Billy Joel was the perfect choice for voicing Dodger in Oliver And Company

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
Billy Joel became my crush and when I learned he was Dodger in Oliver And Company I was surprised because this was Billy's first animated movie voiceover role and he really brought Dodger to life so well. I begged for a plush Dodger so that I could dance him to Billy Joel's music and I couldn't find one and I especially thought Dodger looked stylish with his bandana that made him so cool. I also discovered that Billy actually did Dodger's voice as a surprise for his daughter when she was three years old and it was a great gift to her. But why didn't Why Should I Worry appear on any Billy Joel albums or greatest hits albums?. Was it not a successful song for Billy Joel?

I think I might see Oliver And Company sometime but hopefully I won't get a weak feeling and sweaty palms whenever Dodger speaks because that's what Billy Joel does to me when I listen to his music

I loved that movie as a kid, but I find it hard to watch now, not because of Billy Joel, but because of the opening number by Huey Lewis. It gets me every time! I know it all works out, but it's a tough start - sort of like Up.

Such an underrated movie. I love it. And it was great to hear "Why Should I Worry" be played unexpectedly on the (limited-run) Billy Joel Channel on Sirius XM a couple of weeks ago.

Every so often I watch Oliver And Company on Disney+ and I love it when Billy Joel sings Why Should I Worry because it sounds like Billy is having so much fun singing the song and Dodger really knows how to carry a tune so good. When I listen to music I always like to hear my Billy Joel albums but my mother gets annoyed when Billy Joel screams his songs and my mother and I love it but we always do this:
Mom: My gosh will you please turn that down?
Me: Mom it's just Dodger singing
Mom: Oh, Dodger does do a lot of singing and he is real nice and I never knew your namesake sang so good
I don't know how Billy Joel got chosen to sing and voice Dodger in Oliver And Company but I would love to see Billy Joel do more Disney movies or release a comeback album soon maybe soon Disney might choose him to do a soundtrack for another Disney movie soon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter