Bike share at Fort Wilderness

Discussion in 'Camping at Disney World' started by jdandsd, Jun 10, 2018.

1. jdandsd

jdandsd Earning My Ears

Is there a bike share going on at Fort Wilderness? Or does anyone know of a cheaper bike rental service than renting one from Disney?
    Thank you!

Tkfurlich and MamaJessie like this.
  2. bama_ed

bama_ed It's kind of fun to do the impossible-Walt Disney

jdansdad,

There is no bikeshare that I am currently aware of.

Disney rents the bikes at the Bike Barn for about $18-20 a day (no discount for multi-day rental). Thing is, though, (for those reading along) those are DAILY rentals meaning you have to turn the bikes in to Disney by when the Bike Barn closes every night and can only get a bike once they open each morning. You can't keep a Disney bike rental overnight. As such, anything longer than a 1-day rental is a logistical burden.

There is a bike store across I4 in the Celebration community that advertises rentals.

https://www.evolvebikes.com/articles/renting-a-bike-pg65.htm

They pick up and deliver rentals at the Fort. Since they let you keep the bike overnight, the costs aren't comparable since they're offering a different product.

Bama Ed

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. 2goofycampers

2goofycampers Sounds like something a camping trip could cure! Moderator

It might be cheaper to buy a cheap one online and have it delivered to The Fort and leave it for someone else to use.

4077 likes this.
  5. Tkfurlich

Tkfurlich Earning My Ears

I was wondering about a bike share too. We (myself, husband, son, daughter-in-law) are renting a camper in January 2019. We’ve pulled our own camper and brought bikes in the past but are flying down this time. We greatly enjoy biking around and prefer this to using the golf carts, but it would cost an arm and a leg to go through the Bike Barn or a rental company. Thinking about buying bikes at Walmart and then leaving them with another family when we leave. If anyone is interested in starting something up, let me know!

2goofycampers likes this.
  6. serenitygr

serenitygr DIS Veteran

We’ve been talking about this same idea also!!

7. 2goofycampers

2goofycampers Sounds like something a camping trip could cure! Moderator

The fire pit share didn't last long. If this happens I hope it lasts.

8. CamperMomma

CamperMomma Mouseketeer

We thought about doing this on our November trip too (Nov 23 - Dec 1). I could buy bikes for all 4 of us for less than it would cost to rent one for the week (and no hassle having to turn it in every night!). If someone is coming in on December 1 and interested, let me know! We'll see what we can work out! :)

9. sharadoc

sharadoc Visit WDW since '86, driving since '94.

I proposed a bike share a few years ago. Problem is, the bike has to sit outside waiting for the next person, so how long will it last? Folks shot me down pretty quickly.