a few days. I thought I might put on my actual b-day shirt, Today is my birthday but I'm not telling. And then make one for the kids that say, We will... she's 35.

Where do you get the birthday buttons?

My exh will be celebrating his birthday while we are there.

Thanks

At guest relations in the park. You might be able to get them at the front desk at the resorts also. I wear mine every day we are there. Just a couple of weeks ago in fact. I got a pass for any one attraction at MK, a birthday cupcake at CP and chocolate cake at the resturant in Italy. Plus a lot of "Happy Birthdays". I am 38 and do this every year in Feb/March (bday is 2/3) depending on when we go.

Annette :)

We are taking DD for her first WDW trip in April, so we know that we are getting her the First Timer button. However, we are also celebrating 12th Anniversary during this vaca, but the actual annversary in is June (June is just too hot in Central FL!) If we got buttons for our Anniversary, would that be pushing it?

No...nobody is checking your marriage or birth certificate. If you are celebrating it...you can get your button!

We are taking DD for her first WDW trip in April, so we know that we are getting her the First Timer button. However, we are also celebrating 12th Anniversary during this vaca, but the actual annversary in is June (June is just too hot in Central FL!) If we got buttons for our Anniversary, would that be pushing it?

Do you get the 1st timer buttons at guest relations as well?

It will be my girls first trip to WDW and they would love that!

Do you get the 1st timer buttons at guest relations as well?

I would assume so. We'll be at WDW for 4 days, beginning with EPCOT, so I'll check there. If they don't have them, I'll ask at POP front desk when we go back to the hotel.

I can't wait! I'm getting so antsy to go...I'll go make some sort of list now (it's like a drug for me...)

I would assume so. We'll be at WDW for 4 days, beginning with EPCOT, so I'll check there. If they don't have them, I'll ask at POP front desk when we go back to the hotel.

I can't wait! I'm getting so antsy to go...I'll go make some sort of list now (it's like a drug for me...)

Yes you can get them at guest relations at any park.

My DD celebrated her 9th birthday at WDW in 2006. She only wore her button on her actual birthday. She had a great time - lots of CMs wished her a Happy Birthday, Minnie (or actually the CM with her) had all the kids around her sing Happy Birthday to her, another CM gave her a free pin. One word or warning if your DD has any siblings . . . my younger DD was VERY jealous of all the attention her sister got and actually wanted to go home early! :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter