Big River Grille & Brewing Works

The Disney dining reservation system doesn't take seatings for Big River Grille. I've heard of people calling the restaurant directly and getting a reservation but it's advertised as first come, first serve.

Now you will be getting a lot of negative review of Big River Grille. I'm not one of them. We like it, wouldn't say we LOVE it, but it's decent and I like their menu alot better than Spoodles.

Before the negatives come barreling in, I have never had cold food, rude server, bad experience, or whatever you are going to hear. We wouldn't go back to it if that was the case. The beer sampler is the best bargain in Disney World.

Go with what YOU want to do and don't pay attention to reviews.

It does get many, consistently bad reviews here. But we too enjoyed it and we have been several times, although the most recent time was more than 5 years ago.
If the menu appeals to you, and you realize what it is - a brew pub - and you set your expectations accordingly you will probably be happy.
Know that every hotel and restaurant at WDW gets both positive and negative reviews here on the DIS all the time. We all have different likes and dislikes.
Enjoy whatever you decide.

The beer is great. The food is okay. I don't like the atmosphere at all. It is very loud in there. We've been twice, and we probably won't go again. There are too many other good restaurants in that area.

DON'T DO IT! While I have never eaten at Spoodles, it HAS TO BE better than Big River Grill.....seriously.

I would stick with Spoodles, but don't find Big River to be horrible. If I were you I would at the menus to help you decide. Does one appeal to you more than another.

I personally have Big River Grille at the top of my list for places I will never go to again. Had the worst service I have ever had at a restaurant. The place was practically empty and we had to keep flagging people down to get service. The food was below average at best.:headache:

Ate at Spoodles and loved it. The service was exceptional and the food was awesome. I would not hesitate to eat at Spoodles again.:thumbsup2

Just one person’s opinion.

We love Spoodles. Big River was simply put teh worst meal I have ever eaten in a restaurant, with bad service to match the poor food quality. Never again. And we're not picky.

I think Big River is a great brewery and pub.

The jalapeno cheese dip is awesome and so is the beer cheese soup! The Rocket Red Ale is definitely great, as are all of their microbrews. I have never had poor food or service there.

I always enjoy both Spoodles and the Big River. But for me, dining at Big River outside on the Boardwalk is one of my favorite places to eat in all of Disney World.

We had terrible service, rude hostess, dirty table and burnt/frozen (at the same time) food. We won't eat there again.

I would probably keep Spoodles as well. While we didn't have a bad time at BRG, it defiantely wasn't one of our favorite places to eat.

We ate at both Spoodles and Big River last year and very much prefer Spoodles. Spoodles was a 'nicer' environment, the waitress was MUCH friendlier, and while both menus have limited entrees, the food at Big River was terribly disappointing. My 'melt off the bone ribs' did anything but and were tough and chewy. The others at the table had slightly better luck with the (unremarkable) meatloaf, but it was nothing great. Also, as a huge beer fan, I was very disappointed with the two types I had (the pale ale and their seasonal brew). I would go so far to say that the only time I've had worse beer at a restaurant was in Hilton Head's microbrew pub.

Now with that said, and I mention this in every post about this place, if you ever go to Chattanooga, DO go to Big River. Many more beer options, much larger menu with my favorite two being their bbq chicken pizza and their spicy shrimp and grits, options conspicuously absent from their Orlando menu.

Now with that said, and I mention this in every post about this place, if you ever go to Chattanooga, DO go to Big River. Many more beer options, much larger menu with my favorite two being their bbq chicken pizza and their spicy shrimp and grits, options conspicuously absent from their Orlando menu.

ITA! :thumbsup2 Love that place. Can't EVEN compare the two. Was not impressed with Big River on the boardwalk. Food was not up to par and service was bad.

Denise

i just want to thank everyone for the comments. i will definetley take them all into consideration.------however after much talking with dh he insists we keep our SPOODLES ADR because with this being our 1st trip ever everything will be a new experience for us...SO SPOODLES IT IS!!!

...i just happened across the BIG RIVER GRILLE & BREWING WORKS...my question is: is this place better than SPOODLES?
One is a bar with bar food (yeah..bar food thats it) and the other is a restaurant...it depends what you are looking to experience. Walked by many times and most dinners are either drinking with happy faces or their...well playing with their food with few smiles.

We sometimes eat more than once at Big River Grill on one trip. The kids like the burgers and dip. I love the cajun Mahi Mahi sandwich. If we aren't visiting during the heat of summer we like to sit outside on the boardwalk while we dine. We've never had bad service there.

I can't compare it to Spoodles though, we'll have to eat there someday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter