Biggest Loser "No Excuses" 2012 Team Challenge for Losers and Maintainers!!!

buzz5985

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the Biggest Loser “No Excuses” 2012 Team Challenge for Losers and Maintainers!
Team Mickey and Team Donald

Dates: January 1, 2012—May 18, 2012 (ending date subject to change based on participant consensus or the Biggest Loser schedule)

To join the challenge please PM Buzz5985 or post on the thread. I prefer a PM, that way I don't miss anyone. You will then be assigned to a team.

I’d like to start by welcoming everyone who is new to the BL challenge and to say thank you to the folks who are helping to organize this challenge!

Weight Keeper—Dvccruiser76
Healthy Habits--cclovesdis
Whittle Inches Now—buzz5985

Thanks also to Rose&Mike and Lisah0711 for running several previous challenges and for helping me to get this one off the ground! Without their patience and guidance I would never had been able to do this.

Please read this post for important information on the challenge and instructions on how to join. Because so many people are motivated to get healthy in the New Year, we are going to go with a team challenge. Each team will have Losers and Maintainers. I will be hosting Team Donald and I am looking for someone to Host Team Mickey. Please keep reading for more details.

A participant list will be posted on this thread and on the team threads and updated periodically.

The coaching schedule and links to Healthy Habits, “Whittle Inches Now” (WIN), and weigh-in and goal results will also be posted on the first page of this thread.

We are so happy to have you join us on the BL “No Excuses” 2012 Team Challenge!
It’s a New Year, the perfect time to jump start a new, healthy routine! You have picked a wonderful place to get started on your healthy living journey! This is a very supportive and active group. You will laugh, you will cry and hopefully through it all you will lose—all on the way to a healthier you!

It is NEVER too late to join the WISH Biggest Loser “No Excuses” 2012 Team Challenge.
To join the challenge PM me (Buzz5985). Please indicate in your message whether you will be a Loser or a Maintainer. We will then assign you to a Team.

We will have two teams this Spring—Team Mickey and Team Donald.
Participants will be assigned to teams on an alternating basis. Our goal is to have some Team Challenges—more to come at a later date!!

The purpose of Teams is to make it easier for participants to get the support they need. As the challenge goes on, a decision will be made as to if and when the threads will merge. When the threads merge we will post on this thread. Until then, this thread is for participant information and results posting.

We would like to strongly encourage everyone to post on either/both team threads. Posting regularly is a great way to make new friends and get the support that you need to reach your goals!!!

Now the details:

1. Join the challenge— send me a pm. You will then be assigned to a team.

2. Jump in and introduce yourself on your team thread. Each team will have a hostess—Team Mickey (????????), Team Donald (buzz5985) and a coach for the week. The coach will keep things going with comments and a Question of the Day (QOTD).

3. On January 1, PM your initial weight to dvccruiser76 (Sue). While you are welcome to post your weight in the thread, you still need to send Sue a PM or your weight will NOT be recorded.

4. If you would like to have a goal tracked for the season, please send that to Sue as well. You can change goals as needed. Goals are tracked as pounds lost and reported as a percentage. Sue will use your weekly weigh in to calculate how close you are to goal. Example: Sue—my goal for this challenge is to lose xx pounds.

5. Maintainers—A maintainer is someone whose weight is within +/- 4 pounds of their original weight. Maintainers should also PM Sue each week. Maintainers are welcome to adjust their maintain weight as needed and are always welcome to move to the Loser team on their team challenge.

6. Please Note: Weigh-ins are on Fridays. Send your initial weigh in on January 1. The first results week weigh-in will be January 6, 2012. Each week our Biggest Losers and our Maintainers are recognized. Results are usually posted on Tuesday or Wednesday. Results will be posted in the main thread with links on the team threads. Final results are tentatively scheduled for the week of May 18, 2012.

As usual, you do not have to watch the TV show to be a part of our challenge. No one is ever voted off our challenge.

After three weeks of not reporting your weight to the weight keeper you are removed from the challenge but if you decide to rejoin you are welcomed with open arms.
The purpose of the WISH Biggest Loser “No Excuses” 2012 Team Challenge is to help you on your weight loss journey and keep us all on track this Spring. The challenge forces you to be accountable. Each week you will report your weight to the weight keeper (dvccruiser76). She is the only person that will know your weight. Your weight will never be published for anyone to see, unless you choose to post it on your team thread.

We do not strictly follow the dates for the BL show, because our participants like as little gap between challenges as possible. We celebrate those small victories and offer advice to help each other meet the weight loss challenges we face. We get to know each other. We laugh together and we cry together. If you do the work, WISH Biggest Loser “No Excuses” 2012 Team Challenge can be your weight loss support system.

You will get out of this challenge what you put into it. If you get serious and use this program it CAN and WILL help you lose weight. As you make choices during the day consider what your fellow losers would do. They would say no to the doughnut at the office but they would find time to get some exercise even if they are tired after a long day. Losing weight is not a 'quick fix'. It takes time, commitment, and lots of hard work. We are all here to help you!

*Clippies: Each team will have a clippie. They can be found on the team thread. After you have been assigned a team, please feel free to use your team clippie!

Let's review the components of our WISH Biggest Loser “No Excuses” 2012 Spring Team Challenge.

The weight report
* Your weight report is due each Friday.
* You PM your report to dvccruiser76.
* Report your weight in pounds, i.e. xxx or xxx.x.
* Carefully review your weight before you send your message to Sue PLEASE make sure the weight is typed correctly. Is that 166 or 156? Are you at 174 or 177? Misspelling is forgivable, typos happen, let's just make sure they don't happen with those numbers in your weight.
* Weight reports are required to remain in the challenge. After three weeks of no reports you are dropped from the challenge. After being dropped from the challenge you may return by reporting your current weight. We will welcome you back any time you want to rejoin if your drop out for a few weeks.
* You can chatter on our thread even if you don't do the weigh ins.

Again this challenge we will have Healthy Habits and Whittle Inches Now.

Healthy Habits (formerly known as challenge of the week)
* CClovesdis will be our Healthy Habits coach. Weekly challenges will encourage us to develop healthy habits for our bodies and souls. Thank you, CC for being our Healthy Habits coach!
* CC will post the challenge of the week on our BL thread.
* Not every week will involve a challenge.
* Participation in the weekly challenge is optional. You can pick and choose what part of the challenge that you want to do.
* Each challenge will clearly state a beginning date, ending date
* Each challenge will include tasks to perform and point values awarded for accomplishing the tasks.
* It is helpful to print the challenge tasks to refer to throughout the week or use the handy link on the first page of the thread

Whittle Inches Now! (WIN!)
* buzz5985 will be our Whittle Inches Now coach (WIN). This is our newest component of the WISH Biggest Loser Challenge and another way to measure your success -- by tracking inches lost! Thank you, Connie96, for developing the WIN Challenge!!!
* There will be several measurements used in this challenge—more details to follow.
* The First of each month you will take your measurements and PM them to buzz5985.
* Your measurements are never posted for anyone to see

In Summary:

WISH Biggest Loser “No Excuses” 2012 Team Challenge
* Two team threads which may be merged at a later date.
* Teams assigned on an alternating basis.
* Participation on the thread is optional.
* Each week a new 'coach' will serve as hostess on our Challenge. Their duties include posting questions of the day, acknowledging posters, posting mini-challenges and offering encouragement. Some coaches may serve for a second week later in the challenge. If you are interested in serving as a coach please PM buzz5985. We strive to have a different coach each week so that means lots of volunteers!

So that's the scoop losers and maintainers. We’d love to have you join our challenge! If you have any questions PM me.

We are pround to present our Losers and Maintainers!!!

Team Mickey - hosted by - CClovesdis

Losers
CClovesdis
Lisa0711
Fitgirl36
glss1/2fll
bellebookworm9
BMC423
Disneydragonfly
Tauwillow
dumbo_buddy
goldcupmom
aamomma
RutgersAlum
tigger813
Octoberbride03
BernardandMissBianca
Friend of a Mouse
FunkyFunBuckets
50sjayne
ohMom
lisaviolet
worfiedoodles
KippWade
MelindaRuns
Swift
scrapbookingmanda
HappyMom2
bambii
Tinkabella
ChefDisneyLu
Disneywedding2010
lovestoscrap
wdwmomOf3
yanni2
PrincessNancy
goofyredraider
dthogue
KDIPIAZZ
DisneyHeather
BuckeyeFan
debrapagliasotti
ScubaD
Katy Beke
Debbie
dmslush
indymom
slriver
Princessparty
kjmommie
Rozz
Janesnnick
groovygirl927
Candlelady
ditsypixie
NHmomof2boys
KristiMC
Sue and Co
diamondpixienc
mousehouselover
Alex&Evan's Mom
Mrs. Bob Loblaw
myweegirls
pjstevens
floydFamily4
Annette_VA
mrmrezg
jodi90
mickey&arielsmom
thuderbird1
Graciesmom77
Sunshineminnie
mommyof3princess27
inkedupmomma
Minnie Sue Oz
cruisecrasher
lovehoney
GaRain
ShesAPirate
BabyEinsteinsMom
tinkerbell3747
Mimi70
TheMysteryMachine
jbmoz
momeeyore
tiki23

Maintainers

Team Donald - hosted by - buzz5985

Losers
Buzz5985
Belledreamer
4Holidays
akhaloha
jenanderson
Settinsail
Mommyof2Pirates
liesel
MissDisney121
Donac
Wickey'sfriend
MoonFaerie
ilovefh
jillbur
momofdjc
mikamah
mackeysmom
Mary•Poppins
Shellbelle76
my3princes
mrsxsparrow
JacksLilWench
luvpoohandcompany
#1hoosierfan
clhcpaca
Dvccruiser76
ougrad86
Klmrph
trinaweena
6Smiles
pigletgirl
Kristie808
linnell
phorsenuf
vitfamily
StephMK
CaliforniaDreaming
delmar411
GoofyPredsFan
Mom2Maggie
Disneyluvr
Scraggy
bunkkinsmom
Keli
cjdj4
bcvprincesses
Eduke98080
Escape
frndshpcptn
travlrmel
Doug7856
VirataMama4
simpilotswife
kdzgon
chimoZie
Tink rules
grumpyskirtgirl
LuvBaloo
Pflo
happysummer
pjlla
MommytoCaitlyn
Ruthie5671
amykathleen2005
melmar136
quasar4legs
NevertoOld
kitchensinkguy
donaldandpirates
berries97
bellerunner
Rememberthemagic98
dizzydrop
jujubee727
Mickeymagic
DVCMom72
Pooh2001
Jubilee
disFam95
ADznyDrmr
araeszioz
SnowWhite
D73
MrsDuck
ChelleyB

Maintainers

Rose&Mike

Coaching Schedules

Team Donald

1/1/2012 — 1/5/2012 — Buzz5985
1/6/2012 — 1/12/2012 — jenanderson
1/13/2012 — 1/19/2012 — Rose&Mike
1/20/2012 — 1/26/2012 — donac
1/27/2012 — 2/2/2012 — mikamah
2/3/2012 — 2/9/2012 — mommyof2Pirates
2/10/2012 — 2/16/2012 — pjlla
2/17/2012 — 2/23/2012 — jillbur
2/24/2012 — 3/1/2012 — RemembertheMagic
3/2/2012 — 3/8/2012 — AmyKathleen2005
3/9/2012 — 3/15/2012 — cjdj4
3/16/2012 — 3/22/2012 — D73

Team Mickey
1/1/2012 — 1/5/2012 — Lisa0711
1/6/2012 — 1/12/2012 — dumbo_buddy
1/13/2012 — 1/19/2012 — RutgersAlum
1/20/2012 — 1/26/2012 — worfiedoodles
1/27/2012 — 2/2/2012 — tigger813
2/3/2012 — 2/9/2012 — debrapagliasotti
2/10/2012 — 2/16/2012 — Goldcupmom
2/17/2012 — 2/23/2012 — PrincessNancy
2/24/2012 — 3/1/2012 — OhMom
3/2/2012 — 3/8/2012 — Bellbookworm9
3/9/2012 — 3/15/2012 — BernardandMissBianca
3/16/2012 — 3/22/2012 — 50'sjayne

Merged Biggest Loser Thread

3/23/2012 — 3/29/2012 — CClovedis
3/30/2012 — 4/5/2012 — Mary•Poppins
4/6/2012 — 4/12/2012 — lisah0711
4/13/2012 — 4/19/2012 — belledreamer
4/20/2012 — 4/26/2012 — tigger813
4/27/2012 — 5/3/2012 — MelindaRuns
5/4/2012 — 5/10/2012 — 50sjayne
5/11/2012 — 5/17/2012 — Donac
5/18/2012 — 5/24/2012 — buzz5985

QOTD Archive

Team Mickey
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=43562943&postcount=7

Team Donald
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=43562877&postcount=7

Merged Thread

3/23/12 - Introduce yourselves.

3/24/12 - What does your schedule look like for the rest of the week? What pre-planning do you need to do to stay on plan?

3/25/12 - What does your schedule look like for the rest of the week? What pre-planning do you need to do to stay on plan?

3/26/12 - I am up for a challenge. What recipe would you like to see made into a healthier version? My goal is to PM you a recipe by Thursday.

3/27/12 - Pretend that today is your birthday. What is one gift you would like to receive? I cannot be health related or something like worldwide genuine respect.

3/28/12 - Stitch is at your doorstep with a note from his doctor. Dear Unsuspecting Neighbor, Stitch came in for his physical a few days ago and he is overweight. Lilo has been feeding him too many snacks and big dinners. I convinced her to feed him a practical breakfast, but I need your help with lunch and dinner. Please hang out with him long enough to feed him lunch and dinner and have them total approximately 1000 calories. A mid-day snack is encouraged as well. Breakfast is oatmeal made with 1/2 cup of milk and topped with a serving of berries plus a serving of vegetables. Stitch's favorite vegetable is is the onion. Thank you for your help. Dr. Trainer What will you feed him?

3/29/12 - Now that spring has started, we can think about summer. What is it about summer that you love the most? You are welcome to have more than one thing.

3/30/12 - Select one statement that is you. Now, decide how you could change this statement for at least one week. I am a junk-food junkie.
I eat under stress. I eat for other reasons besides being hungry.
I skip meals.

3/31/12 - What stands in the way of my workouts? Do I have a legitimate reason for skipping a workout?How could I reward myself for working out?

4/1/12 - What food has FOOLED you when you looked up the calories or points AFTER you ate it.

4/2/12 - Think about your weight loss since January (or whenever you joined) and write how an objective person would view your journey?

4/3/12 - Christopher's post about clicking the airplane belt got me thinking about other signs that let you know you have lost weight BESIDES the number on the scale. List one (or more) things/events that have changed since you lost weight

4/4/12 - How much water do you drink during the day? If you drink the 64ozs, what do you do to ensure you drink the whole amount by the end of the day?

4/5/12 - Eating vegetables are so important for good health. What is your favorite way to eat your veggies? Do you have a recipe you would like to share

4/6/12 - Which of these healthy habits can you fit into your life this week-end? Or do you have another tip to fit healthy habits into your life?

4/7/12 - Which reason to workout do you like best? Or do you have a reason of your own that didn't make the list that you would like to share?

4/8/12 - Which of these ideas do you think might help you be happier? Or is there something else that didn't make the list?

4/9/12 - What is your favorite motivational quote? It can be by YOU or someone famous.

4/10/12 - Which of these tips do you use to get yourself back on track when needed? Or do you have another tried and true method you want to share?

4/11/12: That means you all are going to make the list today by sharing a woo hoo moment from this week -- it can be anything that you want, a scale victory, a NSV, a change in your work-out. The only criteria is that it had to make you go "woo hoo."

4/12/12: Share ONE thing that you are doing today to help move you toward your goals?

4/13/12: What was your food or dessert of choice before starting your weight loss journey and what is it now?

4/14/12: Which Disney character reminds you the most of yourself and why.

4/16/12 : We've come a long way in three months. If you could go back in time to the first day you started the Biggest Loser challenge, what's the biggest piece of advice you'd give yourself?

4/17/12 : What inspires/motivates you in your weight loss journey to reach your goals, be it to make better food choices, to go exercise more, to run that race, etc?

4/18/12: If you had one day at Disney World and money wasn't an issue, what would you decide to do? Go to all the parks in one day? Ride your favorite ride over and over? Eat at any restaurant you wanted?

4/19/12 : Tell us a healthy choice you made for yourself this week. Something like turning down a favorite food to keep from eating unnecessary calories? Or maybe taking the stairs instead of the elevator?

4/20/12 - Do you look at menus before you go out to eat? What is your favorite restaurant to eat at that has the best healthy choices?

4/21/12 - What is your favorite form of exercise? I know, crazy question, but there must be something we have all come to like to do! It can be as simple as walking

4/22/12 - What do you give yourself as a treat for a "good week?" Is it a special food, a beauty treatment, a new pair of jeans?

4/23/12 - What is your plan of attack for the upcoming week?

4/24/12 - What book are you reading, just read or want to read?

4/25/12 - What do you do when you are exercising? Do you read, listen to music, watch tv or just chill?

4/26/12 - What are your plans for the weekend and what do you plan on doing to help you stay on plan?

4/27/12 - What motivates you more to stay OP and work harder: seeing pictures of yourself when you were heavier, or seeing a picture of someone closer to your goal weight?

4/28/12 - WHAT WOULD YOU PUT INTO YOUR FOOD EMERGENCY KIT?

4/29/12 - Exercise Emergency Kit. We all have times come up when we cannot get in our planned workout. What can we have at the ready to squeeze in a workout when our plans might not work out or our time is cut short?

4/30/12 - QOTDPlease share your favorite breakfast, lunch, and dinner meals. Snacks, too, if you like. What do you eat that leaves you satisfied and you still feel OP for the day?

5/1/12 -PLATEAUS - we all have had them. What can you do before the next weigh in to really kick your weight loss into high gear to either get over a plateau or to help ensure that you will not have one?

5/3/12 12LAST CHANCE WORKOUT, PEOPLE! Pretend your favorite trainer from The Biggest Loser is watching and motivating you today. We are quickly approaching our Friday weigh in. What can you do to up the ante for the weigh in? Can you get in a little bit more workout time? Can you up the intensity if you are low on time? Can you make better food choices? Try it until the weigh in and see if it makes a difference for you. Remember... the only difference between TRY and TRIUMPH is just a little UMPH!!

5/4/12 We are now 2 weeks away from the end of this challenge. What are you going to do to finish strong?

5/7/12 – We have many people who seem to be running around like a chicken without a head on.How is your week shaping up?

5/8/12 - Name on thing that you feel you should have done better during this challenge

Hi Janis!

Thanks for hosting the BL Spring 2012 Challenge! :cool1:

I just sent you a PM.

I am looking forward to coaching Healthy Habits again. I have a few changes in mind and am excited to announce that there will be Disney themes again!

Welcome Everyone!

CC

Hello All,

This was a sign! I've been battling with my weight since I was in college. I've had no serious health issues due to weight until last year. Last year I had my gallbladder removed and lost some weight due to the surgery and recovery time. It didn't take long for me to gain it back. I am a mom, I go to grad school part time, and I work at a bank part time. I told myself that 2012 will be my year to become fit, healthy and overall a better person (not that I think I'm a horrible one, but there is always room for improvement:)). SO as I am doing my daily DIS check I notice this board and decided to join. This is my first time doing one of these so bear with me. BTW feel free to call me Bicki ;)

My search for a co-hostess is over!!! I am pleased to announce that CC has volunteered to hostess Team Mickey, in addition to her duties as the HH coach. Thank you CC!!!!!!!!!!!!:dance3:

:cheer2:

Janis

Hello All,

This was a sign! I've been battling with my weight since I was in college. I've had no serious health issues due to weight until last year. Last year I had my gallbladder removed and lost some weight due to the surgery and recovery time. It didn't take long for me to gain it back. I am a mom, I go to grad school part time, and I work at a bank part time. I told myself that 2012 will be my year to become fit, healthy and overall a better person (not that I think I'm a horrible one, but there is always room for improvement:)). SO as I am doing my daily DIS check I notice this board and decided to join. This is my first time doing one of these so bear with me. BTW feel free to call me Bicki ;)

:welcome:

I will be starting the Team threads a little later in the week. I lost 27 pounds last year with the help of the BL challenges. You will find a very supportive group here.

Janis

Thanks Janis for being our hostess! :flower3:

Janis - Thank you so much for getting this all set up for everyone and being the hostess! :worship: I know it takes a lot of work and it is great to have people who take care of all the details!

I am looking forward to coaching Healthy Habits again. I have a few changes in mind and am excited to announce that there will be Disney themes again!

CC

CC - I can't wait to hear all about what you have come up with for the Healthy Habits! A BIG thank you to you as well! :worship:

Hello All,

Welcome Bicki! :welcome: I did this challenge for the first time 2 years ago and it was a huge part of my success. I was able to lose 48 pounds but have gained some of it back. I am looking forward to the team threads and getting going!

My search for a co-hostess is over!!! I am pleased to announce that CC has volunteered to hostess Team Mickey, in addition to her duties as the HH coach. Thank you CC!!!!!!!!!!!!:dance3:

:cheer2:

Janis

CC - You are great to take on the hostessing and the HH coach! Another thank you for all you will be doing!

I stumbled upon this thread, much like Bicki did....I am really looking forward to being a part of the challenge. I have 100+ pounds to lose and I've been slowly dropping weight with exercise ( and training for the disney 1/2 marathon, which is next weekend) and losing weight, but I'm hoping that having some support will push me even further.

I look forward to starting the challenge!!!

Count me in. Also sign me up to coach sometime after feb 2 & before march 10. I really needbthis to get back on track. I totally lost it in November. I will be starting a new WISH journal soon. Also back to WW soon. Be sure to come over to the January exercise thread. I MUST get mynfocus back and get this DONE! Thanks for all you do!

Hi. My name is Sara and I am joining in. I have been dieting for as long as ever but nothing has worked yet. I got more serious last year and lost like 30 pounds but have since gained it all back. I know this will be the year though that I lose the weight and become the person I have always wanted to be. I look forward to getting to know my teammates and to embarking on this journey in the new year.

I am in for this challenge. I have alot to get ready for. Ds2's graduation in May , my nephew's wedding June and a big family vacation to Dw in August.

It is time to make myself healthy again

I'm in! Baby weight be gone! I have a half marathon and a Disney trip in May that I need to get in shape for!!

Really looking forward to chatting with everyone and meeting our new losers!

I'm in, and I sent you a PM.

I lost 24 pounds ( :cool1::cool1: ) this year in part by participating in the BL challenges! And I have never had that type of success with losing weight before. The Friday weigh-ins really help with accountability.

Good luck everybody!

I'm back this year...as a loser:thumbsup2
Janis, jenanderson and Wickey'sFriend that is AWESOME all the weight you lost in last year's BL challenge, very encouraging!!!

I joined the BL challenges last Jan & last Spring...but I tend to piddle out after a few weeks, get "busy" (hate that word) with work, kids, life and lapse back into unhealthy habits. I need to lose about 10 lbs, and after age 40 it just hangs on! :confused3

I redid C25K this past summer, ran a 5K in October (that was my goal, to simply finish :thumbsup2), been keeping up the jogging sporadically (1-2x/week, definitely not enough), but I signed up for a May HM with some folks from our church. I may have to actually show up at the gym now:scared1: since I need to train in the winter (hate the cold!).

I get overwhelmed with the thread once I'm back in school (school teacher), but I'm wondering if volunteering as a coach for a week might keep me more engaged. I commend you all that give so much to this thread, you guys spread a lot of good will and inspiration.:worship:

Thanks,
Michele/RutgersAlum

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter