Big Pine @ GF

dbail2

DIS Veteran
We booked GF for Dec. 6th thru 9th and I wanted to make a request for a room in Big Pine garden view. Any floor or room I should ask for?

I actually think any room in Big Pine would be fine, but I suppose you could request an upper floor. And, don't forget to request a dormer room if you want one, or a daybed if you need one. :) Have fun!!!

...we were given a room in Big Pine, and the view out our window was exactly that: a BIG PINE TREE! We couldn't see a thing! It was downright claustrophic.

We requested and got a better view in another building.

Just a thought.

I've already requested Big Pine for my GF stay in October and wanted to request a dormer room --- are these incredibly popular or not so much so CaliDreamin'??? I also wanted to request a king bed dormer room but didn't want to push my luck.

I had room 9512 garden view, dormer room in Big Pine Key. It was a perfect view of the quiet pool and we were able to see the MK fireworks at night. Ask for a pool view. Some parts of the building face trees and another building.

King beds are difficult to get even if you don't make a room "type" request (regular or dormer).

I'd definetly request the dormer room if that's what you want, there are MANY MANY more of the regular rooms than dormer rooms. I'd list (either the king bed or the dormer room) first depending which is most important, and then list the other one. I don't think it'll hurt your chances to be specific, just make sure you list them in order of importance! :)

Have fun!!!

dbail2,
The room had 2 queens, no daybed. To my knowledge, no dormer rooms have daybeds. If you need a daybed, do not request a dormer. There were only 2 of us in the room and it was perfect for us. We did not need a daybed. Room 9312 would be in the exact location of ours, except it would not be a dormer.

Last December we were in Big Pine room 9236. Our view was of the outside staircase of the building next to us. If we went outside and leaned over the railing a bit to stretch to see more to the right we could see big pines trees and a glimse of the water, but you really had to work at it. Needless to say we never sat out on our balcony.

If I ever do stay there again I would request another building.

I must say though it was a quick walk back to our room from the main building. The buildings are alot closer than they seem on the maps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter